AJ
Boyd
Mixon
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Half MVP
Saw Shake mention he thought about making a first half MVP thread and figured why not. Despite the mood around the board the Bengals are 5-3, and are in a pretty good position going into the bye. Iirc with our current record we have over a 60% chance of making the playoffs. I’m only going offense, as I don’t really think anyone on the defense would get many votes (honorable mention to Bates though). So who you got?

Andy Dalton 2102 Yds 17 TD 8 Int 92.9 PR

AJ Green 45 Rec 687 Yds 6 TD

Tyler Boyd 49 Rec 620 Yds 5 TD

Joe Mixon 509 Yds Rush 4.8 Avg 4 TD 115 Yds Rec 1 TD for a total of 624 Yds & 5 TD (in only 6 games)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We have 5 wins. Dalton has 4 game winning drives.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have 5 wins. Dalton has 4 game winning drives.

Totally valid reason alone to go with Dalton. His numbers should be even better too if it weren’t for all the INTs that have mostly been on his WR’s.

I’m going with Boyd though. We’ve seen this offense the last couple years when it’s all AJ, and it wasn’t pretty. Boyd is pretty much putting up the numbers of a #1 right now (on pace for 98 Rec 1240 Yds and 10 TD) and he seems to be becoming Andy’s go to when we absolutely must have a play.

Reply/Quote
Had to go with AJ.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
ALEX VAN PELT
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:15 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: ALEX VAN PELT

Good choice. With all the hype surrounding Pollack, I think VP has been our best new coach. You can really see the difference in Andy’s mobility this year.

Reply/Quote
Andy, 4 game winning drives. Saw that he was like 7th overall per PFF for what that’s worth. He’s playing great and while our line has improved it is still not very good. He’s playing with a lot of confidence and has been calm as can be when we need it.
Reply/Quote
On the Van Pelt thing, I said to my dad on Sunday that Andy has become the best QB in the league at hard count/getting guys to jump, after Rodgers.

Van Pelt the reason?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy in a landslide. I think the boards are understating how good he's been this year and probably his career. We go into every game knowing Andy is gonna do his part and just hope the other units can do their jobs enough to get the W.
Reply/Quote
5 wins and our QB has 4 game winning drives in 4th quarter, just missed a 5th when our defense could not hold lead against Steelers. In my opinion, not even close.

But Boyd is having a great year and starting to look like better version than another great TJ Housh
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:22 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Andy in a landslide. I think the boards are understating how good he's been this year and probably his career. We go into every game knowing Andy is gonna do his part and just hope the other units can do their jobs enough to get the W.

Disagree with the landslide part. Are we 5-3 with Brandon LaFell as our #2 WR?

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good choice. With all the hype surrounding Pollack, I think VP has been our best new coach. You can really see the difference in Andy’s mobility this year.

The OL takes it's lumps around here, for sure.  But, the jump in rushing production from last year to this year is pretty significant.   

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The OL takes it's lumps around here, for sure.  But, the jump in rushing production from last year to this year is pretty significant.   

True, but it’s also 4/5 new guys out there. But yeah, I doubt the running game would have improved much with Alexander still here.

Reply/Quote
It was a tough decision. Boyd is having a great season, but in the end I went with Andy.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
These are all valid choices and I can see lots of discussion back and forth for each.

I feel like andy and green are playing the way they are suppose to not necessarily at a higher than normal level. Mixon is playing very respectfully but somehow hasn’t been at quite the level id hoped with the exception of maybe 2 games. Some might disagree but I thought/hoped he was going to be unquestionably a super star across the league. Maybe I expected too much.

That leaves Boyd and I think we all agree he’s been much better than anyone anticipated. Grated without defenses respecting aj the way they do he might not have the opportunity to shine the way he has but damnit if he’s not taking full advantage of it right now. Kid is awesome.

Having said all that andy gets my vote. He gets the ball ever offensive play and has done well with the game on the line this year. Aj, Mixon and Boyd have all been Integral to those drives but Andy’s still driving the bus.
Reply/Quote
We have guys who are having good seasons. Tyler Boyd is having a break out one. But, the MVP. Is easily Andy Dalton

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ug

Reply/Quote
Andy is the MVP. He's having a very solid season and I actually think it will get better as the year goes on. When Price is back and the OLine continues to gel, I think Andy might be able to settle in a bit more. Also, the improved play out of the pocket has been a tremendous help.

I don't think Mixon is far from being the MVP. He needs more touches each game. He should always be in the 20-25 area at bare minimum. He's a stud.

Boyd has been impressive. It finally looks like we've found the number 2 receiver we've been searching for. He's the most improved player on the team by miles.

AJ is AJ. He's always going to be in the team MVP discussions as well he should be. My only knock on AJ this season is the drops/fumbles. He's a premier talent and receiver and will get that straightened out.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:06 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Ug

??

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:19 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Andy is the MVP. He's having a very solid season and I actually think it will get better as the year goes on. When Price is back and the OLine continues to gel, I think Andy might be able to settle in a bit more. Also, the improved play out of the pocket has been a tremendous help.

I don't think Mixon is far from being the MVP. He needs more touches each game. He should always be in the 20-25 area at bare minimum. He's a stud.

Boyd has been impressive. It finally looks like we've found the number 2 receiver we've been searching for. He's the most improved player on the team by miles.

AJ is AJ. He's always going to be in the team MVP discussions as well he should be. My only knock on AJ this season is the drops/fumbles. He's a premier talent and receiver and will get that straightened out.

2 Fumbles, both in the first game (which we won)

3 drops on 76 targets.

I don't correlate :shrug:
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote