Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Was A Great Year
Good romantic advice, I have been bitter the last year. Time to get back up on the high horse.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Best team we had for a long time ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
For the love of all that is holy someone buy the team some roses and chocolate so we can be a truly romantic fan base..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dunlap now LEADS the franchise in all-time sacks AND Geno had 11 this year, not 10 Wink

Great stuff, Wolfie!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengal season are like love affairs that end badly.

If you obsess on how they end then you will probably become bitter, hate all women, and never find love.

But if you try and remember the good times then you will eventually get your hopes back up and be willing to give it another try.

Fred, this was one of your best posts ever!

Reply/Quote
I understand that people wanted a playoff win. We all did, I have never experienced a playoff win in my lifetime. But this is the closest we've come to one. The most complete roster we've seen and arguably the most talented team we've ever seen top to bottom. A lot of great things happened this season. And sadly, this will be the biggest "What If" Bengals season.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I understand that people wanted a playoff win. We all did, I have never experienced a playoff win in my lifetime. But this is the closest we've come to one. The most complete roster we've seen and arguably the most talented team we've ever seen top to bottom. A lot of great things happened this season. And sadly, this will be the biggest "What If" Bengals season.

Definitely took the "What if" award from the 05 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Definitely took the "What if" award from the 05 season.

Easily. We almost beat the #1 seed with a backup QB and almost won a playoff game with a backup QB. Almost had a BYE week as well.

But, alas, so many what ifs. Great season and I hope it's built upon.

Reply/Quote
Yea all that is great but we still didnt win a playoff game and wont because the head of  the snake on the team is Lewis. Only coach in NFL history to keep his job for 12 years without a single playoff win. No other owner would ever stand for that in any sport. You couldnt coach a olympic team for 12 years without getting even a bronze
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Definitely took the "What if" award from the 05 season.

I think the '05 team is way overrated around here. At the time it blew all our minds to win but in reality that team did not have a good enough defense to win a championship.  The Stealers beat us by 2 tds at PBS during the regular season, so there is a good chance we lose the playoff game even if Carson doesn't get injured.

This '15 team was much better than '05.  I would probably give the '05 offense a slight edge over '15, but the difference in the defenses is massive.  We had a legit championship level defense this year.  I think we have gotten a little spoiled over the last few years with good defenses, but this '15 unit  was elite.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 05:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I understand that people wanted a playoff win. We all did, I have never experienced a playoff win in my lifetime. But this is the closest we've come to one. The most complete roster we've seen and arguably the most talented team we've ever seen top to bottom. A lot of great things happened this season. And sadly, this will be the biggest "What If" Bengals season.

At least you got to feel it for a couple of minutes when Burfict intercepted that pass...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:51 PM)jason Wrote: At least you got to feel it for a couple of minutes when Burfict intercepted that pass...

I was so happy. And then everything happened. And my heart was broken in the midst of many Steelers fans all around me. Was hell

Reply/Quote

Very true, it was just really sad how it ended.

But it was a great season as a Bengal fan. We could of won the whole thing if we had Dalton and i would of picked us to.

All around we had the deepest team in the league. If healthy we would beat the Panthers in the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
The op pleases me. I like seeing all the positives of this past year, not just hearing about the Wild Card game. or uniforms....
Reply/Quote
Meh. Just another year of not being able to get over the hump. I would have rather gone 9-7 barely made the playoffs and won at least one in those imaginary playoff games. All of those awards are nice, but until we take steps to get closer to the prize at the end of the season, we have gone nowhere.

Looking forward to the draft. I'll get geared up for the season later, but I frankly have little hope for a playoff win while Marvin is in charge.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:57 AM)Since82 Wrote: Meh. Just another year of not being able to get over the hump. I would have rather gone 9-7 barely made the playoffs and won at least one in those imaginary playoff games. All of those awards are nice, but until we take steps to get closer to the prize at the end of the season, we have gone nowhere.

Looking forward to the draft. I'll get geared up for the season later, but I frankly have little hope for a playoff win while Marvin is in charge.

I hated it when they gave Marv an extension this Offseason. I thought it took the urgency out of this season.

We had a very good year but the players played undisciplined in the Playoff game, that is on Marv once again.

We had the team to win it all which is what really pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:57 AM)Since82 Wrote:  I would have rather gone 9-7 barely made the playoffs and won at least one in those imaginary playoff games. All of those awards are nice, but until we take steps to get closer to the prize at the end of the season, we have gone nowhere.

I would rather see a more talented team that just slipped up once than a less talented team get lucky just once.  It would give me better hope for the next year.

We all want to win it all.  If we win less than all then I want to see the best possible team.  And there was a world of difference between the '15 team and the '11 team that went 9-7.  If we don't win it all then one playoff win is not worth three regular season wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would rather see a more talented team that just slipped up once than a less talented team get lucky just once.  It would give me better hope for the next year.

We all want to win it all.  If we win less than all then I want to see the best possible team.  And there was a world of difference between the '15 team and the '11 team that went 9-7.  If we don't win it all then one playoff win is not worth three regular season wins.
Been off the board for a while since it was too painful be back.

I understand completely what you are saying Fred, but at this point I disagree. If we go 16-0 next season and lose in the first round it doesn't mean a thing other than to confirm what we already know. Marvin cannot get his teams ready for big games.

Plus I would also argue that there are plenty of reasons that good teams might be 9-7 including injury and schedule. Going 9-7 and winning a playoff game would give me more hope that we are finally getting our heads wrapped around how to get to the big prize rather than being satisfied with just getting there.
Reply/Quote
25th year. We hit our Silver Anniversary of playoff win drought and the team still retained the services of the worst head coach in postseason history.

/thread

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 11:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 25th year. We hit our Silver Anniversary of playoff win drought and the team still retained the services of the worst head coach in postseason history.

/thread

and we retained the best coach in regular season history..  Wink
Reply/Quote