Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 NFL Free Agent List (Defense) - Updated 3/10
ROTOWORLD

Defensive Linemen

Muhammad Wilkerson (Franchise Tagged)
Malik Jackson (Agreed to 6-year, $85.5M deal with JAX)
Derek Wolfe (Re-signed 4-year, $36.7M deal with DEN)
Jaye Howard (Re-signed 2-year, $12M deal with KC)
Damon Harrison (Agreed to 5-year, $46.25M deal with NYG)

Haloti Ngata (Re-signed 2-year, $12M deal with DET)
Ian Williams (Re-signed 5-year, $27.5M deal with SF)
Nick Fairley

Charles Johnson (Re-signed 1-year, $3M deal with CAR)
Terrance Knighton
Cedric Thornton (Signed 4-year, $18M deal with DAL)
Vinny Curry (Re-signed 5-year, $47.25M deal with PHI)
Robert Ayers
Brandon Mebane (Signed 3-year, $13.5M deal with SD)
Adrian Clayborn (Re-signed 2-year, $9M deal with ATL)
Akiem Hicks
Steve McLendon
B.J. Raji
Jason Jones

Jason Hatcher
Tyrunn Walker (Re-signed 1-year, $1.6M deal with DET)
Mike DeVito
Henry Melton
Kevin Williams
Al Woods
Letroy Guion (Re-signed 3-year, $11.25M deal with GB)

Paul Soliai
Antonio Smith
Jared Crick
Kendall Reyes
Ahtyba Rubin (Re-signed 3-year, $12M deal with SEA)
Cullen Jenkins
Sammie Lee Hill
Leger Douzable

Randy Starks
Chris Canty
Sealver Siliga
Billy Winn
Kyle Love
Kedric Golston (Re-signed 1-year, $1.005M deal with WAS)
Alex Carrington
Pat Sims
Brandon Thompson
Mitch Unrein
Red Bryant

Dwan Edwards
C.J. Wilson
Tony McDaniel
Cam Thomas
Kenrick Ellis (Re-signed 1-year deal with MIN)
Corey Wootton
Jarvis Jenkins
Stephen Bowen
Greg Scruggs
Ricardo Mathews
Mike Martin
Jermelle Cudjo
Da'Quan Bowers
Barry Cofield
Demarcus Dobbs
Jack Crawford
Clifton Geathers

Edge Defenders

Von Miller (Franchise Tagged -- Exclusive Rights)
Jason Pierre-Paul (Re-signed 1-year, $10M deal with NYG)
Olivier Vernon (Signed 5-year, $85M deal with NYG)

Mario Williams (Agreed to 2-year, $17M deal with MIA)
Greg Hardy
Aldon Smith
Tamba Hali (Re-signed 3-year, $22M deal with KC)
Bruce Irvin (Agreed to 4-year, $37M deal with OAK)
William Hayes (Re-signed 3-year, $17.5M deal with LAR)

Chris Long
Nick Perry (Re-signed 1-year, $5M deal with GB)
Courtney Upshaw
Dwight Freeney
Kroy Biermann
Wallace Gilberry
Mike Neal
Junior Galette
Darryl Tapp
Jeremy Mincey
Derrick Shelby (Signed 4-year, $18M deal with ATL)
Andre Branch
Eugene Sims

Tony Jerod-Eddie
Chris Clemons
Sam Acho
LaMarr Woodley
Calvin Pace

Quinton Coples
Albert McClellan (Re-signed 3-year deal with BAL)
Justin Trattou
Frank Zombo (Re-signed 3-year, $3.6M deal with KC)
Chris Carter
Larry English
Frank Alexander
Anthony Spencer
George Selvie

Inside Linebackers

Jerrell Freeman
Danny Trevathan (Signed 4-year, $24.5M deal with CHI)
Derrick Johnson (Re-signed 3-year, $21M deal with KC)

James Laurinaitis
Stephen Tulloch
Craig Robertson
Rolando McClain (Re-signed 1-year, $4M deal with DAL)
Erin Henderson
Demario Davis
Mason Foster (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with WAS)

Daryl Smith
David Hawthorne
Donald Butler
Sean Spence

DeMeco Ryans
Shea McClellin
Jasper Brinkley

Bruce Carter
Kavell Conner
Keenan Robinson (Signed 1-year, $3.5M deal with NYG)
Audie Cole (Re-signed 1-year, $840K deal with MIN)
Joe Mays
Kelvin Sheppard
Jamari Lattimore
Tank Carder (Re-signed 2-year, $2.5M deal with CLE)
Casey Matthews

4-3 Outside Linebackers

Zach Brown
Mark Barron (Re-signed 5-year, $45M deal with LAR)
Tahir Whitehead (Re-signed 2-year, $8M deal with DET)
Vincent Rey (Re-signed 3-year, $11.5M deal with CIN)
Emmanuel Lamur (Signed undisclosed deal with MIN)
Chad Greenway
Nigel Bradham (Signed 2-year deal with PHI)
Sean Weatherspoon
Kyle Wilber

Justin Durant
Danny Lansanah
Spencer Paysinger
Jason Trusnik
Travis Lewis (Signed undisclosed deal with MIN)
Philip Wheeler
Michael Morgan

Cornerbacks

Josh Norman (Franchise Tagged)
Janoris Jenkins (Agreed to 5-year, $62.5M deal with NYG)

Trumaine Johnson (Re-signed 1-year, $13.952M deal with LAR)
Prince Amukamara
Casey Hayward
Sean Smith (Signed 4-year, $38M deal with OAK)
Pacman Jones (Re-signed 3-year, $24M deal with CIN)
Patrick Robinson
Brandon Boykin
Leon Hall
Jerraud Powers
Tracy Porter (Re-signed 3-year, $12M deal with CHI)

Leodis McKelvin (Signed 2-year, $6.2M deal with PHI)
Brent Grimes
Terence Newman
Greg Toler
Jeremy Lane (Re-signed 4-year, $23M deal with SEA)
Will Blackmon
Coty Sensabaugh
Charles Tillman
William Gay (Re-signed 3-year, $7.5M deal with PIT)
Tarell Brown
Trumaine McBride

Brice McCain (Signed 2-year, $4.4M deal with TEN)
Josh Robinson
Morris Claiborne
Shareece Wright (Re-signed 3-year, $16M deal with BAL)

Antonio Cromartie
Ron Brooks (Signed 3-year, $6M deal with PHI)
Nolan Carroll
Antwon Blake
Sterling Moore
E.J. Biggers
Marcus Sherels
Darrin Walls
Cary Williams
Kyle Wilson (Re-signed 1-year, $840K deal with NO)
Cortland Finnegan

Brandon Browner
Johnson Bademosi (Signed 2-year, $4.5M deal with DET)
Jamell Fleming
Corey White
Alan Ball
Josh Wilson
Jayron Hosley
Mike Jenkins
Cassius Vaughn
Sherrick McManis (Re-signed 2-year deal with CHI)
Brandon Harris

Safeties

Eric Berry (Franchise Tagged)

George Iloka (Re-signed 5-year, $30M deal with CIN)
Eric Weddle
Reggie Nelson
Tashaun Gipson (Agreed to 5-year, $35.5M deal with JAX)
Rashad Johnson
Rodney McLeod (Signed 5-year, $37M deal with PHI)
Walter Thurmond III
Tyvon Branch (Signed 2-year, $10M deal with ARZ)

Michael Griffin (Signed 1-year, $2.5M deal with MIN)
Rahim Moore
William Moore
Dashon Goldson
Roman Harper
Husain Abdullah
Andrew Sendejo (Re-signed 4-year, $16M deal with MIN)
Isa Abdul-Quddus (Signed 3-year, $12.75M deal with MIA)
James Ihedigbo
Rafael Bush
Dwight Lowery (Signed 3-year, $7.2M deal with SD)
David Bruton

Bacarri Rambo 
Chris Clemons (Re-signed 1-year, $885K deal with ARZ)
Will Allen
Keith Tandy (Re-signed 2-year, $1.85M deal with TB)
Tavon Wilson (Signed 2-year, $2.2M deal with DET)
Robert Blanton
Louis Delmas
Brandon Meriweather

Nate Allen (Re-signed 1-year, $3M deal with OAK)
Omar Bolden
Quintin Demps
Antonio Allen
Ryan Mundy
Nate Ebner
Larry Asante
Sean Richardson

Jeron Johnson
Jaiquawn Jarrett
Colt Anderson
Chris Conte
Taylor Mays
Sherrod Martin
Charles Godfrey
Jamarca Sanford
Shiloh Keo
Robert Golden (Re-signed 3-year, $5M deal with PIT)
Craig Dahl
Brandian Ross
Chris Prosinski
Danny McCray
Reply/Quote
Mark Barron would be a nice pick up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I want some snacks (Damon Harrison). Sims didn't make the impact I wanted. Patty cake Peko is on the decline. Thompson tore his ACL late in the year. Terrance Knighton was supposed to be the big NT prize last year in free agency and he definitely didn't break the bank. We could lock up one of the best run stuffers in the league for the prime of his career for a reasonable contract.

I think our defensive numbers against the run were deceiving. We need to get better.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I want some snacks (Damon Harrison). Sims didn't make the impact I wanted. Patty cake Peko is on the decline. Thompson tore his ACL late in the year. Terrance Knighton was supposed to be the big NT prize last year in free agency and he definitely didn't break the bank. We could lock up one of the best run stuffers in the league for the prime of his career for a reasonable contract.

I think our defensive numbers against the run were deceiving. We need to get better.

To be fair, Peko had his best season with 5 sacks..

I do agree we need to find a replacement soon and Knighton would be a nice run stuffer, but he didn't do anything in Washington.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:57 AM)milksheikh Wrote: To be fair, Peko had his best season with 5 sacks..

I do agree we need to find a replacement soon and Knighton would be a nice run stuffer, but he didn't do anything in Washington.

They're loyal to Peko, it's likely that they look for a true NT type a few pick into the draft (with LB being a higher priority), I'd be happy with a vet though if the right one came along.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         As for other positions, I'd like a new LB but Corner is the position to keep an eye on.  They're always looking to make the right move rather than a desperate one...but I'm not sure this is a good year to pass on a vet and keep drafting depth.  If they lose Pacman and/or Hall, you have to look at a vet.  Sean Smith may be to pricey, so they're looking at the next group.  Pat Robinson or Mo Claiborne fit the mold of a fallen draft pick that's putting things together, Robinson looked better and may be the best value.  Stealing Boykin from Pittsburgh is interesting, but you'd like someone that could holdup outside if Dennard doesn't take the reps.  I'm not happy with how Pacman handled himself at the end of the game, which is why I keep calling him that but I haven't thrown in the towel on him.  I'd like to look at all the options, but I surely wouldn't give him a big payday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:57 AM)milksheikh Wrote: To be fair, Peko had his best season with 5 sacks..

He had his best season as far as sacks, but nelson also had his best season as far as int's, doesn't mean it was their best season overall. Peko get's no push and benefits from having two outstanding players on each side. His position needs to be upgraded badly.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I want some snacks (Damon Harrison). Sims didn't make the impact I wanted. Patty cake Peko is on the decline. Thompson tore his ACL late in the year. Terrance Knighton was supposed to be the big NT prize last year in free agency and he definitely didn't break the bank. We could lock up one of the best run stuffers in the league for the prime of his career for a reasonable contract.

Agreed, we had a good amount of sacks but I don't think our TFL numbers on run plays were anything to write home about.

Watching Denvers D-Line reminded me how the only pass rushers we have are Dunlap and Atkins.... meanwhile teams like Denver have about 5.

We need more guys who can pass rush as well as stop the run. Most of our guys have a niche one way or the other unfortunately.

It's a scheme thing as well, but damn I wish our pass rush was as ferocious. Flash backs of Big Ben having 10 seconds in the pocket is haunting.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 04:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I want some snacks (Damon Harrison). Sims didn't make the impact I wanted. Patty cake Peko is on the decline. Thompson tore his ACL late in the year. Terrance Knighton was supposed to be the big NT prize last year in free agency and he definitely didn't break the bank. We could lock up one of the best run stuffers in the league for the prime of his career for a reasonable contract.

Yeah, Damon Harrison is my early FA want as well. Maybe Potroast could be had for cheap after his poor season
if we cannot get Harrison. Peko had his best year but i still think it is only a matter of time before he starts to fall
off and even in his best year Peko is not near as good as Harrison.

I also like Mark Barron if we cannot bring back Iloka.

Nick Perry is a thought at DE for us if we don't bring back Gilberry, i always thought he was a 4-3 End and the
Packers used him wrong. I think Perry would be an upgrade over Gilberry.

Also, i would like for us to look at some of the Linebackers. I always like Tank Carder in college but i have heard
nothing about him in the NFL. Demario Davis is a guy i would like for us to look at for sure or Jasper Brinkley.
Reply/Quote
Would love to pick up Danny Trevathan and open up who plays MLB between Burfict, Maualuga and Trevathan.

Reply/Quote

5 sacks most of ever in a season for him and playing part time was not a decline.. actually he improved ... Peko should not be going anywhere with this performance this past season plus the leadership he brings to the table.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 10:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Agreed, we had a good amount of sacks but I don't think our TFL numbers on run plays were anything to write home about.

Watching Denvers D-Line reminded me how the only pass rushers we have are Dunlap and Atkins.... meanwhile teams like Denver have about 5.

We need more guys who can pass rush as well as stop the run. Most of our guys have a niche one way or the other unfortunately.

It's a scheme thing as well, but damn I wish our pass rush was as ferocious. Flash backs of Big Ben having 10 seconds in the pocket is haunting.

Denver had the best Defense in the league maybe in history of game from some accounts... a rare season.. no one compares to Denver this year not even Carolina and what really enabled them to do so well with front 7,, their back 4 did... they went one on one and allowed them to rush more.. we did a decent job at that also.. we need to keep our back 4 strong.. focus on a LB .. im fine with our lineman right now.. focus needs to be corners/safety and outside LB
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 5 sacks most of ever in a season for him and playing part time was not a decline.. actually he improved ... Peko should not be going anywhere with this performance this past season plus the leadership he brings to the table.

Who were the Steelers RBs who combined to run for over 100 yards against us in the playoffs and why cant I find Pekos name in the box score? The biggest impact he had on the game was negating a huge sack we had.

Ive been a Peko fan the majority of his career. But he is one of our worst starters now. And he is expensive.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who were the Steelers RBs who combined to run for over 100 yards against us in the playoffs and why cant I find Pekos name in the box score? The biggest impact he had on the game was negating a huge sack we had.

Ive been a Peko fan the majority of his career. But he is one of our worst starters now. And he is expensive.
I love it blame peko for our failure on the Steelers rush if you notice that got a lot more on the outside and the inside. Bottom line he had one of his best years of late i would hope you agree there.  he's under contract he's experienced and it's not like he plays all the time they do a rotation so I don't see him as he official starter
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 06:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who were the Steelers RBs who combined to run for over 100 yards against us in the playoffs and why cant I find Pekos name in the box score? The biggest impact he had on the game was negating a huge sack we had.

Wasn't peko hurt that game? Anyways I get why people want to cut peko but a.) It will not happen and b.) Our real problem is we have know one who can replace Geno on the line when we give him his hour rest every freaking game. Bottom line we need to draft a 3 technique just as much as a nose tackle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I love it blame peko for our failure on the Steelers rush if you notice that got a lot more on the outside and the inside. Bottom line he had one of his best years of late i would hope you agree there.  he's under contract he's experienced and it's not like he plays all the time they do a rotation so I don't see him as he official starter

Yes he had one of his better years. Maybe because Atkins is back to form. Dunlap is playing lights out. And MJ is back getting attention. Like you said he is now a rotational player. He is under contract for 4-5 times as much as Sims or Brandon Thompson would cost.

He cost 300,000 less than what Pot Roast cost last year.

We may have given up a low number of rushing yards this year. But we gave up 4.3 yards a carry. Peko had career sack numbers, but that isn't his primary job. He is supposed to be our run stopper. And we got gashed this year.

I just don't think we would see a major drop off if he wasn't on the team anymore. We have Dunlap, MJ and Atkins to be clubhouse leaders on our DL. We have a problem with keeping guys around too long for their leadership, it hasn't got us anywhere as far as post season success. Geathers was another guy we kept around a little too long for his leadership. He didn't even get a sniff from another team after we cut him.

I love Peko. He has done well for us. But we can improve on his spot and potentially get one of the best in the league at his spot for just a little more than he is making. Or get equal contributions for a lot less.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 04:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yes he had one of his better years. Maybe because Atkins is back to form. Dunlap is playing lights out. And MJ is back getting attention. Like you said he is now a rotational player. He is under contract for 4-5 times as much as Sims or Brandon Thompson would cost.

He cost 300,000 less than what Pot Roast cost last year.

We may have given up a low number of rushing yards this year. But we gave up 4.3 yards a carry. Peko had career sack numbers, but that isn't his primary job. He is supposed to be our run stopper. And we got gashed this year.

I just don't think we would see a major drop off if he wasn't on the team anymore. We have Dunlap, MJ and Atkins to be clubhouse leaders on our DL. We have a problem with keeping guys around too long for their leadership, it hasn't got us anywhere as far as post season success. Geathers was another guy we kept around a little too long for his leadership. He didn't even get a sniff from another team after we cut him.

I love Peko. He has done well for us. But we can improve on his spot and potentially get one of the best in the league at his spot for just a little more than he is making. Or get equal contributions for a lot less.

Do you think maybe his play raised the game of others.. also all our Defense line is on a rotation.. some more than others granted... In the end his play last year should ensure they keep him.. pretty simple to me.. had a good year in 2015, knows the system, and a team leader... now they could bring in competition but I do think it will be hard to cut him over a FA coming in or a draft pick but we will see.
Reply/Quote
Peko is what he is, a 31 year old descent NT. They'll keep him around for leadership and stability, though they'd get more out of him if they gave him a few less reps. They thought Thompson would do that, or Sims would provide insurance if he couldn't and it's possible both won't be retained. I'll agree that his money could fetch more depending on the fit, but he's going to be a Bengal. Sometimes we're too quick to find the weak link, instead of seeing what they'll do for the position. This is the year to add another NT (vet or rookie) and give the guy a break. We can point toward the Steeler games, but I as a fan felt most helpless during the 2nd half of the Broncos game. Though the offense was stagnant and didn't help the D, the D was running on fumes as Denver kept them on the field. It's a given Geno is limited in Denver, but the other guys looked gassed too. So though the backbone of Zimmer's D was always the DL rotation, they're going to have to have 4 guys out there that can stand if the offense won't let them sub out. Also, love or hate Peko he could get hurt just like the others and they don't have a natural backup NT right now and they're going to need one to take the next step.
Reply/Quote
Draft is so deep in DTs we draft Peko's replacement (or at least try).

Anyone know anything about Philip Wheeler? He had a couple of pretty good years, but seems to have declined over the last couple of seasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2016, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Draft is so deep in DTs we draft Peko's replacement (or at least try).

Anyone know anything about Philip Wheeler?  He had a couple of pretty good years, but seems to have declined over the last couple of seasons.

Yes, this DT class is deep. I too expect the same.

Regarding Wheeler, he was actually an effective blitzer coming out of college. He was labeled as being likely a two-down LB that could be used also as a pass rusher. He is decent against the run. If he were used on third down, it would not be in coverage. He played SAM while in OAK.

Honestly, he fits what the Bengals have typically looked for in their 4-3 SAM role. Would the coaches think he'd be an upgrade over AJ Hawk? I think if he were to sign with the Bengals, it would be heavily dependent on Kevin Coyle's opinion since he worked with him in Miami.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do you think maybe his play raised the game of others.. also all our Defense line is on a rotation.. some more than others granted... In the end his play last year should ensure they keep him.. pretty simple to me.. had a good year in 2015, knows the system, and a team leader... now they could bring in competition but I do think it will be hard to cut him over a FA coming in or a draft pick but we will see.

Nope, we saw what he looked like without Geno Atkins next to him, then at less than full speed, and without MJ90.  I love Peko, but he is overpaid at this point in his career.  That said, he did have a good year, and looked much better with the rotation back in full swing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote