Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Re-Draft
WJ3 is good, but his total lack of hands is worrying.

Michael Thomas is a 2x Pro Bowler, 1x 1st Team All-Pro who is only getting better. He would replace John Ross and give you a Michael Thomas/AJ Green/Tyler Boyd WR group, which would be unstoppable.

Deion Jones is a Pro Bowl LB with 27 Pdef, 8 INT in 2.5 years. That would be an ENORMOUS improvement over Hardy Nickerson. They could actually cover TEs/RBs!!!

Austin Hooper is a Pro Bowl TE who might have helped the Bengals the last three years while Eifert has been constantly hurt. A good receiving TE would be even better while the OL has been suspect, giving Dalton a good release valve.

- - - - - -

I would take any one of those three over WJ3 in hindsight. Might be more, but those are the big three to me that were drafted after him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Oliver would be awesome for us in fact he is the only player that I would approve of trading up for.
I have 3 or 4 guys that might be good in the 3rd to 4th Rd at 3T
LJ Coiler TCU- he is more Michael Bennett that he will play end as well as a 3T but he can play.
Dremont Jones- he had poor combine but looks like an athletic beast on tape. I think he will slip in the draft.
Kevin Givens- needs to work on his pass rush but is explosive and athletic.
Cortez Broughton- beast and most underrated DT in this year's draft.

Sweet, i think i have heard Dremont Jones's name before but i haven't heard these other guys names. I am going to have to check out Cortez Broughton if you think that highly of him. Love looking at diamonds in the rough and furthering my draft study, thanks for this Jake.
Reply/Quote
First off: The best thing that happened in the 2016 NFL is that all our ex-coaches "stole" our WRs right before us.

Obviously, if I could put on the rearviews I'd go Mike Thomas or Cody Whitehair.

Personally I was upset we didn't take one of the LBs (Smith/Jack) but WJIII has proven to be a fine pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:46 AM)jason Wrote: Tyler Boyd and Mike Thomas were steals in that draft...

Folks in KC may disagree

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks in KC may disagree

You talking about that piece of filth that runs fast?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:32 PM)jason Wrote: You talking about that piece of filth that runs fast?

Yep

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:44 PM)jason Wrote: Getting Mixon out of the 17 draft sorta makes up for Ross. You can almost pretend that their draft positions were flip flopped, and be sorta alright with it. Joe Mixon's gone in the first round without that video. Probably the first back taken.

Very true....I'm hoping he proves me wrong, but at this point, I wouldn't have taken Ross with a comp pick.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And they would sell, too. Considering how much this fan base loves wallowing in past miseries...

I’m just glad they’re gone.

That’s why I’d say Ross and the 2017 1st rd pick (especially being a top 10) would be my redo. And I actually have defended Ross more than most here. But looking at some of the players we could have had instead kind of makes you sick.

I still thing a vertical threat like Ross was what our offense needed to complete the package...if only one of the two OTs had worked out.  He may flourish under the new offense.  I can bet his only job won't be to take the top off the defense so Boyd, Green, and Eifert can work underneath.  He did get some action in the Red Zone, but what good is a vertical threat if you never test other teams down the field?  Ever hear the story about the boy that cried wolf?

Regardless, this draft will be huge, and I hope they nail it. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep

Well... Here's to hoping he's not around much longer, but he's productive (at least on the field... If what's been alleged about him is true this time, he's a failure of a man), so he'll probably still be in the league after a lengthy suspension.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:47 PM)jason Wrote: I had literally never heard Cedric Ogbuehi's name until it was called that night. I was disappointed in the pick, but I held out hope that he'd be good... Wrong.

Well I wasn't a fan of picking him in the first, just cause I knew his injury would keep him out a year and many teams would've passed on that, and high chance he's there in the 2nd. but if not, it's fine. At the time, we didn't need him in the starting lineup, however I didn't expect him to do so badly.

however, sadly DJ Humphries turned out to be a solid LT whom I wanted in the first.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 01:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well I wasn't a fan of picking him in the first, just cause I knew his injury would keep him out a year and many teams would've passed on that, and high chance he's there in the 2nd. but if not, it's fine. At the time, we didn't need him in the starting lineup, however I didn't expect him to do so badly.

however, sadly DJ Humphries turned out to be a solid LT whom I wanted in the first.

I don't even remember who I liked that year. I think I wanted Malcolm Brown. I'm not even sure how he panned out. I think he's on New England.... Maybe?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote