Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
15 G.O.P. Governors Shut Out Food Aid for 8 Million Children
Congress approved a Biden administration initiative to feed poor children during the summer. But 15 states led by Republican governors opted out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/12/us/school-lunches-assistance-republicans.html

Can I get an amen ? In your face Joe !! Ahah.

See ya in church folks.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
the "pro-life" party at its finest

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:05 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Congress approved a Biden administration initiative to feed poor children during the summer. But 15 states led by Republican governors opted out.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/12/us/school-lunches-assistance-republicans.html

Can I get an amen ? In your face Joe !! Ahah.

See ya in church folks.

I’m not quite sure what any of this has to do with religion but you seem to have some pent up aggression towards it that needs to be let out. If you need someone to talk to I can be the guy that listens.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m not quite sure what any of this has to do with religion but you seem to have some pent up aggression towards it that needs to be let out.  If you need someone to talk to I can be the guy that listens.

I tell you the truth, anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me.

-----Satan, probably
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m not quite sure what any of this has to do with religion but you seem to have some pent up aggression towards it that needs to be let out.  If you need someone to talk to I can be the guy that listens.

I didn't watch but I can bet my both hands that these people here are bragging everywhere how christian they are and how much they love Jesus Christ : 
  • Alabama, Kay Ivey
  • Alaska, Mike Dunleavy
  • Florida, Ron DeSantis
  • Georgia, Brian Kemp
  • Iowa, Kim Reynolds
  • Idaho, Brad Little
  • Louisiana, Jeff Landry
  • Mississippi, Tate Reeves
  • Nebraska, Jim Pillen
  • Oklahoma, Kevin Stitt 
  • South Carolina, Henry McMaster
  • South Dakota, Kristi Noem
  • Texas, Greg Abbott
  • Vermont, Phil Scott
  • Wyoming, Mark Gordon

Just took Jeff Landry LMFAO : 1st sentence

https://gov.louisiana.gov/page/meet-the-governor

Jeff Landry’s love for our state, and his passion for helping others is defined by his Louisiana roots. Jeff grew up in the small town of St. Martinsville where his mother was a schoolteacher and his parents took him to church every day

Obviously, he didn't listen ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 02:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m not quite sure what any of this has to do with religion but you seem to have some pent up aggression towards it that needs to be let out. If you need someone to talk to I can be the guy that listens.

I believe he's making the correlation of giving to the needy as being a Christian pillar of service that is part of some of the many things taught by Jesus, which these people probably champion that they are of said faith and completely go turncoat on said teaching.

Pointing out hypocrisy, in other words.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
These are the folks PrOtEcTiNg ThE cHiLdReN.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Here's an archive link if you want to read without having to register.

https://archive.is/UMh6A

The governors gave various reasons for opting out.

Some of those governors voiced concerns about the program’ mechanics and administrative costs; some indicated that they had ideological objections and a lack of faith in the federal government.

You can, of course take issue with the decision, but it doesn't appear to be motivated by not wanting to feed children. An interesting tidbit in the middle of the article.

The poverty rate soared in 2022 in the United States, particularly among children, as living costs rose and many federal pandemic aid programs ended.

I'm not sure how this is possible as the Biden administration is constantly telling us what outstanding shape the economy is in.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 06:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's an archive link if you want to read without having to register.

https://archive.is/UMh6A

The governors gave various reasons for opting out.

Some of those governors voiced concerns about the program’ mechanics and administrative costs; some indicated that they had ideological objections and a lack of faith in the federal government.

You can, of course take issue with the decision, but it doesn't appear to be motivated by not wanting to feed children. An interesting tidbit in the middle of the article.

The poverty rate soared in 2022 in the United States, particularly among children, as living costs rose and many federal pandemic aid programs ended.

I'm not sure how this is possible as the Biden administration is constantly telling us what outstanding shape the economy is in.

I get your confusion. It’s because of a core belief of your party is a lie. Trickle down doesn’t work.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 07:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I get your confusion.

I'm not confused.

Quote:It’s because of a core belief of your party is a lie.

I'm not sure where this weird impetus of yours to label me a Republican comes from, but it it inaccurate.  Disagreeing with you on some subjects does not make a person a GOP supporter.

Quote:Trickle down doesn’t work.

Accurate, and literally has nothing to do with anything I posted.  

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2024, 07:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I get your confusion. It’s because of a core belief of your party is a lie. Trickle down doesn’t work.

There's no confusion.  He's not a republican.

He just has to refute anyone who says a bad thing about republicans.   Mellow

All seriousness aside, everyone outside of the gop know the "christian" "pro-life" party doesn't give a rat's hiney about anyone unless they can work in a factory for minimum wage (or less) or can be part of the meat grinder in a war somewhere.

They can all kinds of "administrative" excuses but it boils down to them not caring.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 11:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: There's no confusion.  He's not a republican.

He just has to refute anyone who says a bad thing about republicans.   Mellow 

The hilarious part is that you are not allowed to call him a Republican because you disagree with him . . . yet he labels me as a Democrat because I disagree with him???

He will call out Luv'nit for starting ridiculous threads . . . but it seems to only be in a thread started by a Democrat and just so he can use it to call out the Democrat. He must not have time to call Luv'nit out and shut down his misinformation in his threads. Like Dave Chappelle said about the Black community catching crap from the gay community for not "supporting" Jussie Smollett. DC said that "we were supporting him in our silence . . . because he[sic] was clearly lying".

And for some strange reason, he's also not fond of people pointing out ANY of the Fascistic tendencies of Republicans.

But, yeah, totally not a Republican.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 05:50 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The hilarious part is that you are not allowed to call him a Republican because you disagree with him . . . yet he labels me as a Democrat because I disagree with him???

I believe I've called you a leftist, not a Democrat.  Are you not a leftist?  Can you name a single right leaning position you support, or ever have, on this board?  Anyways, congrats on getting daddy's attention.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I've called you a leftist, not a Democrat.  Are you not a leftist?  Can you name a single right leaning position you support, or ever have, on this board? 

LOL
So everything else I said was true.

And you've asked this same stupid question before.

NOTE - This is after Jan 6 and before Biden took office

I never posted here before 2019, a full two plus years into the Trump administration. You're first interaction with me was to call me an alt-nym, but that's the personality of someone that's afraid to tarnish their other fake online name. During this time, I was anti-Trump and anti-chaos and would oppose just about anything of his when his whole political agenda was ''If Obama was for it, then I'm against it'' regardless of the issue.

And then, a full year before I ever posted in here, Helsinki.

For some strange, unknown reason, you, a supposed lifelong Democrat voter, never saw these as warning signs and seemed to be drifting further away from the Left at this time. But I guess an alt-nym would never lie about his past.

Quote:Anyways, congrats on getting daddy's attention.  Smirk

Congrats trying to prove that you are not full of yourself. Keep reaching for those stars, kid.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 01:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

I never posted here before 2019, a full two plus years into the Trump administration. You're first interaction with me was to call me an alt-nym, but that's the personality of someone that's afraid to tarnish their other fake online name. During this time, I was anti-Trump and anti-chaos and would oppose just about anything of his when his whole political agenda was ''If Obama was for it, then I'm against it'' regardless of the issue.

For some strange, unknown reason, you, a supposed lifelong Democrat voter, never saw these as warning signs and seemed to be drifting further away from the Left at this time. But I guess an alt-nym would never lie about his past.

Congrats trying to prove that you are not full of yourself. Keep reaching for those stars, kid.

That thread is a good look at how wrong most people were!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I've called you a leftist, not a Democrat.  Are you not a leftist?  Can you name a single right leaning position you support, or ever have, on this board?  Anyways, congrats on getting daddy's attention.  Smirk

I am a leftist, they are all centrists at best. 

USA are completely switched to the right. What you call leftist here is a centrist elsewhere, what you call right wingers are called elsewhere complete fools. 

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 01:59 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

So now we're digging up threads from 3 years ago to make a point?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So now we're digging up threads from 3 years ago to make a point?

I'm left wondering what an "alt-nym" is.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 06:13 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I am a leftist, they are all centrists at best. 

USA are completely switched to the right. What you call leftist here is a centrist elsewhere, what you call right wingers are called elsewhere complete fools. 

I for one was shocked to hear that political opinions differ from country to country.  As for your assertion, recent elections in the Netherlands and elsewhere would indicate otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 08:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I for one was shocked to hear that political opinions differ from country to country.  As for your assertion, recent elections in the Netherlands and elsewhere would indicate otherwise.

I'm sure he's speaking specifically to the EU, less Germany and Great Britain, you know, all of those other little nations dependent upon herd mentality to survive...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote