Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Re-Draft
NFL.com posted an article re-doing the first round of 2016, quite a few teams kept their original picks, interestingly they had the Brown take Dak Prescott, while that could have been interesting, I think Hue would've ruined him. They have us taking Kendall Fuller instead of WJIII, he went to the Steelers, and the Ravens took Chris Jones. 

Quote:Prescott goes from the fourth round to Round 1 in this NFL draft do-over. He would have filled the Browns' biggest need as a high-character starting quarterback. 

Actual pick: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor.
Quote:The actual pick here -- Ronnie Stanley -- has been solid for the Ravens, but Jones is a monster and fits perfectly in the Ravens' defensive front. 

Actual pick: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Quote:We'll stick with a cornerback here for the Bengals and give them an upgrade over their actual pick. 

Actual pick: William Jackson III, CB, Houston.
Quote:Jackson goes one pick later than he did in 2016. Pittsburgh needed DB help so badly that they addressed the position with their first two picks in 2016 ( Artie Burns and Sean Davis). 

Actual pick: Artie Burns, CB, Miami.

Would you take WJII again? Or someone else?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would take WJ3 again
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I’m happy with WJ3.

Now 2017...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 08:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m happy with WJ3.

Now 2017...

I’d rather do over the Og/Fisher draft than 2017
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d rather do over the Og/Fisher draft than 2017

That one too.

But at least they’re gone now, and it’s in the rear view.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one too.

But at least they’re gone now, and it’s in the rear view.

It's in the rearview, but that draft has crippled this team. They're ALL gone except Uzomah. First 3 picks of that draft... Swing and a miss. An entire draft yielded a solid 2nd TE.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd and Mike Thomas were steals in that draft...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
WJII!

How exactly is Fuller an upgrade? Could you imagine the Steelers with WJIII instead of Arte Burns? Don't we like Arte Burns on the Steelers defense? Yes, we do!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’d rather do over the Og/Fisher draft than 2017

There should be shirts: 

Ogbuehi/Fisher 2015

Setting a franchise back at least four years
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: There should be shirts: 

Ogbuehi/Fisher 2015

Setting a franchise back at least four years

And they would sell, too. Considering how much this fan base loves wallowing in past miseries...

I’m just glad they’re gone.

That’s why I’d say Ross and the 2017 1st rd pick (especially being a top 10) would be my redo. And I actually have defended Ross more than most here. But looking at some of the players we could have had instead kind of makes you sick.

Reply/Quote
I think if you had asked this question last year, some might have said Fuller over WJ3 because Boyd hadn't blossomed yet. However, Boyd really came into his own last year and I'd much rather have WJ3+Boyd over Fuller+anyone else. For all the crap given to the Bengals the past few years for drafts, they did do well with 2016 (so far).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:38 AM)jason Wrote: It's in the rearview, but that draft has crippled this team. They're ALL gone except Uzomah. First 3 picks of that draft... Swing and a miss. An entire draft yielded a solid 2nd TE.

.....yeah, not in the rearview at all.  You are exactly right, the effects from that draft still haunt this team, and not just on the o line.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:15 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: .....yeah, not in the rearview at all.  You are exactly right, the effects from that draft still haunt this team, and not just on the o line.

It’s absolutely in the rear view. We’re not the only team to miss on draft picks. The problem was we waited too long to cut ties and move on. Now we have.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolutely in the rear view. We’re not the only team to miss on draft picks. The problem was we waited too long to cut ties and move on. Now we have.

That part is true, but to TOTALLY whiff on an ENTIRE draft class is quite the detriment to the team, and the effects of it still linger.  You combine losing FAs with a draft class that isn't even on the team anymore, save one, it has trickle effects for years to come. Bobby Hart starting at RT is just one issue associated with it....

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That part is true, but to TOTALLY whiff on an ENTIRE draft class is quite the detriment to the team, and the effects of it still linger.  You combine losing FAs with a draft class that isn't even on the team anymore, save one, it has trickle effects for years to come. Bobby Hart starting at RT is just one issue associated with it....

I wouldn’t say totally whiffed, as CJ and Kroft are solid players. I’m sure we could look back over the years and find drafts that were even worse (08 maybe?)

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t say totally whiffed, as CJ and Kroft are solid players. I’m sure we could look back over the years and find drafts that were even worse (08 maybe?)

08 was a bad one for sure.....and I agree with your take on 2017 and John Ross.  Forgot about Kroft, but now he's gone.  Like you though, I am glad that Fish and Og are gone, and that travesty is behind us.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That part is true, but to TOTALLY whiff on an ENTIRE draft class is quite the detriment to the team, and the effects of it still linger.  You combine losing FAs with a draft class that isn't even on the team anymore, save one, it has trickle effects for years to come. Bobby Hart starting at RT is just one issue associated with it....

Especially for a team that “builds through the draft”. When your team is built through the draft with no above average starters coming through FA you can’t afford to miss on an entire draft. At minimum you need one clear as day starter/upgrade and really probably need 2-3 each draft if you want to compete for playoff victories. We only have one guy left just a few years later and he’s not even (or maybe barely with his new contract) a starter. He’s definitely not a difference maker
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:47 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Especially for a team that “builds through the draft”. When your team is built through the draft with no above average starters coming through FA you can’t afford to miss on an entire draft. At minimum you need one clear as day starter/upgrade and really probably need 2-3 each draft if you want to compete for playoff victories. We only have one guy left just a few years later and he’s not even (or maybe barely with his new contract) a starter. He’s definitely not a difference maker

That's exactly right. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think if you had asked this question last year, some might have said Fuller over WJ3 because Boyd hadn't blossomed yet. However, Boyd really came into his own last year and I'd much rather have WJ3+Boyd over Fuller+anyone else. For all the crap given to the Bengals the past few years for drafts, they did do well with 2016 (so far).

Billings came from that draft also. Would love to get three starters from this draft as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 11:59 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Billings came from that draft also. Would love to get three starters from this draft as well.

Billings gets a bad rap sometimes because he didn't hit the ground running his first season, but he's progressed every single year. He only JUST turned 24 last month. I still believe he was a great get.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote