Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2/8 Mock with Trades
We trade AJ McCarron to Houston for a 2nd and 3rd.

We trade the 9th pick to Philly for the 15th and a 3rd.

We cut "pacman"

We resign Whit and Dre K. Zeitler walks(my guess Seattle).

Burkhead signs elswhere.

1.Zach Cunningham LB Vandy

2a.Taylor Moton G/T W Michigan

2b.Tarell Basham DE Ohio

3a.Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado

3b.Taywan Taylor WR W Ky

3c.Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

4a.Vincent Taylor DT Ok St

4b.Anthony Walker LB Northwestern

4c.Daeshon Hall DE TAMU

5.John Toth C UK

6a.Zane Gonzalez K Az St

6b.Xavier Woods S La Tech

7.Antonio Pipkin QB Tiffin
Reply/Quote
If we lose both Dre K and Zeitler, this off season is a complete failure.

Growing talent just to ship it off is what losing franchises do.

The draft is alright. I am not a huge fan of trading down because we already have so many picks. We need to be looking for high impact rookies, not depth.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 01:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we lose both Dre K and Zeitler, this off season is a complete failure.

The draft is alright. I am not a huge fan of trading down because we already have so many picks. We need to be looking for high impact rookies, not depth.

He has us keeping whit AND Dre. Not losing Dre. That is also what I think happens, we keep those 2 and lose Zeitler
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 01:30 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He has us keeping whit AND Dre. Not losing Dre. That is also what I think happens, we keep those 2 and lose Zeitler

Oh, I see. 

"We resign Whit and Dre K. Zeitler walks" sounds like we resign Whit...Dre K, Zeitler walk.

That would be okay then.

I would prefer to keep Zeitler though, honestly Sad.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 01:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we lose both Dre K and Zeitler, this off season is a complete failure.

Not necessarily, unless we lose both and don't replace them with a free agent of equal caliber. Dre K is ok, but he can be replaced either via in-house, the draft, or free agency, however Zeitler is our best lineman and we should do everything we can to keep him, but I believe they drafted Westerman for a reason and my guess is priority will land on Whit as he plays a more premium position and both 2nd yr tackles have yet to grab hold of the starting positions.  

BTW, Pulses, good draft!
Reply/Quote
I think our likely 11 picks was going to be a lot but added two more seems ridiculous. I just don't see the roster openings for that many players. Yeah we had a bad season but we need to add quality not quantity in this draft. I would be looking for trading up and possibly even trading for a vet or two with some of the picks/McCarron and then makings sure I hit on ready made talent with the high round picks we already have.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 10:01 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think our likely 11 picks was going to be a lot but added two more seems ridiculous. I just don't see the roster openings for that many players. Yeah we had a bad season but we need to add quality not quantity in this draft. I would be looking for trading up and possibly even trading for a vet or two with some of the picks/McCarron and then makings sure I hit on ready made talent with the high round picks we already have.

We need more players than most want to admit....I could see 10 of those draft picks making the team.
Reply/Quote
Don't really care for this mock at all. We don't have a roster that can accommodate all these picks and you took two subpar guys in what may be the best top 50 draft in recent memory. I would take the BPA at 9 rather than move back for a 3rd round pick. to move up from 15 to 9 you could probably get a 2nd and a 3rd if not a 2nd and a 4th. This draft has some real superstars in it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 07:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: Don't really care for this mock at all.  We don't have a roster that can accommodate all these picks and you took two subpar guys in what may be the best top 50 draft in recent memory.  I would take the BPA at 9 rather than move back for a 3rd round pick.  to move up from 15 to 9 you could probably get a 2nd and a 3rd if not a 2nd and a 4th.  This draft has some real superstars in it.

That's definitely your opinion.....and which did u think were the 2 subpar guys? These were all based off of cbs rankings.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 01:16 AM)pulses Wrote: We trade AJ McCarron to Houston for a 2nd and 3rd.

We trade the 9th pick to Philly for the 15th and a 3rd.

We cut "pacman"

We resign Whit and Dre K. Zeitler walks(my guess Seattle).

Burkhead signs elswhere.

1.Zach Cunningham LB Vandy

2a.Taylor Moton G/T  W Michigan

2b.Tarell Basham DE Ohio

3a.Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado

3b.Taywan Taylor WR  W Ky

3c.Kareem Hunt RB Toledo

4a.Vincent Taylor DT  Ok St

4b.Anthony Walker LB Northwestern

4c.Daeshon Hall DE TAMU

5.John Toth C UK

6a.Zane Gonzalez K Az St

6b.Xavier Woods S La Tech

7.Antonio Pipkin QB Tiffin
I like it although the moton pick is a major reach that high. I think we should take either demarcus Walker or tanoh kpassagnon with that pick. 
Reply/Quote
Why drop from 9 with Reuben to get a 3rd round pick and Cunningham? If you really want an OLB the draft is full of guys you can convert. even a guy like Haason Reddick or even a guy like vince beigel later in the draft. I'm not even saying you need Reuben at 9, but a top 10 pick is really a rarity especially in a draft like this that is so top heavy with talent. The one that has me befuddled is Taylor Moton in the 2nd. Your better off bringing back Andre Smith on the cheap and using Westerman or cedric ogbuehi. Heck you could even draft a guy like Ethan Pocic in the 2nd or 3rd ( if you get another pick ) and use him in any of the 3 positions.

I'm also not a fan of Bashem. I don't understand why he's on the rise on some of these boards the guy is easily a 3rd or 4th round in my book. I think the first round will have a run on edge rushers and then there is a huge falloff. A lot of the better mid round Edge guys are 3-4 OLB and im not a huge fan of a lot of the 4-3 ends. I could really see this being a year where we make a play for a Edge guy in Free agency. They may see this as marvin lewis's last stand and give him a guy like Jason Pierre-Paul or get a cheaper option in Jabaal Sheard. Sheard actually plays better in a 4-3 like he did in cleveland and would be a good speed option for us.

I do like Taywan Taylor, but I think its more likely we see a guy drafted like Tre'Davious White in the 2nd round with a team like the Bengals who values Corners at higher picks. That said Awuzie is a decent pick tho.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 08:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I like it although the moton pick is a major reach that high. I think we should take either demarcus Walker or tanoh kpassagnon with that pick. 

tanoh kpassagnon over bashem for sure.  He will start moving up that board after testing

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 08:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I like it although the moton pick is a major reach that high. I think we should take either demarcus Walker or tanoh kpassagnon with that pick. 

CBS currently has moton as the 52nd rated player and a solid 2nd round pick. And NO WAY do we need another project that high in the draft with Kpassagnon.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 09:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: Why drop from 9 with Reuben to get a 3rd round pick and Cunningham?  If you really want an OLB the draft is full of guys you can convert.  even a guy like Haason Reddick or even a guy like vince beigel later in the draft.  I'm not even saying you need Reuben at 9, but a top 10 pick is really a rarity especially in a draft like this that is so top heavy with talent.  The one that has me befuddled is Taylor Moton in the 2nd.  Your better off bringing back Andre Smith on the cheap and using Westerman or cedric ogbuehi.  Heck you could even draft a guy like Ethan Pocic in the 2nd or 3rd ( if you get another pick ) and use him in any of the 3 positions.

I'm also not a fan of Bashem.  I don't understand why he's on the rise on some of these boards the guy is easily a 3rd or 4th round in my book.  I think the first round will have a run on edge rushers and then there is a huge falloff.  A lot of the better mid round Edge guys are 3-4 OLB and im not a huge fan of a lot of the 4-3 ends.  I could really see this being a year where we make a play for a Edge guy in Free agency.  They may see this as marvin lewis's last stand and give him a guy like Jason Pierre-Paul or get a cheaper option in Jabaal Sheard.  Sheard actually plays better in a 4-3 like he did in cleveland and would be a good speed option for us.  

I do like Taywan Taylor, but I think its more likely we see a guy drafted like Tre'Davious White in the 2nd round with a team like the Bengals who values Corners at higher picks.  That said Awuzie is a decent pick tho.

