Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2005 all over again
Wow this mirrors 2005....you have a hot Bengals team looking like superbowl contenders lose their starting QB again (strangely enough much earlier but against the same team) and you have the steelers facing us at PBS in the wild card....You can't make this crap up
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Dalton put himself in a position to be injured.

Just figures it had to be against this ***** team at the worst ***** time.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wow this mirrors 2005....you have a hot Bengals team looking like superbowl contenders lose their starting QB again (strangely enough much earlier but against the same team) and you have the steelers facing us at PBS in the wild card....You can't make this crap up

05 team didnt have a D, and the 05 QB didnt hurt himself.
Reply/Quote
It's not exactly like 2005 but there are some weird similarities
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
and this time we gather our heads and whoop their asses
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In 2005 there was a fist fight at halftime after Carson went down . This time the team rallied around AJM.

Not even close to being like 2005. Everyone makes out that the steelers are in the bengals heads. The only heads the steelers are in are heads of bengals fans who continue to give them the power. The team is fine and they aren't worried in the slightest, now some fans here are obviously scared and that's fine. The world needs cowards I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: Wow this mirrors 2005....you have a hot Bengals team looking like superbowl contenders lose their starting QB again (strangely enough much earlier but against the same team) and you have the steelers facing us at PBS in the wild card....You can't make this crap up

It's the Bengals. Yes you can.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: 05 team didnt have a D, and the 05 QB didnt hurt himself.

'05 D was a turnover machine. I'd take the current one though.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All of that work, for a home game against the only team that owns us at home.

-Bengals

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In 2005 there was a fist fight at halftime after Carson went down .  This time the team rallied around AJM.  

Not even close to being like 2005.  Everyone makes out that the steelers are in the bengals heads.  The only heads the steelers are in are heads of bengals fans who continue to give them the power.     The team is fine and they aren't worried in the slightest, now some fans here are obviously scared and that's fine.   The world needs cowards I guess.

REP
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: In 2005 there was a fist fight at halftime after Carson went down .  This time the team rallied around AJM.  

Not even close to being like 2005.  Everyone makes out that the steelers are in the bengals heads.  The only heads the steelers are in are heads of bengals fans who continue to give them the power.     The team is fine and they aren't worried in the slightest, now some fans here are obviously scared and that's fine.   The world needs cowards I guess.

The Cincinnati Bengals have only won twice at home in Cincinnati since Lewis has been coaching here in 2003!!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fans, I mean c'mon are you effing serious.

The fans have not gone 2-14 at home against the Stoolers since 2003

2-11 regular season and 0-1 in playoffs

The fans have not gone 8-19 against the Stoolers since 2003.

I get your point's about optimism and all that, but there is a fine line between optimism and insanity!!!! Fans are not players or coaches, their attitudes have nothing to do with effecting a team's performance.

SOOOO given those results against Pittsburgh with a Marvin Lewis coached Bengals and an 0-6 lifetime playoff record, if you were not a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals just an unbiased person and had to place a bet with all your money and property on the line, who would you pick in the game????

(ask yourself that realistically)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have only won twice at home in Cincinnati since Lewis has been coaching here in 2003!!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fans, I mean c'mon are you effing serious.

I get your point's about optimism and all that, but there is a fine line between optimism and insanity!!!! Fans are not players or coaches, their attitudes have nothing to do with effecting a team's performance.

SOOOO given those results against Pittsburgh with a Marvin Lewis coached Bengals and an 0-6 lifetime playoff record, if you were not a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals just an unbiased person and had to place a bet with all your money and property on the line, who would you pick in the game????

Yup. Fans and their opinions/feelings don't mean jack schitt. Players make plays on the field or they don't.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have only won twice at home in Cincinnati since Lewis has been coaching here in 2003!!!!

Bravo! Which is why Vegas has us as an early 3 point dog. 12-4, division champs, at home...and you're the underdog. Tells you all you need to know.
Reply/Quote

But can we win?
Reply/Quote

Well I wouldn't be betting my livlihood on a football game to begin with. But you always bet on the better team. Which we are.:.... The past playoffs have zero to do with this team.

Mo Sanu, greg little, and Rex Burkhead lining up as the top 3 WR have nothing to do with this game. Not sure why the go to move is point out a thing that has zero to do with what's going on.

This team is 1-1 and the loss happened when they were without Eifert, Andy, Illoka, Pacman.... Now we have 3 of those 4 back and don't turn it over .... should we not be fine?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:34 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: But can we win?

I posted the results, you tell me!! Giggles has beat them twice in Cincinnati in 13 years and never won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
I trust this team much more than 05 team. This team is much smarter and more mature than that one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:34 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Bravo! Which is why Vegas has us as an early 3 point dog. 12-4, division champs, at home...and you're the underdog. Tells you all you need to know.

Haha if that's even remotely true then point me where those odds are and I will happily bet that one
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: To be fair, Dalton put himself in a position to be injured.

Just figures it had to be against this ***** team at the worst ***** time.

He put himself in no more of a position to be injured than every other player on every other team in every other game does.  It was a freak injury that doesn't happen on a tackle 9999 out of 10000 times.  Shit happens.  It's a good thing McCarron has stepped in and led this team to a winning record since then.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I agree, there are similarities. Exactly 10 years later. Star QB having a breakout season, gets injured against the Steelers. Bengals fade down the stretch and draw the Steelers in the WC round in Cincy. Many of our coaches are the same. Hue was here back then. We scored 419 points this year, 421 in 2005.

I'd rather have our QB go down in week 12 than in the playoffs though. At least McCarron got some experience under his belt and won't be coming in cold like Kitna.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote