Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What were the Steelers fines, suspensions?
(01-14-2016, 09:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What suspensions? What fines? NFL wants them in the playoffs and that's that. Rules be damned.

As evidenced by the Jets just having to beat a 7-8 Buffalo team to get into the playoffs. Yet low and behold, the Jets lose to an inferior team such that that mighty Steelers can have a chance to add to their trophy case.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
the only thing we know for sure is that if Burfict had made that hit it would have been a penalty and fine.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
None?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:15 PM)Benton Wrote: None?

Correct

Porter might get fined... But no fines have been issued yet that ive seen
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Steelers won't get fined and that's ok. They know next time they want war they've got one. Wins/Loss aside. They'll think twice.

Not as long as Marv is still coach. No fire.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Correct

Porter might get fined... But no fines have been issued yet that ive seen

Not even to Munchak? I heard that he was "facing" a probable fine, but I haven't seen any official word.

What a crock of shit. They sure were quick to suspend Burfict, but that was probably due to the media firestorm.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:58 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Not as long as Marv is still coach. No fire.

I'm all for criticizing Marv when it's warranted, but I think they showed plenty of fire on Saturday...for a change.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
NFL/Steelers fans/Media logic:

Leading with the shoulder = dirty

Leading with the crown of the helmet = unfortunate
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
NFL = No Faith League
Absolute disgrace that nobody has been fined or suspended. Total crock
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm all for criticizing Marv when it's warranted, but I think they showed plenty of fire on Saturday...for a change.

Yep and without starting QB. 

Think we hand it to the steelers if Dalton plays. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 02:41 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: NFL = No Faith League
Absolute disgrace that nobody has been fined or suspended. Total crock

It is unfreakin believable to me. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well, so far Bell has been suspended for 11 weeks, Brown has been suspended for a week, and I hear Ben might be suspended for a week (still questionable) - but Steeler suspensions are not too often decided by 'The NFL' but by The Cincinnati Bengals.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's a question. Remember the Saints situation rewarding thug like activity? They got in hot water over it!

Does anyone here think a Mike Tomlin is above that kind of stuff?

(01-15-2016, 12:01 PM)bengals73 Wrote: It's a fact- it's not talked about it's there

I am not convinced Tomlin has control of that team. I think Ben has more control/respect.
A lost of fans see Tomlin as a follower due to his moronic attitude.

To the original post, Welcome to small markets.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:30 AM)pally Wrote: Insult to injury

pft

Ryan Shazier says he wasn’t fined for hit on Giovani Bernard

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 15, 2016, 6:28 AM EST
[Image: 504260426-e1452857292842.jpg?w=218]

Getty Images

Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier delivered a brutal helmet-to-helmet hit that gave Bengals running back Giovani Bernard a concussion on Saturday night. But while it was brutal, it was also legal.
Shazier told reporters he hasn’t received a fine notice from the NFL.
Not yet,” Shazier said. “I hope not. I felt like it was a clean hit. I’m not out here trying to hurt anyone. I’m just out here trying to play football.”
The NFL informs players by Wednesday if they’re fined, so if Shazier hasn’t heard yet, that means he’s not getting fined. And that’s because the hit was not a foul. Hits with the crown of the helmet are only illegal under certain defined circumstances, and Shazier’s hit didn’t qualify as illegal. Brutal, yes. Illegal, no.
In fact, it’s really the Steelers who have a right to complain about the call on that play: Bernard fumbled and Shazier picked up the ball and had a clear path to the end zone for a touchdown, but the officials wrongly blew the play dead.
Shazier, for his part, isn’t complaining. He says he’s glad he wasn’t fined and glad it sounds like Bernard will be OK.

Just means the Bengals need to slam the crown of their helmet into Bell's jaw/face the first time they meet in 2016. It's cool, just hard nose football and an unfortunate hit, not dirty or a penalty.

Keep doing it to the Steelers until they call a penalty on sheer reaction and then have the jumbo screen play the Giovani Bernard hit and then video clips of every NFL "expert" who said it's not a penalty.

....not that I am angry or anything over this horseshit bias the NFL has or anything.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapport just posted that there were a couple Steeler slaps on the wrist. Porter and Munchak got $10,000 each. Another Steeler player got 17,000 for unnecessary roughness, and it wasn't Shazier. Adam Jones got 28,000, and Peko and Gilberry got 8,000 each.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Ian Rapport just posted that there were a couple Steeler slaps on the wrist.  Porter and Munchak got $10,000 each.  Another Steeler player got 17,000 for unnecessary roughness, and it wasn't Shazier.  Adam Jones got 28,000, and Peko and Gilberry got 8,000 each.

So the going rate for a coach interfering with a game or attacking players is 10k.

What recently retired hard hitting linebackers or safeties are interested in a coaching opportunity with the Bengals? Each position comes with a 10k bonus on top of the normal pay. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So the going rate for a coach interfering with a game or attacking players is 10k.

What recently retired hard hitting linebackers or safeties are interested in a coaching opportunity with the Bengals? Each position comes with a 10k bonus on top of the normal pay. Ninja

Brilliant, we hire them for a game and have them do some shit like the steelers then we'll apologize, fire them, hire someone new to do the same thing. Rise and repeat. Never more than a $10k fine because it'll always be their first offense  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 05:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So the going rate for a coach interfering with a game or attacking players is 10k.

(01-15-2016, 05:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Brilliant, we hire them for a game and have them do some shit like the steelers then we'll apologize, fire them, hire someone new to do the same thing. Rise and repeat. Never more than a $10k fine because it'll always be their first offense  Rock On

I like the thought process here. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote