Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2005 all over again
(01-04-2016, 02:44 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Billy --- Right now, the Bengals are 2.5 point UNDERDOGS. So more money on the Squealers will, as you correctly point out, force the oddsmakers give the Bengals more points, therefore driving the line closer to even.

Maybe I'm misreading you PV, but right now the Bengals are getting 2.5 points. If Squealer homers eat that up then the Bengals will get more points like 4 or 5. This going away from even, not towards it. The line would be something like Steelers -5
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:34 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Bravo! Which is why Vegas has us as an early 3 point dog. 12-4, division champs, at home...and you're the underdog. Tells you all you need to know.

Vegas makes money on the juice and really does not care who wins the game. Their job is to generate the most action and this will do it. Vegas is wrong as much as they are correct with winners and point spreads.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Vegas makes money on the juice and really does not care who wins the game. Their job is to generate the most action and this will do it. Vegas is wrong as much as they are correct with winners and point spreads.

Agreed, people get all offended by the point spread.  The line is not a prediction of the result, it's a prediction of how people will bet.  A 'public' team like the Steelers will usually get more action on their side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:47 PM)bonesaw Wrote: and this time we gather our heads and whoop their asses

Yeah Bonesaw, this is what i am talkin about.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 03:45 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Oh you are calling people cowards now? Wow! I thought you were a reasonably senseable person from the gameday threads, but now I know!!

You wan't to know who are cowards? Cowards are people that, when presented with clear, convincing, and factual evidence of wrong doing or failure, REMAIN SILENT and DO NOTHING just "hope for the best." People like that are how oppression in life is allowed to succeed, "Oh..don't worry these bad things won't happen again," or "You are so negative, how can things change without you being positive about a bad situation?" Change comes when change is forced! Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

The insanity of the Bengals organization is Marvin Lewis's 13 year career of failure against Pittsburg and in the playoffs. In 13 years, the time it takes a child to go from Kindergarten to Elementary school and Middle school through High School Graduation, Marvin Lewis's led Bengals have only beat Pittsburgh at home twice, two times, two days!!!! Can you not comprehend that???

The insanity of the Bengals with Marvin Lewis is expecting to win a playoff game when with mainly the same group of players they have lost the last four years straight! That's right in 4 years, an Olympiad, a U.S. President's term of office, the amount of time it takes to go through college and get a Bachelors degree, ZERO playoff wins in FOUR consecutive appearances!!! Marvin Lewis's Bengals have NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME 0-6!!! Can you not comprehend that???

While your attack on so-called "realist," may have merit on the negativity aspect, "realist" and speakers of the truth are certainly not cowards!!! Who are we scared of? You?? The Stoolers??? The Bengals Organization????

Normally I would wait until after the playoff loss to go on these tangets, and yes it is probably way to negative before the game is even played. What has me pissed off, especially right now is; this was an exceptional season by the Bengals and with a bye week on the line to give your starting QB an extra week to heal his thumb injury, and a 14-3 halftime lead against the Broncos for those things to happen, I see Marvin's conservative game strategy that resulted in all those previous failures get fully employed in the second half resulting in the biggest regular season loss in the last 25 years!!! Now they get no bye, perhaps not their starting QB back, and face a team he has beat only 15% percent of the time in his own stadium!!!!
Insanity is fans that blindly support in light of these clear failures!! Insanity is you!!!  Ninja Rock On

I called no one a coward. I am just able to seperate this team from past teams. Yes having AJM will make it harder .... But being healthy all over and them being hurt does make a difference. Plus heck they are struggling to win a playoff game as well?
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Bengals/Steelers started as a "pick em".

Overwhelming action on the Steelers forced Vegas to switch the Steelers to 2.5 point favorites.

Judging by those odds (started as a pick em, now 2.5 point spread), it looks like Vegas thinks the game could go either way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Bengals/Steelers started as a "pick em".

Overwhelming action on the Steelers forced Vegas to switch the Steelers to 2.5 point favorites.

Judging by those odds (started as a pick em, now 2.5 point spread), it looks like Vegas thinks the game could go either way.

I agree.  The game could go either way.  I expect to be on an emotional roller coaster all game long.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals have only won twice at home in Cincinnati since Lewis has been coaching here in 2003!!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fans, I mean c'mon are you effing serious.

The fans have not gone 2-14 at home against the Stoolers since 2003

2-11 regular season and 0-1 in playoffs

The fans have not gone 8-19 against the Stoolers since 2003.

I get your point's about optimism and all that, but there is a fine line between optimism and insanity!!!! Fans are not players or coaches, their attitudes have nothing to do with effecting a team's performance.

SOOOO given those results against Pittsburgh with a Marvin Lewis coached Bengals and an 0-6 lifetime playoff record, if you were not a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals just an unbiased person and had to place a bet with all your money and property on the line, who would you pick in the game????

(ask yourself that realistically)

THIS
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I called no one a coward

Yes you did.  Multiple times. I'm glad someone found the words to put you in your place.  Insanity is a good adjective.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:29 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Some might call it being a realist, until proven otherwise.

Then the Ravens should have realized they couldn't beat the Steelers with their 4th QB, starting receiver, and starting RB out, huh?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote