Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 first round draft picks? Possibly.
(12-19-2016, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully no offense is taken, but it seems like OP is biased towards Ohio St likely because that's what OP has watched the most.

Elflein and McMillan are both solid players, don't get me wrong. But neither has really ever exhibited game changing ability.

Elflein may very well be a first rounder, but definitely not early enough to be picked in the top half of the draft. He's a mid-20's pick at best. However, it's also very possible Elflein is available in the early second round, as he does have his flaws and isn't that much better than Pocic.

McMillan is consistently graded as a second rounder. In fact, he is very similar to Kendell Beckwith in terms of skill set and production. Beckwith is projected for rounds 2-3.
Neither Beckwith nor McMillan has shown to be worth selecting over Foster or Cunningham.
You seem to value PFF's opinion, so here's an article from PFF claiming Foster is the best, most complete LB in college football.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-reuben-foster-is-the-best-most-complete-lb-alabama-crimson-tide/
They also have Foster as the first ILB taken at pick #8 in their latest mock draft from just 6 days ago, followed by Cunningham at #20.
Foster definitely seems to make more impactful plays than McMillan from the games I've watched on both of them, and he seems faster on the field.
Cunningham is a tackling machine, having over 200 combined tackles and 30 TFLs over the past two seasons. He's also rated as one of the top LBs in coverage, expected to be better than Foster, McMillan, and Beckwith in this area for ILB.
u are right that I watch pay but I generally watch the entire big ten conference for the most part. I have watched players like foster and beckwith and do feel like McMillan is the better lb. Everyone has differences of opinion. As I've said before elflien will be picked where Martin was picked last year. I am very high on him and as a Jeremy hill supporter getting elflien would make hill a top 8 back just running ISO up the middle. He is easily a significant upgrade over bodine. I watch conferences in general not specific teams, though a tad biased for osu
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:25 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No was saying that when we were at 8 we could trade down to 16 then trade up into late 20s but that's shot now that we're gonna end up at around 16 

My question is what are the Bengals trading to move back into the late 20s?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:25 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No was saying that when we were at 8 we could trade down to 16 then trade up into late 20s but that's shot now that we're gonna end up at around 16 

Trust me, we are still going to end up in the 7-10 range.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My question is what are the Bengals trading to move back into the late 20s?

Well to trade down we would have gotten quite a good haul so take ur pick. If a team is sitting there at 16 and wants number 8 will they trade a first second and a third? whatever u get u could have used that as trade bate to move back up. but where we are probably gonna be drafting, it's not gonna happen now.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:43 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Trust me, we are still going to end up in the 7-10 range.

I don't think so. I think with aj back we will win our last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:06 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Well to trade down we would have gotten quite a good haul so take ur pick. If a team is sitting there at 16 and wants number 8 will they trade a first second and a third? whatever u get u could have used that as trade bate to move back up. but where we are probably gonna be drafting, it's not gonna happen now.

Will a team trade #16, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up eight spots to #8?  No. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 08:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Will a team trade #16, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up eight spots to #8?  No. 

Eagles gave up a lot more to move up 6
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 08:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Will a team trade #16, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up eight spots to #8?  No. 

Only if they're moving up for a QB, and in that case, we should be trying to trade McCarron to them instead of trading back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 11:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Only if they're moving up for a QB, and in that case, we should be trying to trade McCarron to them instead of trading back.

Dont really understand why people think mccarron is gonna be traded. Nobody is gonna take a 1 year qb except super bowl aspirations with injury ala vikings. Most qb needy teams will just wait 1 year then pick him up in fa. And i was basing it off of  if someone was gonna move up for tribisky or watson.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 11:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Dont really understand why people think mccarron is gonna be traded. Nobody is gonna take a 1 year qb except super bowl aspirations with injury ala vikings. Most qb needy teams will just wait 1 year then pick him up in fa. And i was basing it off of  if someone was gonna move up for tribisky or watson.

Because QB's are at a premium in the NFL and if you wait for him to become a FA, you risk losing out on him after the price gets driven through the roof.  Plus, lots of head coaches may not get another year if they don't turn it around and don't want to roll the dice starting a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 12:13 AM)Whatever Wrote: Because QB's are at a premium in the NFL and if you wait for him to become a FA, you risk losing out on him after the price gets driven through the roof.  Plus, lots of head coaches may not get another year if they don't turn it around and don't want to roll the dice starting a rookie.

I get that but are u really gonna waste a 2nd round draft pick on what may be a 1 year qb if ur not able to retain him before he hits fa
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 12:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I get that but are u really gonna waste a 2nd round draft pick on what may be a 1 year qb if ur not able to retain him before he hits fa

In such cases,the team trading for him can be given permission to work out a contract agreement before the trade is completed.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 10:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF you want to get Elflein, then move up in the 2nd round to get him.

IF we are drafting in the top 10, we need to use that to get an impact player.  As others have said, we have plenty of picks this year and the comp picks can be traded.  There's no reason to move down unless we get a king's ransom to do so.

Right.  Defensive.  End.

There are likely to be three of them go in the first half of round 1...any would be a HUGE upgrade over the leaning tree, MJ.  There is no way we slide and miss one of them.  Round 2 move up to get the Center?  Maybe, but no way do I miss the RDE.  
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right.  Defensive.  End.

There are likely to be three of them go in the first half of round 1...any would be a HUGE upgrade over the leaning tree, MJ.  There is no way we slide and miss one of them.  Round 2 move up to get the Center?  Maybe, but no way do I miss the RDE.  

Or even a guy like Tim Williams at SAM.  ANYBODY that can rush the passer
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 12:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: In such cases,the team trading for him can be given permission to work out a contract agreement before the trade is completed.
Did not realize that. In that case u are correct we should try to deal him. Some teams may be hesitant though after the whole osweiler fiasco.

I think we definitely need one I was watching mj the whole steelers game and he always goes 3 yards behind the wheel then comes up he had a bunch of lanes going inside but always went way too far outside.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 07:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Or even a guy like Tim Williams at SAM.  ANYBODY that can rush the passer

I think a true RDE is what the 4-3 needs...that can create pressure on any passing play, not just on 3rd down and long.  Plus I think this guy had a bad arrest.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 08:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I think we definitely need one I was watching mj the whole steelers game and he always goes 3 yards behind the wheel then comes up he had a bunch of lanes going inside but always went way too far outside.

He is a one-trick pony and his one trick doesn't work.
Reply/Quote

:andy:
Reply/Quote

Who would be the 3 RDE's that go in the top of the 1st?  Allen is a perfect LDE with his size and run stuffing ability.  Many are projecting Barnett as a LDE, as well, because he lacks the explosive get off needed to challenge most NFL LT's.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 05:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: Who would be the 3 RDE's that go in the top of the 1st?  Allen is a perfect LDE with his size and run stuffing ability.  Many are projecting Barnett as a LDE, as well, because he lacks the explosive get off needed to challenge most NFL LT's.

Move Dunlap to RDE then and draft Barnett for our LDE...
Reply/Quote