Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
173 Penalty Yards
173 penalty yards? That’s more yards than Gio Bernard and Joe Mixon gained in rushing last night — combined.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And the prime reason...

...we lost

...and ML should be gone. Since he's been here stupid penalties have been the hallmark of his teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: And the prime reason...

...we lost

...and ML should be gone. Since he's been here stupid penalties have been the hallmark of his teams.

Absolutely !

There were a bunch of people complaining on the game day thread that the refs cost us the game. And while I fully agree that is one flag happy crew and they hurt the game. And the holding on Gio on the AJ touchdown was a BS call. We deserved a bunch of the rest of the penalties we got.

The Bengals beat the Bengals with their own horrible play, no discipline, and the typical ML led implosion !

And yes Marvin must go !
Reply/Quote
It most likely the majority of the penalty yard were because of Dre K unfortunately. I do not understand why he continues to start instead of Dennard extension or not. The smart move would be to try to trade him for an linemen by the new staff. He hardly ever seem to try to locate the ball but panic and instantly go for the tackle instead of pick.
Reply/Quote
What? We couldn't break 200?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The penalties are bad, but I think most just want it to be called on both teams. If you don't think the Steelers weren't holding or interfering with receivers, then you weren't paying attention.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What? We couldn't break 200?

Typical underachievement by this team.  200 was right there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:17 PM)804 fan Wrote: It most likely the majority of the penalty yard were because of Dre K unfortunately. I do not understand why he continues to start instead of Dennard extension or not. The smart move would be to try to trade him for an linemen by the new staff. He hardly ever seem to try to locate the ball but panic and instantly go for the tackle instead of pick.

Actually, Dre accounted for 31 penalty yards.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/d-kirkpatrick-cincinnati-bengals?year=2016

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

[Image: 24296504_10159695451630494_4768844229512...e=5A890A72]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the one that annoys me the most is the one on Geno. There was absolutely no reason to push Big Ben after he'd thrown it out of bounds. A stupid, unnecessary and costly mistake by one of our leaders. Pretty much shows where we're at as a franchise.
Reply/Quote
That many penalty yards is crazy. Yeah the refs sucked but the players need to clean it up.
Reply/Quote
Sad thing is...those penalty yards don't account for the Green touchdown either. So, it's well over 200 yards.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:47 PM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: I think the one that annoys me the most is the one on Geno. There was absolutely no reason to push Big Ben after he'd thrown it out of bounds. A stupid, unnecessary and costly mistake by one of our leaders. Pretty much shows where we're at as a franchise.

And unfortunately it was the only time I remember hearing his name...

Reply/Quote
Seems all our penalty issues are on offense. Only 2 teams have fewer penalties than the Bengals defense and only 4 have fewer yards. Conversely only 3 teams have more penalty yards on offense than the Bengals.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems all our penalty issues are on offense. Only 2 teams have fewer penalties than the Bengals defense and only 4 have fewer yards. Conversely only 3 teams have more penalty yards on offense than the Bengals.

Those holding calls stack up. So do false starts.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:47 PM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: I think the one that annoys me the most is the one on Geno. There was absolutely no reason to push Big Ben after he'd thrown it out of bounds. A stupid, unnecessary and costly mistake by one of our leaders. Pretty much shows where we're at as a franchise.

Tbh, I thought Ben flopped on that play and the refs stupidly threw the flag.

(12-10-2017, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems all our penalty issues are on offense. Only 2 teams have fewer penalties than the Bengals defense and only 4 have fewer yards. Conversely only 3 teams have more penalty yards on offense than the Bengals.

The offense had 5 penalties for 45 yards in this game.

Dre Kirkpatrick alone had 2 penalties for 68 yards, which led to a pair of FG's the Steelers had no business getting.

Overall, the defense had 6 penalties for 108 yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 12:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh, I thought Ben flopped on that play and the refs stupidly threw the flag.

The offense had 5 penalties for 45 yards in this game.

Dre Kirkpatrick alone had 2 penalties for 68 yards, which led to a pair of FG's the Steelers had no business getting.

Overall, the defense had 6 penalties for 108 yards.

One was legit, and it was also a good play in my book.  It was a TD if he didn't interfere, so it forced a FG try to end the first half.

The other was complete BS.
Reply/Quote

YYep, the OL sux

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote