195 Sataoa Laumea IOL | Utah

234 Brennan Jackson EDGE | Washington State

251 Matthew Hayball P | Vanderbilt
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate that draft
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 07:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't hate that draft

me either, the 1st and 3rd picks are my favorites.. hope those two work out.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: me either, the 1st and 3rd picks are my favorites.. hope those two work out.

Latham just flat out scares me.  Tackles with his weight don't seem to do very well in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Latham just flat out scares me.  Tackles with his weight don't seem to do very well in the NFL.

He moves well at his size and the good thing, NFL teams have a better way of getting players on a weight program if needed and players can take off weight regardless whereas sometimes a player can't add weight..
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 05:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Assumptions
We tag TEE, Hudson and keep Mixon
We sign a FA TE
We don;t sign Williams, Sample
We don;t sign Boyd

18  J.C. Latham OT | Alabama

49 Kalen King CB | Penn State

80 McKinnley Jackson DL | Texas A&M

115 McMillian WR | Washington

147 Jaheim Bell TE | Florida State

174 Jaylan Ford LB | Texas

I am with Hammerstripes on Latham being a bit scary and Bama OL just not being very good in the NFL, but I wouldn't be against
drafting him. I do like Fuaga better, but eh, splitting hairs. Love the Jackson and McMillian picks. Not a bad Draft Essex. Need to have
a Free Agency though with a RT and a DT for me to really like it.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 05:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with Hammerstripes on Latham being a bit scary and Bama OL just not being very good in the NFL, but I wouldn't be against
drafting him. I do like Fuaga better, but eh, splitting hairs. Love the Jackson and McMillian picks. Not a bad Draft Essex. Need to have
a Free Agency though with a RT and a DT for me to really like it.

He also never drafted a RB which is a travesty....Mixon is gonna be gone they're not gonna pay him 8.85 million this year some of you need to wake up.
Reply/Quote
Definitely on board with Hammerstripes and Nate on Latham. Personally, I have a lot of concerns with him. His weight, the fact that Alabama OTs don’t translate well to the NFL, and watching him get exposed against Michigan are all reasons I’d prefer to pass on him.

I am however a big fan of selecting McKinnley Jackson and Jalen McMillan. Would be very happy with those picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 04:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He moves well at his size and the good thing, NFL teams have a better way of getting players on a weight program if needed and players can take off weight regardless whereas sometimes a player can't add weight..

They have had Latham gaining weight since High School and likely wanted him heavy as a College player.

Look at some of his IMG Academy and early College photos. He is much leaner & athletically built.

NFL Teams will likely have him just ease back on the weight gaining diet he was on in College and he should easily 

drop down to 340 to 345 pounds. 

Orlando Brown JR weighed 345 pounds at his Combine and was considered very slow dropping to round 3. 

Orlando was heavily criticized and doubted before, during and after his Draft. Now he is rich.

*JC Latham should get some feed back on this weight issue before the Combine and have a Target weight for his Combine.

Let's see what he weighs at his Combine and how NFL people react to it.

I agree with you that Latham will do just fine in the NFL and play at a lighter weight than he was playing in College.

Burrow should like being Book Ended by Orlando Brown JR and JC Latham.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 05:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Assumptions
We tag TEE, Hudson and keep Mixon
We sign a FA TE
We don;t sign Williams, Sample
We don;t sign Boyd

18  J.C. Latham OT | Alabama

49 Kalen King CB | Penn State

80 McKinnley Jackson DL | Texas A&M

115 McMillian WR | Washington

147 Jaheim Bell TE | Florida State

174 Jaylan Ford LB | Texas

You let Sample go our best blocking TE and you replace him with a small TE with average hands at best and who can't block a lick. And NO RB with Mixon most likely being let go and Travyeon WIlliams a FA as well. This mock needs some work IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 07:17 PM)pulses Wrote: He also never drafted a RB which is a travesty....Mixon is gonna be gone they're not gonna pay him 8.85 million this year some of you need to wake up.

Definitely want a RB in this Draft for sure and I also am finding it likely we cut Mixon this year even if we said the same thing last year
as Mixon mentioned on twitter. That is a lot of money tied up in an older RB with lots of wear and tear, would be good for us to get 
cheaper and younger at the RB position this year and there are lots of options to help us do just that.

(02-15-2024, 08:15 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Definitely on board with Hammerstripes and Nate on Latham. Personally, I have a lot of concerns with him. His weight, the fact that Alabama OTs don’t translate well to the NFL, and watching him get exposed against Michigan are all reasons I’d prefer to pass on him.

I am however a big fan of selecting McKinnley Jackson and Jalen McMillan. Would be very happy with those picks.

Agree on everything WhoDeyK. Cool

(02-16-2024, 02:27 AM)depthchart Wrote: They have had Latham gaining weight since High School and likely wanted him heavy as a College player.

Look at some of his IMG Academy and early College photos. He is much leaner & athletically built.

NFL Teams will likely have him just ease back on the weight gaining diet he was on in College and he should easily 

Orlando Brown JR weighed 345 pounds at his Combine and was considered very slow dropping to round 3. 

Orlando was heavily criticized and doubted before, during and after his Draft. Now he is rich.

*JC Latham should get some feed back on this weight issue before the Combine and have a Target weight for his Combine.

I agree with you that Latham will do just fine in the NFL and play at a lighter weight than he was playing in College.

Good points as usual Depthchart. We could warm up to Latham after the Combine for all we know, but right now it is understandable
to be frightened of a JC Latham pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good points as usual Depthchart. We could warm up to Latham after the Combine for all we know, but right now it is understandable
to be frightened of a JC Latham pick.

I doubt that JC Latham makes it to the Bengals pick at #18, so those that have concerns about him may not 

have to find out just how well he would do as a Bengal.

I personally would run the card up to the table (so to speak) if he was still available.

There appear to be a few other decent options with pick #18 at Right Tackle and then it may become more

developmental & risky options. 

All I care about is the Bengals getting the RT position locked down properly going forward.

No matter who it ends up being, they will have their hands full with the likes of TJ Watt & Myles Garrett in the Division.

Those two guys are going to make it hard for any Bengals RT to look perfect all of the time, so a developmental project type

of guy may turn out ugly.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 04:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: I doubt that JC Latham makes it to the Bengals pick at #18, so those that have concerns about him may not 

have to find out just how well he would do as a Bengal.

I personally would run the card up to the table (so to speak) if he was still available.

There appear to be a few other decent options with pick #18 at Right Tackle and then it may become more

developmental & risky options. 

All I care about is the Bengals getting the RT position locked down properly going forward.

No matter who it ends up being, they will have their hands full with the likes of TJ Watt & Myles Garrett in the Division.

Those two guys are going to make it hard for any Bengals RT to look perfect all of the time, so a developmental project type

of guy may turn out ugly.

Could be right, I just like Fuaga better than Latham, more explosive hands and just looks more physical and is more athletic.

He is smaller of course but size isn't always an indication of a player being a good OL.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right, I just like Fuaga better than Latham, more explosive hands and just looks more physical and is more athletic.

He is smaller of course but size isn't always an indication of a player being a good OL.
I like Fuaga a lot as well and he is a mauler in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:41 PM)pulses Wrote: I like Fuaga a lot as well and he is a mauler in the run game.

Yes he is. Plays nasty as well, when he buries you he embarrasses you. Love this in OL.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right, I just like Fuaga better than Latham, more explosive hands and just looks more physical and is more athletic.

It could easily turn out that both Fuaga and Latham are taken before the Bengals pick.

The pickings may get slimmer than we may like by the time the Bengals pick at #18.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 03:43 AM)pulses Wrote: You let Sample go our best blocking TE and you replace him with a small TE with average hands at best and who can't block a lick. And NO RB with Mixon most likely being let go and Travyeon WIlliams a FA as well. This mock needs some work IMO.

Maybe you missed what I said , my draft is based on  Mixon playing next year as a bengal and signing a quality TE, I understand concren with loss of Sample will hurt some in blocking but we will save some $$ that can fo to a FA TE who still could give use blocking but  more up side in passing game since Sample is a non threat  in passing game. Obviously we are guessing at what bengals will do, also that happens are draft mocks will change some .
Reply/Quote

In my mock Fuaga was gone, my gut is one will be there at 18, this is a good draft in 1st round for high end RTs coming out of college I would not pass are either if one is there at 18.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 02:27 AM)depthchart Wrote: They have had Latham gaining weight since High School and likely wanted him heavy as a College player.

Correct, he made a lot of money, but guys like him that test so poorly very rarely work out at LT for even RT in the NFL.

The knock on this O-line for some time has been their lack of athleticism.  If Latham tests like Brown did, he's an easy pass for me.  But, who knows how he'll look when the combine rolls around.  I was defnitely not impressed with his game against Michigan, so that may scar me a little.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 04:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Correct, he made a lot of money, but guys like him that test so poorly very rarely work out at LT for even RT in the NFL.

The knock on this O-line for some time has been their lack of athleticism.  If Latham tests like Brown did, he's an easy pass for me.  But, who knows how he'll look when the combine rolls around.  I was defnitely not impressed with his game against Michigan, so that may scar me a little.

I expect Latham to test well and weigh in at a good weight at the Combine. If he does not, then I may start to have concern but

testing well likely means that he won't last until the Bengals pick at #18.

The Drama of the last play of the Michigan game may be what is sticking with people the most but it does not concern me.

The Alabama QB was running the ball, the Guard next to Latham pulls away from his man and Latham comes off of his man

sliding far left to engage the Michigan player that was over the Guard. That Michigan player had a good angle on Latham's left shoulder 

so Latham thinks he can hop backwards to get a better angle but when he does the Alabama QB steps into Latham's lower left leg area

just as Latham's feet reset causing Latham to fall backwards since the Michigan defender also re-engages Latham as Latham set his feet.

I think that Latham will be just fine in the NFL but we will all have to wait to find out.
Reply/Quote