Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Unrestricted Free Agents
Going to be an important roster churn this offseason. Could be a real chance to take another step forward replacing some back end guys. We need make moves to maximize our compensatory pick return. We have some quality guys who are hitting free agency and could get some big money.
Reply/Quote
That's always made me a bit nervous with any Mike Brown owned team, but maybe the girls lay on the charm offensive to grandpa and he spends like a drunken sailor to protect Joe and maybe even keep Lou!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sad Boyd got hurt probably last game as a bengal, class act
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sad Boyd got hurt probably last game as a bengal, class act

Why would this be Boyd's last game?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Going to be an important roster churn this offseason. Could be a real chance to take another step forward replacing some back end guys. We need make moves to maximize our compensatory pick return. We have some quality guys who are hitting free agency and could get some big money.

Not really.  The only 2 major players to leave are Bates and Pratt - most likely.

There should be no issue resigning the others.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not really.  The only 2 major players to leave are Bates and Pratt - most likely.

There should be no issue resigning the others.

Pratt was sounding off on Ossai heading to the locker room after the game
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sad Boyd got hurt probably last game as a bengal, class act

Boyd is going to be paid 8.5 million next year.  It's time to let him go and use that money for other needs.  Likewise, Mixon is going to make 9.5 million.  Thats 18 milllion between the 2 of them that could be saved for better use.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:21 AM)grampahol Wrote: That's always made me a bit nervous with any Mike Brown owned team, but maybe the girls lay on the charm offensive to grandpa and he spends like a drunken sailor to protect Joe and maybe even keep Lou!

The team spent as much as necessary the last couple of years, no reason for them to stop.  

There is no salary number to keep Lou.  He will only leave for a HC job and we cant pay him enough to not accept one.

As much good press as he is getting it will be difficult for him.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:58 AM)sloSTI Wrote: Pratt was sounding off on Ossai heading to the locker room after the game

I have no idea what you mean?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I have no idea what you mean?

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/bengals-jermaine-pratt-yell-joseph-ossai/
Reply/Quote
I don't think Lou has "beating the Refs" on his resume yet - He'll stay cheap most likely
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:59 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Boyd is going to be paid 8.5 million next year.  It's time to let him go and use that money for other needs.  Likewise, Mixon is going to make 9.5 million.  Thats 18 milllion between the 2 of them that could be saved for better use.

Boyd is not getting cut, he is a discount. 

Mixon on the other hand is a $12M cap hit next season and 13M in 2024.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:56 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why would this be Boyd's last game?

I thought I read we could let him go with not much cap hit a d save some $$$
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:02 AM)sloSTI Wrote: https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/bengals-jermaine-pratt-yell-joseph-ossai/

Pratt is gone.  We dont need that garbage.  I thought we might make an offer but this is childish.  He might want to remember that flag football missed tackle on the final drive to give them a 1st down.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Pratt is gone.  We dont need that garbage.  I thought we might make an offer but this is childish.  He might want to remember that flag football missed tackle on the final drive to give them a 1st down.

I wanted him back, but don't know if I do now 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I thought I read we could let him go with not much cap hit a d save some $$$

He is the 32nd highest paid WR in the league and generally regarded as the best WR3.... how would that make sense?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Pratt is gone.  We dont need that garbage.  I thought we might make an offer but this is childish.  He might want to remember that flag football missed tackle on the final drive to give them a 1st down.

Just a very emotional moment for him and others..It'll blow over..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: Just a very emotional moment for him and others..It'll blow over..

Extremely unprofessional on a very professional team.  Pratt has had ONE good season, there is a reason he is not a 3 down LB, even if was good enough - this is childish.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Extremely unprofessional on a very professional team.  Pratt has had ONE good season, there is a reason he is not a 3 down LB, even if was good enough - this is childish.

Pratt has done a lot of “look at me” chatter on Twitter. I’d love to keep him but not if it means losing some other key pieces.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 02:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Extremely unprofessional on a very professional team.  Pratt has had ONE good season, there is a reason he is not a 3 down LB, even if was good enough - this is childish.

I like Pratt and appreciate what he's done here.  

That said, I think he's played his last game in stripes.  We have a ready made replacement in Davis-Gaither.  Bailey ain't bad either.  

They aren't shelling out for an off-the-ball linebacker.  Not unless it's Logan Wilson.
Reply/Quote