Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2-3 AT BYE WEEK
Week 1 was a lousy opening game in The Jungle getting shut out by Baltimore. 4 days later was Week 2 and a closer game with Houston but no touchdowns lost a defensive game low scoring game. ZAMPEZE FIRED. Week 3 Bengals finally scored touchdowns and had lead over Green Bay but AaRon Rodgers brought his team back as he does against everybody. At least the Bengals took a very good Packers team into overtime, but at 0-3 nobody wanted to hear that. Week 4 the Bengals destroyed Cleveland who actually has been playing other teams closer. Yesterday Bengals beat the 3-1 Buffalo Bills in a good hard fought game by both teams. Under Lazor we have 2 wins and a loss in overtime to Aaron Rodgers and Packers. Now Lazor has a bye week to catch up on some things. In 2 weeks they try to reach 3-3 against Pittsburg Steelers. Bengals are 1-1 against AFC North and won their only AFC East game on schedule. Not only will a win over Pittsburg make them 3-3 but also 2-1 against the AFC North in those key division games. This season isn't over and no reason to talk next years draft before World Series. GO BENGALS.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 22nd, 1 PM is Bengals at Steelers. As always, A huge game on the schedule. As Forrest Gregg use to say, " you know going into the season that if you want to win in this division you have to beat the Steelers. "
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You know...if we were 3-2 right now I'd be really happy. At 2-3, I'm less optimistic but feeling better than 0-3 by a lot.

Losing 2 winnable games to the Ravens and Texans will probably come back to haunt us.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...if we were 3-2 right now I'd be really happy. At 2-3, I'm less optimistic but feeling better than 0-3 by a lot.

Losing 2 winnable games to the Ravens and Texans will probably come back to haunt us.

I'm not as optimistic but we are playing well, guys like Kroft are finally showing something, and the division looks wide open because the Browns are the Browns, Ravens weren't that good to begin with and seem to be declining rapidly, and Ben is talking retirement kid-season with their star receiver causing drama and their star RB not having fully come back from holding out.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...if we were 3-2 right now I'd be really happy. At 2-3, I'm less optimistic but feeling better than 0-3 by a lot.

The only AFC team above 3-2 is Kansas City.   This means nobody in the AFC is setting the world on fire and every team besides Chiefs have some huge issues to deal with. Some are facing huge season ending injuries.  Some have no defense. Some have no offense. Only the Chiefs are playing great ball in the AFC.  The AFC is wide open if the Bengals trend of playing a little better each week continues.  At 1-1 in the AFC North, lets not rule out Bengals winning the AFC North and not even needing Wild Card. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ben is talking retirement? LINK PLEASE.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:55 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Ben is talking retirement?  LINK PLEASE.

He said it prior to the year he was thinking about retirement. Then yesterday, he said maybe he no longer has it. I think he was being sarcastic yesterday, but I do think he is going to retire after this year. He wants to spend more time with his kids. I also think his body has taken a pounding and he does not want to live in pain the rest of his life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

His play is doing all the talking.  Just hope when he retires he stays in PA.
Reply/Quote
Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose.

If we're a good team, we'll handle the Steelers. If we don't, we've still got work to do.

Just take it one week at a time.
Reply/Quote
Before the season I thought this team had to make it to the bye at 3-2 to make a solid run after the bye. But with how shaky the AFCN looks and some injuries to our competition, we might still be able to sneak into the playoffs.

All depends on if Lazor can keep the ball rolling. The defense is doing it's job. Our losses have been on our offense's shortcomings so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You know...if we were 3-2 right now I'd be really happy. At 2-3, I'm less optimistic but feeling better than 0-3 by a lot.

What do you mean 'probably'?  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:22 AM)kevin Wrote: The only AFC team above 3-2 is Kansas City.   This means nobody in the AFC is setting the world on fire and every team besides Chiefs have some huge issues to deal with. Some are facing huge season ending injuries.  Some have no defense. Some have no offense. Only the Chiefs are playing great ball in the AFC.  The AFC is wide open if the Bengals trend of playing a little better each week continues.  At 1-1 in the AFC North, lets not rule out Bengals winning the AFC North and not even needing Wild Card. 

Technically not true. Denver is 3-1. That's a better record than 3-2. Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Take bye week and the points
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 10:19 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not as optimistic but we are playing well, guys like Kroft are finally showing something, and the division looks wide open because the Browns are the Browns, Ravens weren't that good to begin with and seem to be declining rapidly, and Ben is talking retirement kid-season with their star receiver causing drama and their star RB not having fully come back from holding out.

The Bengals only have to do one thing:  beat the steelers for the division.  Baltiwhore won't contend.  It is a two team race and I like the Bengal's chances.  I can't wait to unleash those speed rushers on Piggy.  Oh, wait.  They are allowed to hold.  

Nevermind.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
As positive as I feel after the last 3 weeks, it's impossible for me to feel optimistic about our chances against Pittsburgh, with Marv's 7-21 (IIRC) record against them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Good teams find ways to win. Bad teams find ways to lose.

If we're a good team, we'll handle the Steelers. If we don't, we've still got work to do.

Just take it one week at a time.

This is pretty accurate.  I think the steelers might be on a bit of a losing streak and be desperate.  If they lose to the Chiefs next weekend, they will have lost three in a row...

If that happens, the Bengals could be in position to take the lead in the division when they play.

High stakes game, on the road.  I can't wait.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 02:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Before the season I thought this team had to make it to the bye at 3-2 to make a solid run after the bye. But with how shaky the AFCN looks and some injuries to our competition, we might still be able to sneak into the playoffs.

All depends on if Lazor can keep the ball rolling. The defense is doing it's job. Our losses have been on our offense's shortcomings so far.

Sneak in?  This team, with the way the defense is playing and the offense is starting to roll, could be 10-6, win the AFC North, and have a home playoff game.  

The poor start didn't help, but it did pinch of a turd of an OC.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Technically not true. Denver is 3-1. That's a better record than 3-2. Smirk
OK, So Chiefs and Broncos are playing good ball.  That still leaves the rest of the AFC not all that hot and the AFC North is up for grabs by everybody except no win Browns. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Here
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 07:43 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, So Chiefs and Broncos are playing good ball.  That still leaves the rest of the AFC not all that hot and the AFC North is up for grabs by everybody except no win Browns. 

Yep. The division and the wildcard are still very much up for grabs and it seems thus far that the switch to Bill Lazor has helped this offense immensely.
If the Bengals could get John Ross and/or Tyler Eifert back at least for the last half of the season, that would help a lot.
Props to Bill Lazor for actually giving this offense an identity.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes, as for the very first home game it was one of the worst Bengal's games I've ever seen and that includes blowouts from the 90s and early aughts.

I did not see the Texans game at all, but it can't have been much better. The last three games have been night and day though and next week I become a huge Chief's fan. They're already my second-favorite team because I went to high school there and saw a few games at Arrowhead back um, when it was like brand new.

So yeah, the way things look the Bengals still have some time to win quite a few more.
Reply/Quote