Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th man
Just saw on MNF how the Seahawks had a 95 year old veteran nurse raise the 12th man flag at the game tonight. Gruden stated how that was chilling. The fans there were really showing their support. Why can't our Bengals do stuff like that to get the fans engaged and energized in our games? They don't do anything to get the fans involved. Yes I know they have the 50th celebration this year but how far does that go? They need some young blood to come up with something to really get the fans energized.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Just saw on MNF how the Seahawks had a 95 year old veteran nurse raise the 12th man flag at the game tonight. Gruden stated how that was chilling. The fans there were really showing their support. Why can't our Bengals do stuff like that to get the fans engaged and energized in our games? They don't do anything to get the fans involved. Yes I know they have the 50th celebration this year but how far does that go? They need some young blood to come up with something to really get the fans energized.

Seattle is good, Cincinnati is not. When the Bengals are contenders the crowd is plenty energized. Unfortunately we’re going on two seasons of bad football and it looks like it’ll get worse before it gets better. Hard to be energized about this franchise right now
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Seattle is good, Cincinnati is not. When the Bengals are contenders the crowd is plenty energized. Unfortunately we’re going on two seasons of bad football and it looks like it’ll get worse before it gets better. Hard to be energized about this franchise right now

Exactly what I'm asking. Who would be ok with Brown and Co. pulling out of Cincy if we knew we could get a new team that had an ownership group that was really energized about a team. I would love it if the Bengals ownership went all out to be energized about the Bengals. I think the Reds are trying and hopefully it will pay off.
Reply/Quote
Have a free beer Sunday. That stadium would be rocking.

Reply/Quote
If we had a literal 12th man on the field we still couldn't block for Andy.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 11:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have a free beer Sunday. That stadium would be rocking.

Eh... You better charge a dollar per beer. You don't want people fighting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah, yeah these are all clever responses. I'm just saying that I wish the Bengals did more to make the fans more involved and make the experience fun like they do in Seattle and some other stadiums. With all the alternatives out there for the entertainment dollar they should work that much harder to bring fans into the stadium.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 11:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Have a free beer Sunday. That stadium would be rocking.

How about Mike has to lower prices of everything (Merchandise, season tickets, Parking , beer ... etc) to 1991 prices until we win another playoff game! 

I bet he would figure out this shit real quick
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have "tried" more in recent years to do more for the fans............as a Season Ticket holder I have seen it.......however in the grand scheme of things they leave a lot to be desired.....

as the OP mentioned what better time to give back to the fans and former players then on your 50th Anniversary season...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Pick 50 fans to kick Mike Brown in the nuts.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: They need some young blood to come up with something to really get the fans energized.

It's more about caring than it is about youth.  Then again, the Lions and Bengals are the teams with the longest playoff droughts and they are run by a 92 and 82 year old, respectively.  Hmm...
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 11:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Pick 50 fans to kick Mike Brown in the nuts.

[Image: giphy.gif]

You could have Tez start with the first "ball tap" to really kick things off.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 10:42 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Just saw on MNF how the Seahawks had a 95 year old veteran nurse raise the 12th man flag at the game tonight. Gruden stated how that was chilling. The fans there were really showing their support. Why can't our Bengals do stuff like that to get the fans engaged and energized in our games? They don't do anything to get the fans involved. Yes I know they have the 50th celebration this year but how far does that go? They need some young blood to come up with something to really get the fans energized.

Been to tenn, cleveland, ravens, colts, chiefs, detroit, jacksonville, st louis away games  and I have seen nothing like Seahawks 12th man so Bengals are not the only team lacking something like that
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 12:19 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Been to tenn, cleveland, ravens, colts, chiefs, detroit, jacksonville, st louis away games  and I have seen nothing like Seahawks 12th man so Bengals are not the only team lacking something like that

Good response. So we're not the only team that doesn't do that. I just wish Cincy would do more to engage fans. Look at Atlanta. They build a world class stadium for football and a new stadium for the Braves. I know Atlanta is the center of the South but Cincy is on the Mason Dixon line. That should mean something for crying out loud. I'm just venting because I think with the right people in place Cincy could be a go to city kind of like Indianapolis is. Cincy has made a few strides in the past decade as an attractive venue for world class events. I just wish we had the people to make this happen. I love Cincinnati and I don't even live there. I live in Lexington, 80 miles south. But I grew up in Northern Kentucky so I am a homer.
Reply/Quote
Quit fooling yourself. A "12th" man will not change the fact that the Cincinnati Bengals have a bum coaching staff and lack luster owner.
Reply/Quote
They start really winning when the Seahawks started getting more and mores bandwagon fans, I think the stadium has something to do with it ,is it the stadium that makes it louder? Do they play in a closed dome or something. Our noise just doesn't get that loud.
Reply/Quote
Last Bengals game I was at, more people were cheering for us to fail than to succeed. Thought that was 'different'.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Below are some of the reasons the Bengals won't have a 12th man situation like seattle's:

(11-20-2017, 11:26 PM)phil413 Wrote: If we had a literal 12th man on the field we still couldn't block for Andy.

(11-21-2017, 01:33 AM)Bengal Ben Wrote: Quit fooling yourself. A "12th" man will not change the fact that the Cincinnati Bengals have a bum coaching staff and lack luster owner.

(11-21-2017, 04:54 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Last Bengals game I was at, more people were cheering for us to fail than to succeed. Thought that was 'different'.

Negativity and always seeing the glass half empty by a large contingent of Bengals fans are a big part of why that can't happen here. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2017, 03:24 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: They start really winning when the Seahawks started getting more and mores bandwagon fans, I think the stadium has something to do with it ,is it the stadium that makes it louder? Do they play in a closed dome or something. Our noise just doesn't get that loud.

They have an "open" stadium, but 85% of the field is covered by a metal roof that just reflects the sound back down onto the field. It's the perfect acoustically designed stadium for noise.  
Reply/Quote
Seattle's stadium looks like a canoe. It was designed to be loud. Half their moronic fans wear jerseys with the number 12. They are all about themselves and the announcers declaring they can't hear themselves makes them cream.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote