Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 1/2 point underdogs
Just saw on twitter from Vegas Insiders that the Steelers are favored by 2 1/2 points next weekend in the Wildcard round.

Anyone surprised by this?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:54 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Just saw on twitter from Vegas Insiders that the Steelers are  favored by 2 1/2 points next weekend in the Wildcard round.

Anyone surprised by this?

Not really. We play conservative ball with AJM out there and to win the playoffs you gotta let it all hang out. Not exactly a Marv trait.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
is dalton 100% out for this game?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Not really. We play conservative ball with AJM out there and to win the playoffs you gotta let it all hang out. Not exactly a Marv trait.

so running the ball for 140 is a bad thing ??  We did score 24 today correct.. hate to see what we would score not being conservative..lol
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so running the ball for 140 is a bad thing ??  We did score 24 today correct.. hate to see what we would score not being conservative..lol

Did you watch today's game? Our offense struggled mightily most of the game to block and indeed to move the ball against a defense composed of scrubs. I'm surprised the line is only 2.5 against us.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:16 AM)Joelist Wrote: Did you watch today's game? Our offense struggled mightily most of the game to block and indeed to move the ball against a defense composed of scrubs. I'm surprised the line is only 2.5 against us.

First, we scored more points than Pittsburgh did against Baltimore.. 

Second, Baltimore defense not the problem this year.. their ranking is pretty decent.

Third,  Does not matter when you score the points.. bottom line is we scored 24 points against a decent defense.. they are 8th ranked in NFL in yards allowed.. so sorry to bust your bubble
Reply/Quote
Not at all

I will be surprised if it doesn't climb as the week goes along.
Reply/Quote
Get your bets in..... When we are healthy that line will flip quick .
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:07 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so running the ball for 140 is a bad thing ??  We did score 24 today correct.. hate to see what we would score not being conservative..lol

great stats!  How many 3rd down conversions did the bengals have in that statistically dominating game?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
If I was a betting man i would put a lot on the Bengals. Deangelo Williams in a boot is pretty big. We got Iloka and Eifert back. Rough up Rottenturdgurggler and we get the W
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:00 AM)basballguy Wrote: great stats!  How many 3rd down conversions did the bengals have in that statistically dominating game?

the conversions that matter are red zones.. and scoring 24 points... how many points did the great Steelers score last week against this same team... enough said
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not at all

I will be surprised if it doesn't climb as the week goes along.

I see it going down once Williams is ruled out and if Andy is ruled in.. we will be the favorites as we should
Reply/Quote
We win the AFCN, playing at home against a team that is badly beat up and we're the underdogs? Wtf
Reply/Quote
We have a backup QB in and are regressing as a a team. This is a fact. No different than the Patriots are in decline.

If AD was playing and we had stayed the course (even losing a couple of games), we would get the odds.

With AJ-Mac, we are DEFINITELY the underdogs.

If the STOOLERS had thier back up playing, they'd loose odds-points as well.

This isn't Vegas driven Bengals hate. It's reality.

FACT: Unless AJ-Mac plays the game of his NFL career, we will lose.
Reply/Quote
Seems about right.

Reply/Quote
Watch it grow...people get stupid when putting money on the steAlers
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:02 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If I was a betting man i would put a lot on the Bengals. Deangelo Williams in a boot is pretty big. We got Iloka and Eifert back. Rough up Rottenturdgurggler and we get the W

I remember what happened last time Bengals played Steelers at home in a playoff game, and if roles were reversed and say Burfict jacks up Bennifer's knee... It will be all out World War III out there.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I would prefer Burfict lay a legal hit on Heath Miller and make him afraid to come across the middle. Burfict seems to not care about his own health with the way he plays, so use it to his strength.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised it's not more considering Marvin Lewis' track record
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can win, but I'm not going to blame people for thinking a game against the 0-6 Marvin Lewis Bengals is just what the Steelers need to cure their 5-year playoff drought.
Reply/Quote