Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-30-2022, 11:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course Joe has accomplished more than Andy.  What kind of question is this?  

Why is it in a thread about our defense?  

Is someone drunk?

I am most definitely drunk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither play defense?

So what is your point?

The point was I wanted to rub it in your face after all your horrible takes on Andy being as good and Burrow not accomplishing more. So finally bow out of that one once and for all. Line we all knew a long time ago Burrow > Dalton
Reply/Quote
This team has mastered the art of journalistic jargon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: Did Adenji get hurt or did the choose to put Carmen in? Oline looked a lot better the 2nd half of the game.

I'm pretty sure Adeniji came back in and played the 2nd half but I'd half to rewatch.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It just does not make any sense.  Our pass defense is just not that good.

When we forced that 3-and-out after Burrows pick in the 4th quarter I realized today was going to be our day.

It really doesn't make sense. Part of me was legit thinking that Mahommes was either throwing the game or was letting us catch up to make it exciting. But maybe the pressure just got to him even Burrow made some bad uncharacteristic throws. 

Got to give props to the defense.though having done it twice.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was proper call to go for it.

Mistake was in execution.  Should have made quick throw to end zone.  Incompletion would have left time to kick FG.

Agreed 100% 

Mahomes said the play call was a quick hitter over the middle and if it was not there throw the ball away, he said he got greedy
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:19 PM)Interceptor Wrote: My dad says Burrow is like a witch - puts spells on the other team to inexplicably mess up at the most crucial moment. He said that about Derek Jeter because he had clutch hits when he needed them.   Smirk

I likened Burrow to Jeter a week ago, but I don't remember WHY now, lol! Second person to say there's a link there. Jeter, Jordan, Lebron, in there.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:43 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It really doesn't make sense. Part of me was legit thinking that Mahommes was either throwing the game or was letting us catch up to make it exciting. But maybe the pressure just got to him even Burrow made some bad uncharacteristic throws. 

Got to give props to the defense.though having done it twice.

You could look at Patrick and tell he was rattled in the second half.  The adjustments made took him off his game and suddenly he was getting sacked.  Some of the sacks was because of the blanket coverage.  This defense is really good.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:47 AM)M.W. Wrote: You could look at Patrick and tell he was rattled in the second half.  The adjustments made took him off his game and suddenly he was getting sacked.  Some of the sacks was because of the blanket coverage.  This defense is really good.

So the game vs the Titans was a lesson for Burrow on how to properly take a sack and not get rattled?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Or had an O line!!

They love being cardiac cats just finding a way to win

I'm sure they won't grade out as well, but the high-dollar Chiefs line allowed four sacks and the Bengals only had one against them.

Call it scheme, or what you want....but the net result was better. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 08:49 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So the game vs the Titans was a lesson for Burrow on how to properly take a sack and not get rattled?

Patrick is Patrick and Joe is Joe. Not sure how Joe has anything to do with Patrick.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:20 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: The point was I wanted to rub it in your face after all your horrible takes on Andy being as good and Burrow not accomplishing more. So finally bow out of that one once and for all. Line we all knew a long time ago Burrow > Dalton

You obviously can't read.

I have always said that Burrow had more potential than Dalton.  I always said there was a reason he was taken #1 overall while Dalton was a second round pick.  I just thought it was kind of funny last year when people were calling him the greatest last year when he was the 24th ranked QB in the league and only won 2 games.  It reminded me of all the times that fans here claimed a QB did not need talent around him to win.  Well we saw what Burrow was able to do last year with less talent around him, but some people were not willing to admit it.
Reply/Quote
How???? How did the D just flip a switch like this? Serious question. Someone who understands X's and O's explain it to me. Chiefs did whatever they wanted in the 1st half again and the D stifled then in the 2nd again. The defense won us that game yesterday somehow.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously can't read.

I have always said that Burrow had more potential than Dalton.  I always said there was a reason he was taken #1 overall while Dalton was a second round pick.  I just thought it was kind of funny last year when people were calling him the greatest last year when he was the 24th ranked QB in the league and only won 2 games.  It reminded me of all the times that fans here claimed a QB did not need talent around him to win.  Well we saw what Burrow was able to do last year with less talent around him, but some people were not willing to admit it.

You said all the time he hadn't accomplished more than Dalton.  Now...he has.  Say it.  SAY IT!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chiefs four drives in first half
84 yds
75 yds
72 yds
80 yds

Chiefs next 5 drives
16 yds
17 yds
7 yds
(-2) yds
(-4) yds

Just insane.

It's almost as if when the Bengals stopped them before the half, the Chiefs became deflated and never quite got their mojo back.  The defense continuing to dial up the intensity as the game progressed didn't make things easy for them, either.

Stellar effort!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:28 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm pretty sure Adeniji came back in and played the 2nd half but I'd half to rewatch.

He did. They rotated throughout....
Reply/Quote