Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Bengals Bold Predictions
(09-03-2015, 04:00 PM)86AD Wrote: Bold Prediction - Marvin Lewis will yell at someone after a bad play

I got 2...

Marvin losses his temper at a bone headed call by the ref and gets ejected from 1 game.

Also Bengals Win the golden superbowl. Score of 23-21 on a last second field goal from 55 yards by nugent.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 02:19 PM)xavierdude Wrote: wow fred ..you ever wondered how pitiful your life is when at your age u sit on message boards every day analyzing the various posters..  I mean not only you are an extremely immature person at almost 60 years of age..but your life must be rather pitiful..

ban away Wink

You were the one who "analyzed" me and commented on my post.

Does that make you even more immature and pitiful than me?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I got 2...

Marvin losses his temper at a bone headed call by the ref and gets ejected from 1 game.

Also Bengals Win the golden superbowl.   Score of 23-21 on a last second field goal from 55 yards by nugent.

If that ever happened, I fear my heart would explode waiting for the kick.  I'd have a war in my head between the made 57 yarder and the missed 36 yarder and my heart would not be able to take it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:45 PM)McC Wrote: If that ever happened, I fear my heart would explode waiting for the kick.  I'd have a war in my head between the made 57 yarder and the missed 36 yarder and my heart would not be able to take it.

The headlines would read... 50% of bengals fans suffer heart attack awaiting nugents game winning kick.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The headlines would read... 50% of bengals fans suffer heart attack awaiting nugents game winning kick.

9-1-1 would overload.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The headlines would read... 50% of bengals fans suffer heart attack awaiting nugents game winning kick.

As long as I live long enough to see the ball go through the uprights...

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Here are my bold predictions for the Bengals 2015 season.

The defense will be ranked 7th or better
The defense will get 42 or more sacks
The defense will have over 20 INTs
The offense will be a top 5 unit
A.J. Green will have at least +1600 yards and 14 TDs
Tyler Eifert will have over 1000 yards and 10 TDs
The Bengals offense will have at least 6 people with 400 or more receiving yards
Andy Dalton will throw for over 4400 yards and 35 TDs
Andy Dalton will have 11 or less INTs
Jeremy Hill will have 1600 all purpose yards, and 13 total TDs
Gio Bernard will have 1000 all purpose yards and 8 total TDs
The Bengals only lose 1 division game
The Bengals get a first round bye in the playoffs
The Bengals will go to the Super Bowl

what are your bold predictions?

It's still funny to read this.  Brownshoe's 2015 bold Bengals prediction?  The best NFL team of all time!!!!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is my bold prediction for the season.

We got 4-4 in our first 8 games. In the 8th Game Andy Dalton will go down a season ending pinky injury. Three Dalton nutthuggers will burst into flames from spontaneous combustion. AJ McCarron will Bring back the team like a phoenix rising from the Ashes and lead us to our first Superbowl Victory. After the season ends it will be exposed that Hugh Jackson had actually spiked Dalton's Gatorade to cause the injury and Dalton's Wife and Mom are both Pregnant with AJ McCarron's Baby. Goodell will call for Hugh Jackson to be removed from NFL, but it will be over turned in court. AJ Hawk Will also win a celebrity golf tournament and Marvin Lewis will retire to become the new GM of the Bengals!

WHODEY!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: As long as I live long enough to see the ball go through the uprights...

OK you win as the best Bengals fan of all time

Well done Sir!

And I hope you survive it as we all need more than seconds to celebrate, we need years, we deserve years
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: As long as I live long enough to see the ball go through the uprights...

AND ITS BLOCKED because Wilder Jr. Misses a blocking assignment that Peerman would have picked up.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals go on an absolute tear, to finish a perfect 16-0 in the regular season. The once much maligned ""Let's have some fun"" becomes a rallying cry of sorts for the team, which shoves it back in the collective faces of those who dared mock Sir Oodles of Noodles. Andy is heard, week in and week out, firing up the team in the tunnel with a chant that becomes louder with each victory. "Lets have some fun! Lets have a fun. Lets have some fun!"

It sweeps the city by storm. It soon becomes as catchy as great those NFL team songs of the past. ("We're the Tigers we're ready to rumble"..."Who Dey, who dey....Who dey, who dey think they beat the Bengals. .... "We aint here to cause no trouble we're just hear to do the Superbowl Shuffle.) And now we've got "Lets have some fun, lets have some fun, who cares if your QB has a gun. Dandy Andy that's his name, the Bengals already have won this game."

The Bengals march to the Superbowl with back-to-back 6-4 wins over the Raiders and the Browns to capture the AFC title. The stage is set. Bengals-Cardinals. Giggles-Palmer. Paul Alexander working in Feb vs lost piano practice time.

The Bengals win easily. You need look no further than Palmers stat line of 4-37 for 17 yards, with 5 picks (3 being picks 6's) to know it was won easily. The Bengals had done it. Specifically, they did by a score of 67-0.

As the team is huddled, passing the trophy around, it starts: "We had some fun, we had some fun, we had some fun!" Andy graciously takes the trophy and holds it up high, screaming "Hey Palmer, deez pale nutz!!! You're a bum!" Marvin takes the trophy and just giggles, and giggles, and giggles. Then he giggles some more.

Mike slowly leaves the stadium, without ever saying a word to anyone at all, sporting a huge grin. He fires up the '94 Lebaron, puts the top down, and as he looks up into the sky, says...."We did it Pop, we did it!".

As he is cruising down the highway at a cool but collected 38 MPH, he phones up Lippy on the speed dial of an ancient Motorolla car phone. Upon King Fupa answering, the old man simply says: "Get the Buddy Card ready, old friend. It's time to celebrate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
Reply/Quote
Okay.

Defense rises from last year's disaster and finishes 9th overall.

Offense improves a lot but still has spurts of inconsistency until Bodine is benched, Boling slides to Center and Winston goes to LG. Andy running a more balanced offense winds up with about 3600 yards passing, 26 TD and 12 INT. This is because he avoids having the two horrible games like he did last year (6 INTs in the 2 bad outings). Eifert gets about 700 receiving yards and 7 TDs. Jeremy Hill has 1400 yards rushing and 8 TD but 6 fumbles.

Bengals win AFC North and with overall 11-5 record FINALLY get a bye. They then win a playoff game at home, beating the Broncos but fall in Overtime to New England 31-28 on a FG made possible by Brandon Tate muffing the kick return.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 06:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: AND ITS BLOCKED because Wilder Jr. Misses a blocking assignment that Peerman would have picked up.

Right.  Too bad ST's didn't exist until Peerman got here.  Hope he can play until he's 70 because we will never, ever be able to replace him.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 01:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bengals go on an absolute tear, to finish a perfect 16-0 in the regular season.  The once much maligned ""Let's have some fun"" becomes a rallying cry of sorts for the team, which shoves it back in the collective faces of those who dared mock Sir Oodles of Noodles.  Andy is heard, week in and week out, firing up the team in the tunnel with a chant that becomes louder with each victory.  "Lets have some fun!  Lets have a fun.  Lets have some fun!"

It sweeps the city by storm.  It soon becomes as catchy as great those NFL team songs of the past.  ("We're the Tigers we're ready to rumble"..."Who Dey, who dey....Who dey, who dey think they beat the Bengals. ....  "We aint here to cause no trouble we're just hear to do the Superbowl Shuffle.)  And now we've got "Lets have some fun, lets have some fun, who cares if your QB has a gun.  Dandy Andy that's his name, the Bengals already have won this game."

The Bengals march to the Superbowl with back-to-back 6-4 wins over the Raiders and the Browns to capture the AFC title.  The stage is set.  Bengals-Cardinals. Giggles-Palmer.  Paul Alexander working in Feb vs lost piano practice time.

The Bengals win easily.  You need look no further than Palmers stat line of 4-37 for 17 yards, with 5 picks (3 being picks 6's) to know it was won easily.  The Bengals had done it. Specifically, they did by a score of 67-0.  

As the team is huddled, passing the trophy around, it starts:  "We had some fun, we had some fun, we had some fun!"  Andy graciously takes the trophy and holds it up high, screaming "Hey Palmer, deez pale nutz!!!  You're a bum!"  Marvin takes the trophy and just giggles, and giggles, and giggles.  Then he giggles some more.

Mike slowly leaves the stadium, without ever saying a word to anyone at all, sporting a huge grin.  He fires up the '94 Lebaron, puts the top down, and as he looks up into the sky, says...."We did it Pop, we did it!".  

As he is cruising down the highway at a cool but collected 38 MPH, he phones up Lippy on the speed dial of an ancient Motorolla car phone.  Upon King Fupa answering, the old man simply says: "Get the Buddy Card ready, old friend.  It's time to celebrate.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

I enjoyed this post immensely but the "Let's have a fun" line really got me. LOL

LET'S HAVE A FUN, EVERYONE. Let's have a fun. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Answering this time honestly:

(I'm taking this as what it says. Bold predictions, not fantasy. These are things I think have a decent chance of happening)

1.) Gio Bernard we'll be regarded as the more valuable back at the end of the season.

I think this could happen. Don't get me wrong, I like Hill. He looked very good last year. but I think too many people are sleeping on Bernard. He is a special player. I'm not sure there's anyone else like him in the entire league, with the exception of maybe Sproles. If he still gets 5-10 carries a game and is used in the receiving game, I think we could a lot of fans remember how special he is.

2.) Wallace Gillberry will lead the team in sacks.

3.) Darquez Dernard will be ahead of Dre Kirkpatrick in the depth chart come the end of year.

4.) Mohamed Sanu will finish with more yards than a healthy Marvin Jones.

I don't know that I would predict as having a great chance but I do think there is a decent one. I think they're pretty equal in overall value. I think Jones is a tad overrated, while I think Sanu is a tad underrated.

5.) This will be Andy Dalton's last full season starting in Cincinnati.

I think he needs a 90+ rating and/or postseasn success to cement his job for next season. I don't like the chances of either. I think he will play similarly to past seasons, which will be ok, but far from great. I don't think they cut him after this season, despite the contract. But I do think they, for the first time, will want some legitimate options and legitimate discussion, for the future. And I could see them entertaining some of them in 2016 as the season goes on.

Remember, these are bold predictions. They're simply things I think could happen and could serve as decent talking points. Don't take them too seriously please.
Reply/Quote
Bold == Absurd???

> Andy Dalton will have over 4000 yards passing, just over 30 TD's thrown and less than 10 INT's.

This is a pleasant fiction isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 02:13 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Dennard will start over Hall by the end of the year.

Lamur will underwhelm and many will clamor to start Dawson.

Eifert will have the 2nd most receptions on this team.

Dalton wins a playoff game.

Dre Kirkpatrick will have an All-Pro season.

These two seem to have good chances, especially as of late.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 03:02 AM)Utts Wrote: Bold == Absurd???

> Andy Dalton will have over 4000 yards passing, just over 30 TD's thrown and less than 10 INT's.

This is a pleasant fiction isn't it?

He did 2 of those things in 2013. While it's highly doubtful he does the 3rd regardless of his other stats, it's not entirely implausible.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will be Dalton, but the success for this season lies with the O-line. If the middle of the O-line cannot keep pressure off of Dalton (circa playoffs 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014), Dalton will struggle, but 95% of the QBs in the NFL will struggle in the same situation. The Oakland game will be telling since their front are very good with Khalil Mack moving to end. If our line struggles next Sunday, it will be a very long year with SI prediction being spot on. However, if this line can get Jeremy Hills holes to run in, it will help setup up the passing game which can translate into a 10 win season. I'll wait and see. However, I am not encourage with the O-line play during the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 04:41 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If your arm is getting sore, there's always:

[Image: 140hxqc.jpg]

Now, THAT IS FUNNY Wink
Reply/Quote