Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republicans that you think should run for President in 2024
I'm an Independent and I don't choose between candidates based on ideologies, I base it on character and how they carry themselves. That said, I have very little respect for this current crop of Republicans. Flake and Corker spoke their minds . . . but way too late. I never disliked Mit Romney, but my respect for him has definitely grown in the last few years. If you're a Conservative, please name someone that you'd like to see make it through the primary process. I'd really like to know.

If I were to leave my status as an Independent and choose to be a Conservative, it would be as a McCain Conservative. I really respected his attitude and I loved his personality. The only Conservative that I enjoy listening to lately is Larry Hogan. He never seems to be projecting platitudes or partisan BS and has called out Trump on his lying and falsehoods from the first time I heard him speak.

This press conference yesterday will serve as key timeline evidence in the coming investigations about who messed up leading up to and during the attempted insurrection.

If this man is running against either Biden or Harris, he'll get my vote. Unless, of course, someone can point out a better candidate.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
After the last 4 years of enabling, the GoP will be hard pressed to find anyone who appeals to moderates and independents.

I say that of course in thinking that the voting men and women of the USA have an attention span longer than that of a common goldfish, so I know I'll be proven wrong in 4 years.
Reply/Quote
He's former GOP, but Justin Amash will likely run for the Libertarian nomination.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 11:13 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: He's former GOP, but Justin Amash will likely run for the Libertarian nomination.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

If he's keeping with the pro life thing he may as well push for the Republican nomination.  But that's a whole nother discussion. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully one of the recently elected Qmoron folks or the kid whose dream was to go to Hitlers vacation spot. Keep that true republican feel going
Reply/Quote
Kasich

Former Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam..Showed signs of being a moderate (by Tenn standards).  State legislators threatened to impeach him when he apponted a Muslim woman a gay man to positions in his administration.  Successful businessman.

Jon Huntsman Jr......former ambassador to China.  Our relationship with China may be the singal biggest issue for this country by 2024.  Also has moderate positions on issues like climate change.
Reply/Quote
I think the party should have a serious conversation with their leading non-Trump aligned candidates and discuss the fact that a 10 man field in 2016 allowed Trump to win with 30%.

This guy I went to middle and high school with was ranting about how Democrats rule the culture war now because they infiltrated schools and the media and brainwashed everyone. I wasn't about to engage, but he's wrong. America's demographics have changed dramatically and the GOP has not kept up with that change and has been openly hostile to it. Younger Americans are increasingly more diverse and the Republican base will literally die out in two generations if they cannot change.

They need to align behind someone they believe is good to promote the brand of their party moving forward. They have to win back moderates and cannot continue to alienate anyone who isn't White or straight.

They need a young candidate who opposed Trump's politics before it was politically beneficial. Sasse fits the bill until you realize he was happy to support everything Trump did for years. Rubio would have been perfect, but he lost his spine after losing in 2016 and shoved his nose as far up Trump's ass as he could. Kasich has been a firm opponent to Trump, but he'd be in his 70's by 2024.

Larry Hogan will make his case and say he was elected twice in a blue state and was mostly critical of Trump. He's only 6 years older than Harris.

Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are obvious choices for people who see the need to run a candidate of color, even if they both were accessories to Trump's chaos.

George P Bush split with his family in his endorsement of Trump, but he wasn't really on the radar and if he put some DC or governor's experience under his belt then he instantly becomes a notable candidate.

The reality is Ivanka and Don Jr will try their hands at politics soon. They need to ride their dad's coattails before it's irrelevant and then distinguish themselves in office. Ivanka will have an easier time since, while a horrible person, she is not as toxic as her brother.

The GOP does not lack young elected officials who can be potential candidates in 2024 or 2028, but a lot of these young people latched on to the Trump brand to get in.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I’ve got nothin. I’ll get back to this when I see one with integrity.
Reply/Quote
Kasich or Romney again.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Nikki Haley, all day. I think she's a slam dunk win.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Kasich or Romney again.

Kasich seemed reasonable in 2016...maybe that was just compared to the rest of the field.

Romney can suck eggs.  He can try to morph into statesman but I'd have to really hold my nose to vote for that vulture.

Let's not forget Chris Christie too.  He'll try and he can run on get along with Obama when he had to also.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
As mentioned earlier, Larry Hogan. Has been getting national face time. Republican governor in mostly blue Maryland and won re-election. Considered a moderate, so can peel off Independents and Republicans who just couldn't stomach Trump and people who may be disillusioned if the Dems poop the bed in the next 4 years.

I'm an Independent living in MD ( called unaffiliated here ), and I don't think he's the best, nor the worst. I feel my role of a citizen is to vote, then to whoever is in office is to question everything they do. Councilman or POTUS, you work for and answer to us and you all suck, but so will the next person I vote for.
Reply/Quote
Gaetz will probably try to run despite/because of his Trump ties.

Reformed criminal/second chances!

Single dad!

Fought Corona Virus personally!

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Haley is probably the most obvious choice. She didn't get kicked around by trump like half the gop did, she's got international experience, she's likable and she's smart.

I also like abbott, the governor of texas. He's fairly consistent in fiscal conservatism and he was willing to piss off his own party by listening to medical professionals during a pandemic. Plus, he's an old white guy. Americans love voting for guys who look like they should be on a box of oats.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Haley is probably the most obvious choice. She didn't get kicked around by trump like half the gop did, she's got international experience, she's likable and she's smart.

I also like abbott, the governor of texas. He's fairly consistent in fiscal conservatism and he was willing to piss off his own party by listening to medical professionals during a pandemic. Plus, he's an old white guy. Americans love voting for guys who look like they should be on a box of oats.

I see her at a VP role. They won't but her in the big chair, but with a younger ( under 60 ) candidate, they won't worry about her taking over the office during a term.
Reply/Quote
Nikki Haley and Tim Scott are likely candidates.
Reply/Quote
My non-insane conservative friends like Nikki Haley. I think she is fine but I'm curious if the Republican base would elect her. It'd be an interesting experiment at the very least. And setting up a showdown between Haley and Harris would be an optics win if nothing else. Representation isn't the only factor to consider, but it does matter.
Reply/Quote
Let's see..My personal list of republicans I want to see get elected..
Yup..that's pretty much my entire comprehensive list alright..

Aunt Lindsey as we lovingly call him here in South Carolina can be the token laughing stock I guess..just you wait until it's popular to be closeted gay in South Carolina!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:27 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: After the last 4 years of enabling, the GoP will be hard pressed to find anyone who appeals to moderates and independents.

I say that of course in thinking that the voting men and women of the USA have an attention span longer than that of a common goldfish, so I know I'll be proven wrong in 4 years.

Yeah, but what about all the "special"  gold fish types..? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 11:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If he's keeping with the pro life thing he may as well push for the Republican nomination.  But that's a whole nother discussion. 
We're trying to eliminate the abortion plank from the Libertarian Platform and just maintain a position that government should have nothing in the matter. From what I'm told Justin will be able to state his personal opinion, yet differentiate it from his professional political opinion, as it pertains to the Federal Government's involvement.

Btw.... I think this is a good spot to mention that Vermin Supreme is a really nice guy. He's been putting in some work for the Libertarian Party. Yeah, it's tough to take him seriously. But, if you ever have the opportunity to speak with him, please do so.

Another note regarding Libertarian politics.... comedian Dave Smith will be vying for the Libertarian nomination, as well.
Reply/Quote