Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 receptions for 182 yards and 1 TD
That is Kendrick Pryor's stat line through three preseason games. Before anyone immediately discounts his performance (and Lassiter and Irwin showed well also) don't forget that he didn't have the 1s blocking for the QB or Burrow playing QB, either.

Looking at Pryor in person, he is a very solidly build guy. 5'11", 190 lbs. Strong hands. Showed great concentration when a safety crossed him at the final second before making a nice downfield reception last night.

His pro day showed him run a 4.38 40time and had a nice 131" broad and 38.5" vertical. I think had this guy played at another school, he would have had a lot more than 99 receptions over his four years. He did have 1265 yards in his college career and 7 Tds. Another point of interest: He ran the ball 40 times for just over 400 yards and 5 more TDs.

I know he will most likely be on the PS, but of the three that are on the bubble (Irwin, Lassiter, and Pryor) I think he made the most difficult catches, broke the most tackles, and looks most NFL ready. Just my two cents...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hoping the kid makes the 53 personally

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was gonna say probably the only question I have is his overall speed. Seems to have the other traits you want. It looked like to me Lassiter has a little more quickness to him but he let a couple opportunities go by. I'm pulling for Pryor and I wouldn't mind seeing him being the 4th WR on the field.
Reply/Quote
I think he's our 7th WR, just depends on how many we keep. If he cracks the top 6 it's because he beat out Trent Taylor, but that dude has looked good too and has film on tape
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I know…I know “Armon Binns Award” but the kid has been impressive.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think he's our 7th WR, just depends on how many we keep. If he cracks the top 6 it's because he beat out Trent Taylor, but that dude has looked good too and has film on tape

Yep believe Taylor is a lock and should be, but think Pryor could beat out Thomas to make it into top 6.

Know Thomas plays ST and is Chase's back up, but if Chase goes down it will be Tee and Tyler that get the increased workload not Thomas that they will all of a sudden be relying upon. Plus ST could be covered by keeping an extra RB. 

Question though, is Pryor just such a liability on ST that he has no chance without keeping 7 WR ?

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 11:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep believe Taylor is a lock and should be, but think Pryor could beat out Thomas to make it into top 6.

Know Thomas plays ST and is Chase's back up, but if Chase goes down it will be Tee and Tyler that get the increased workload not Thomas that they will all of a sudden be relying upon. Plus ST could be covered by keeping an extra RB. 

Question though, is Pryor just such a liability on ST that he has no chance without keeping 7 WR ?

Don't think there's any chance of the WR Thomas getting cut. I have us keeping 7 WRs and going light on TE, but if we do have to cut Pryor; I think he clears waivers. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t even care about the stats…he was the best at hard catches, he was the best at getting to his spot, he was the best at breaking tackles after the catch.

If it were me we’d bring 7 into the regular season with Chase, Tee, Boyd, Taylor, and Stanley Morgan being 5. I change on the last 3 everyday but right now my last 2 WR would be Irwin and Pryor with me giving a thought about just going Lassiter and Pryor over Irwin and Thomas
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No way i want Thomas cut.. stud on ST, great blocker as WR, we know what we got.. been over this many times. those backup WRs really do little on the offense even when there is a injury happens to our top 3, we still have a great top 2. In the end little difference between the 3 fighting for that possible 7 possible 6 spot and if someone goes down , we will have one or two of those on practice squad or sitting at home to sign... all you have to do is look at Irwins first 3 years back and forth on the roster...
Reply/Quote
Boyd probably bolts after this season. Adding a young guy who can catch and run and paid very little seems to be a smart move. Pryor might be that guy. I love his hands. Lassiter drop yesterday won’t help his case to make the 53.
Reply/Quote
The good thing overall is WR depth is greater than ever.. won;t be hard to find these type of bubble guys next year that might turn into a solid player if we need to plus after WR heavy drafts for us, we had zero this year, if Boyd goes or we start to worry about signing Higgins, we will be looking at a high WR pick.. just like we did this here with the Hill knowing the Bates contract issue on the horizon...
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 12:58 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Boyd probably bolts after this season. Adding a young guy who can catch and run and paid very little seems to be a smart move. Pryor might be that guy. I love his hands. Lassiter drop yesterday won’t help his case to make the 53.

He’s under contract for 2 more years.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't think there's any chance of the WR Thomas getting cut. I have us keeping 7 WRs and going light on TE, but if we do have to cut Pryor; I think he clears waivers. 

