Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16 year olds voting?
(11-07-2015, 02:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes I don't extend any respect to kids or their families .... Haha   I guess the fact that those same kids have still kept a relationship with me all these years later ....  That must mean they felt disrespected all those years....  Right?    Kids crave limitations and direction because they want the blueprint to becoming an adult.  

Like I have repeatedly mentioned on the board .  You need to be a strong adult to develop strong adults, its not always about giving or getting respect, it's about earning that respect by your actions.    When kids feel they are entitled to anything.... Including respect....  They forget how to earn it and that's the most important.    

As far as them being idiots.....  Anytime you have someone who has never had to make decisions for themselves it's realistic to think that they will make mistakes repeatedly....    So to tie it back into the OP.   Why do we want them to make these mistakes voting?  

Are their some that could handle it..... Ofc there are ....   But the vast majority have no business voting.    Really you could make a case that most under 30 do not have enough life expierence .

Oh, hey, I clarified that I am not suggesting that kids don't need boundaries so you responded by continuing to act like I did.

This is called a straw man. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I had a gf who was a republican and her entire family said the same things about politics whether they were 16 or 66.
(11-07-2015, 02:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Oh, hey, I clarified that I am not suggesting that kids don't need boundaries so you responded by continuing to act like I did.

This is called a straw man. 

Then you agree with me. Wonderful. Nice to see your turning a corner Tongue
(11-07-2015, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I had a gf who was a republican and her entire family said the same things about politics whether they were 16 or 66.

Haha oh how did you survive.

Were they progressives or classic conservatives?
(11-07-2015, 03:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha oh how did you survive.  

Were they progressives or classic conservatives?

Ehh, I just sort of tuned out for the most part.  When it comes to politics (as well as pretty much anything else) I'm far more interested in people's mindsets and reasoning than policy.  I ask people questions about their views which often makes it look like I'm a member of "the other side."  
(11-07-2015, 05:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I just sort of tuned out for the most part.  When it comes to politics (as well as pretty much anything else) I'm far more interested in people's mindsets and reasoning than policy.  I ask people questions about their views which often makes it look like I'm a member of "the other side."  

Haha ... I let people hang themselves. My in laws are really odd in their political views. They are very much for freedom but they also like some of the old Soviet ways. It's funny because in the same breath they do not want us to live anywhere near that style. What's funny is that they are terrified of voting and will not talk about politics on the phone at all..... They also ask that we do not talk about politics in public. But that might be more related to their situation.
(11-07-2015, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then you agree with me.   Wonderful.  Nice to see your turning a corner Tongue

I agree that kids need boundaries. Despite your repeated suggestions, I never said they didn't.

I disagree that they need to be treated like "idiots". Do you actually want to address what I have said?

(11-08-2015, 11:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I agree that kids need boundaries. Despite your repeated suggestions, I never said they didn't.

I disagree that they need to be treated like "idiots". Do you actually want to address what I have said?

Which part?
(11-08-2015, 02:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which part?

Take your pick. I'd be impressed if you addressed any part of it instead of resorting to straw men 

(11-08-2015, 04:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Take your pick. I'd be impressed if you addressed any part of it instead of resorting to straw men 

Show me what you would like me to respond.
(11-08-2015, 04:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Take your pick. I'd be impressed if you addressed any part of it instead of resorting to straw men 

[Image: 52533751.jpg]