Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 Unrestricted Free Agents
(01-31-2023, 03:39 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Hurst caught 52 balls and missed 3 games. Not sure what to tell you if don't think he wasn't a vital part of the offense and what made some of the downfield passing so vital. He had to stay in quite a bit to block against KC. He's been a huge part. Yes, I agree there are many decisions to be made and we're just fans putting in our 2 cents.

We only have one TE on the roster and that is Assai...

Hurst wants to be here and should be an affordable priority.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes. But that is my point.

Look at all the money saved if Boyd, Mixon, and Collins are gone.

$8.8 mill (Boyd)
$7.2 mill (Mixon)
$6.0 mill (Collins)
-------------------
$22.0 mill total

You're telling me you can't find a way to repurpose $22.0 mill and find adequate-or-better replacements for those positions along with opening up the draft?

Bengals have $44 mill in cap space, up to $66 mill if they make these moves.

That could afford the ability to re-sign guys and get a stud OL like McGlinchey.
The rest of the money can be used along with the draft to get a new WR, RB, rotational pass rusher, quality OL depth, and LB/DB (depth).

Look, we know the Bengals are unlikely to make a move on guys like Mixon, Boyd, and Collins, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing (more often anyway).

You say this as if I am disagreeing with you, lol.

I never want to pay a RB again, Mixon cut saves us another 11M next season as well, and we cant cut LC, he wont count against the cap anyway. 

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We only have one TE on the roster and that is Assai...

Hurst wants to be here and should be an affordable priority.

No doubt and with another off season he can be even better.Just a really good primary guy at times and mainly a good outlet guy in the 2nd/3rd progression. Really good energy guy and locker room guy who wants to be here with everything he's gone thru. I don't see hum breaking the bank but what do I know.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:01 PM)higgy100 Wrote: No doubt and with another off season he can be even better.Just a really good primary guy at times and mainly a good outlet guy in the 2nd/3rd progression. Really good energy guy and locker room who wants to be here with everything he's gone thru. I don't see hum breaking the bank but what do I know.

If we are being honest Hurst most likely wont have a tremendous market.

He will be 30 years old.

He hasnt had a tremendous season yet.

After CJ, it would seem any TE should have at least average numbers with Burrow.

He has had personal issues.

I say this as the very first guy who wanted us to sign him back in February.  I hope we get him back on a reasonable deal, but we need to consider a TE in the draft for the future.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 03:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You say this as if I am disagreeing with you, lol.

I never want to pay a RB again, Mixon cut saves us another 11M next season as well, and we cant cut LC, he wont count against the cap anyway. 

What?
Why can the Bengals not cut him and why won't he count against the cap?
Per spotrac:
2023 - $9.384 mill cap hit, $3.33 mill dead cap
2024 - $8.666 mill cap hit, $1.66 mill dead cap
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What?
Why can the Bengals not cut him and why won't he count against the cap?
Per spotrac:
2023 - $9.384 mill cap hit, $3.33 mill dead cap
2024 - $8.666 mill cap hit, $1.66 mill dead cap

LC will be on the IR start of the season.  IR players do not count vs the cap.  Teams cannot cut injured players, only a medical settlement can trigger his release until he is healthy again.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LC will be on the IR start of the season.  IR players do not count vs the cap.  Teams cannot cut injured players, only a medical settlement can trigger his release until he is healthy again.

I don't believe that is correct.
Do you have proof to confirm that?

From this link, it says, "If a player is placed on IR, they will still count toward the salary cap."
https://www.patspulpit.com/2022/8/31/23330733/2022-nfl-injured-reserve-explained-how-it-works-rules

Also this link, which says, "When a player goes on injured reserve, his full salary cap figure counts against his team’s salary cap unless otherwise specified in the player’s contract."
https://www.denverpost.com/2011/08/21/qa-nfls-injured-reserve-list-has-salary-cap-ramifications/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 04:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If we are being honest Hurst most likely wont have a tremendous market.

He will be 30 years old.

He hasnt had a tremendous season yet.

After CJ, it would seem any TE should have at least average numbers with Burrow.

He has had personal issues.

I say this as the very first guy who wanted us to sign him back in February.  I hope we get him back on a reasonable deal, but we need to consider a TE in the draft for the future.

I'll tell you another interesting player here who would look great in a Cincy, uni. who has not gotten the recognition because of another player at the same position on their own team. TE Darnell Washington from Georgia is a flat out stud at 6'7"/ 265 and a 4.7 guy. Crazy hybrid player as he's as close to having another OT out there as you can have but can stretch and still catch the ball.He averaged over 16 ypc. on 28 receptions but he played 2nd fiddle to the absolute best TE in Brock Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't believe that is correct.
Do you have proof to confirm that?

From this link, it says, "If a player is placed on IR, they will still count toward the salary cap."
https://www.patspulpit.com/2022/8/31/23330733/2022-nfl-injured-reserve-explained-how-it-works-rules

Also this link, which says, "When a player goes on injured reserve, his full salary cap figure counts against his team’s salary cap unless otherwise specified in the player’s contract."
https://www.denverpost.com/2011/08/21/qa-nfls-injured-reserve-list-has-salary-cap-ramifications/

You are right, they just dont count against the 53 roster.  But we still can't cut him until he is healthy or settlement reached.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 05:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote:  
I'll tell you another interesting player here who would look great in a Cincy, uni. who has not gotten the recognition because of another player at the same position on their own team. TE Darnell Washington from Georgia is a flat out stud at 6'7"/ 265 and a 4.7 guy. Crazy hybrid player as he's as close to having another OT out there as you can have but can stretch and still catch the ball.He averaged over 16 ypc. on 28 receptions but he played 2nd fiddle to the absolute best TE in Brock Bowers.

He will be taken in the 2nd round at the latest.  If we resign Hurst, I dont see TE as 1st or 2nd round need unless it is Mayer.

IMO, our greatest, most immediate need is RT.  Wright or Jones would be my top priority.

Reply/Quote