Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17th game officially being added to the schedule
(03-23-2021, 11:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good point.  I'm liking three.  Don't know if the players union will like it because they're all the big wigs and probably won't be thinking much about the bubble guys that need that third game to earn their spot.

There will still be some format where there is 4 weeks of games/practice/scrimmage before the season starts because the league doesn't want opening weekend to be during Labor day. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all I don't see how any NFL fan can complain about getting another game to watch.

1. More injuries during a longer season will contribute to a weaker product down the stretch and into the playoffs.

2. Rookies often struggle with the transition from 11+ games in college to 16+ games in the pros. Add another game to that.

3. Every record will be shattered in the next 1-2 years. The NFL already has a problem with appreciating records and history.

4. More chances for concussions, which is an issue that has led to many rule changes that again hurt the product.

As an NFL fan, I'm more about quality over quantity.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 02:36 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There will still be some format where there is 4 weeks of games/practice/scrimmage before the season starts because the league doesn't want opening weekend to be during Labor day. 

This was going to happen.  Are they getting rid of Preseason Week 4.   NFL has been talking about getting rid of Preseason Week 4 a long time now.  Teams benching their starters and have one last Preseason Game was Football at it's worst.  The cuts pretty much decided, the score or who won not important. Yet teams charged as much for tickets to this garbage as a regular season game.  NFL has been wanting to dump a Preseason Game and replace it with a regular season game for many years.  I hope that is what they did, because adding a game and keeping Preseason Game 4 would be just stupid. Nobody in their right mind likes Preseason Game 4, that is football at it's worst. 

2 games they need to dump. Preseason Week 4, and The Pro Bowl, 2 games that are awful, mean nothing, but players can get injured in those stinkers, as did Eifert. Owners should hate The Pro Bowl where star players could get injured not even playing for owners team. Yes, add a regular season game, and dump Preseason Game 4 and The Pro Bowl, that would be a great way to do it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 10:19 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m confused. If the 17th game is inter conference, why would we play an NFC team like 49ers?

Inter- means between. Examples: international means between nations; interstate (as in our highways) means between states.

Interconference means between conferences.

Inner on the other hand means within or on the inside.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Inter- means between. Examples: international means between nations; interstate (as in our highways) means between states.

Interconference means between conferences.

Inner on the other hand means within or on the inside.

Thanks for the explanation.

Reply/Quote
This puts more pressure on the Bengals, as no longer is 8 wins avoiding a losing season.
Bengals need to put up 9 wins to not disappoint in 2021 now, IMO, as they need to have a winning season again.
They haven't had a winning season in 5 years, and are tied for the second-longest playoff appearance drought, with only the Jets being longer (at 10 years). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_franchise_post-season_droughts
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ruining the NFL one goofy ***** decision at a time.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. More injuries during a longer season will contribute to a weaker product down the stretch and into the playoffs.

2. Rookies often struggle with the transition from 11+ games in college to 16+ games in the pros. Add another game to that.

3. Every record will be shattered in the next 1-2 years. The NFL already has a problem with appreciating records and history.

4. More chances for concussions, which is an issue that has led to many rule changes that again hurt the product.

As an NFL fan, I'm more about quality over quantity.

Yes, agreed with all of this....this is just pure greed at its finest. 
Reply/Quote
I remember when the NFL went from 14 games to 16 games.

There was ZERO noticeable drop off in quality of play.

Funny how none of the people squealing about playing 17 games were never screaming for the NFL to go back to 14 or 12 games o improve the quality of play.

Some people just love to complain about everything.
Reply/Quote
"Well, with a 17 game season, no more .500 seasons. You only have a losing or winning record."
"Nah, the Bengals will have a tie game or something."
Argh
Reply/Quote