Agree do not think Thomas or Allen gets cut although I disagree with this, Allen more so than Thomas though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 12:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't think there's any chance of the WR Thomas getting cut. I have us keeping 7 WRs and going light on TE, but if we do have to cut Pryor; I think he clears waivers. 

but think GB possibly claims him off waivers

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I would love to keep Pryor over Thomas, but I don’t think it happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s under contract for 2 more years.

See this is what being lazy gets me.  I could have checked spotrac, but I'd rather trust my memory.  Thanks for the correction.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 10:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is Kendrick Pryor's stat line through three preseason games.  Before anyone immediately discounts his performance (and Lassiter and Irwin showed well also) don't forget that he didn't have the 1s blocking for the QB or Burrow playing QB, either.

Looking at Pryor in person, he is a very solidly build guy.  5'11", 190 lbs.  Strong hands.  Showed great concentration when a safety crossed him at the final second before making a nice downfield reception last night.  

His pro day showed him run a 4.38 40time and had a nice 131" broad and 38.5" vertical.  I think had this guy played at another school, he would have had a lot more than 99 receptions over his four years.  He did have 1265 yards in his college career and 7 Tds.  Another point of interest:  He ran the ball 40 times for just over 400 yards and 5 more TDs.  

I know he will most likely be on the PS, but of the three that are on the bubble (Irwin, Lassiter, and Pryor) I think he made the most difficult catches, broke the most tackles, and looks most NFL ready.  Just my two cents...

Same here, really like Pryor. Dude is special, I think he could offer something coming off the bench as WR4 unlike anyone 
else if one of the top 3 go down. Great news as I really thought this was a need, looks like we got the guy already and don't
have to sign a DeDe Westbrook type. Pryor is this type of WR. Also keep Taylor cause he is dependable as a Returner with 
good hands. Also like Irwin but we might have to put him on the PS.

Cut Mike Thomas, he doesn't offer near as much as a WR and Pryor will work his ass of to be good on ST's. You can tell.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2022, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: but think GB possibly claims him off waivers

Even if Pryor clears waivers and gets signed to the practice squad there is a chance he could be poached from the practice squad during the season.  If some team loses a WR Pryor could be a target.  With all the injuries in the NFL, I think some team would eventually get around to signing Pryor

Of course the Bengals do have an option that prevents other NFL teams from signing the Bengals practice squad players.   NFL teams can select up to 4 practice squad players each week that are "protected" that cant be signed by another team.  I would imagine the Bengals would certainly use that desigination on Pryor every week which would be a shame really because if another team wants to give Pryor or any other practice squad player a chance and sign them to the 53 man roster, it would be a shame if those players dont get that opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2022, 12:31 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Even if Pryor clears waivers and gets signed to the practice squad there is a chance he could be poached from the practice squad during the season.  If some team loses a WR Pryor could be a target.  With all the injuries in the NFL, I think some team would eventually get around to signing Pryor

Of course the Bengals do have an option that prevents other NFL teams from signing the Bengals practice squad players.   NFL teams can select up to 4 practice squad players each week that are "protected" that cant be signed by another team.  I would imagine the Bengals would certainly use that desigination on Pryor every week which would be a shame really because if another team wants to give Pryor or any other practice squad player a chance and sign them to the 53 man roster, it would be a shame if those players dont get that opportunity.

Although that is cool for my selfish benefit, but that would really stink for the player to be shanghaied in this manner. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My 53 man roster prediction is:
QB 2: Burrow, Allen
RB 4: Mixon, Evans, Perine, Williams
WR 7: Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Morgan, Thomas, Taylor, Pryor
TE 3: Hurst, Sample, Wilcox
OL 9: Williams, Volson, Karras, Cappa, Collins, Prince, Carman, Hill, Adeniji
DL 10: Hubbard, Sample, Gunter, Hendrickson, Ossai, Kareem, Carter, Hill, Reader, Tupou
LB 5: Wilson, ADG, Pratt, Bailey, Johnston
CB 6: Apple, Awuzie, Hilton, CTB, Flowers, Davis
S 4: Bell, Anderson, Bates, Hill
ST 3: McPherson, Huber, Harris

Last 3 that didn't make it: Johnson III, Mike Thomas (the safety), Noah Spence

First 10 on the PS: (D'ante) Smith, Browning, Cochran, Lassiter, George, Chrisman, Henderson, Irwin, Bachie, Moss

I was really tempted to take Browning over Allen and the last DE spot between Kareem, Spence and Johnson III was tough, but ultimately went with the guy with experience and success with the team (Kareem) even though he is a bit injury prone.

I'm a little nervous about IDL depth, as I am currently predicting carrying 6 DEs and 4 DTs, but I think Hubbard and Sample are going to play a fair amount of snaps inside this year so that should make up for that lack of depth.
Reply/Quote