Taywan Taylor is the type of WR this needs..someone who can take the top off the defense....we wouldn't need White since I had us taking Awuzie anyways. I'm pretty sure we'll draft a WR within the top 3 or 4 rounds. Might as well get the type we need.
Reply/Quote

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/01/25/wmu-ot-taylor-moton-draws-interest-from-eagles-giants-at-senior-bowl/

Moton was taking care of all the rushers at the senior bowl....can play multiple positions.....which we definitely like.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 09:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: Why drop from 9 with Reuben to get a 3rd round pick and Cunningham? If you really want an OLB the draft is full of guys you can convert. even a guy like Haason Reddick or even a guy like vince beigel later in the draft. I'm not even saying you need Reuben at 9, but a top 10 pick is really a rarity especially in a draft like this that is so top heavy with talent. The one that has me befuddled is Taylor Moton in the 2nd. Your better off bringing back Andre Smith on the cheap and using Westerman or cedric ogbuehi. Heck you could even draft a guy like Ethan Pocic in the 2nd or 3rd ( if you get another pick ) and use him in any of the 3 positions.

I'm also not a fan of Bashem. I don't understand why he's on the rise on some of these boards the guy is easily a 3rd or 4th round in my book. I think the first round will have a run on edge rushers and then there is a huge falloff. A lot of the better mid round Edge guys are 3-4 OLB and im not a huge fan of a lot of the 4-3 ends. I could really see this being a year where we make a play for a Edge guy in Free agency. They may see this as marvin lewis's last stand and give him a guy like Jason Pierre-Paul or get a cheaper option in Jabaal Sheard. Sheard actually plays better in a 4-3 like he did in cleveland and would be a good speed option for us.

I do like Taywan Taylor, but I think its more likely we see a guy drafted like Tre'Davious White in the 2nd round with a team like the Bengals who values Corners at higher picks. That said Awuzie is a decent pick tho.
The reason bashem is on rise is he was great at senior bowl every day he was steadily great. As far as jpp no way we get him he wants 85 million plus.
(02-09-2017, 11:24 PM)pulses Wrote: CBS currently has moton as the 52nd rated player and a solid 2nd round pick. And NO WAY do we need another project that high in the draft with Kpassagnon.

Kpassagnon just lacks run tequnique. He is elite as a pass rusher as showcased when he destroyed every olineman put in front of him at senior bowl. He is way less of a project than moton. I like moton as a project but as a 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 02:16 AM)Jpoore Wrote: The reason bashem is on rise is he was great at senior bowl every day he was steadily great. As far as jpp no way we get him he wants 85 million plus.

Kpassagnon just lacks run tequnique. He is elite as a pass rusher as showcased when he destroyed every olineman put in front of him at senior bowl. He is way less of a project than moton. I like moton as a project but as a 4th round pick.

well obviously the experts disagree with you on Moton clearly.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 03:29 AM)pulses Wrote: well obviously the experts disagree with you on Moton clearly.

Walter football has him as 3-4 round.  he's the 6th or 70th best tackle and the 5th or 6th best guard. That's not second round talent. 
Reply/Quote
Not a fan at all. I don't see the logic in moving down and picking up Cunningham. If you want a linebacker, stay put and grab Foster.

That being said, I don't want a linebacker in round 1, we need a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 07:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: Don't really care for this mock at all.  We don't have a roster that can accommodate all these picks and you took two subpar guys in what may be the best top 50 draft in recent memory.  I would take the BPA at 9 rather than move back for a 3rd round pick.  to move up from 15 to 9 you could probably get a 2nd and a 3rd if not a 2nd and a 4th.  This draft has some real superstars in it.

According to the NFL trade value chart, the value for pick #9 = 1350. The value for #15 = 1050. The 2nd round equivalent to 15 = 430. Therefore, the team trading up would be giving up "too much" if it gave up the 2nd rounder too, but "not enough" if it gave up the 3rd rounder (1350 for 1480).

A near-identical match would be the Bengals #9 (1350 pts) for the Eagles #15 (1050 pts) plus their 3rd (195 pts), 4th (72 pts), and 5th (34.5 pts) = 1351.5.

This is obviously assuming teams are going directly by this trade value chart, which is really just a guideline. If a team really wants someone such that they're willing to trade up, they likely will offer a higher value than the trade value chart dictates.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote