Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Season Predictions
I'll play 'talking head' and throw it down first;

W-9 - L-7

@ Jets W

@ Pitt L (Assuming they still let Pittsburgh yank their chain)

Denver W

Miami W (Only because I'm assuming law of averages has to catch up to them with a victory sooner or later)

@ Dallas L (Assuming Romo is playing)

@ NE L

Cleveland W

Washington L (Upset)

@ Giants W

Bills W

@ Ravens L

Eagles W

@ Browns L

Pitt L (See game 2)

@ Texans W (See Miami)

Ravens W
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Steelers are going to sweep the Bengals, particularly because the second time they play is in Cincy and Burfict won't be suspended. So, I'm thinking more 10-6 depending on if Zampese can actually OC or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
@ Jets L

@ Pitt L

Denver W

Miami W

@ Dallas L

@ NE L

Cleveland W

Washington W

@ Giants L

Bills W

@ Ravens W

Eagles W

@ Browns L

Pitt W

@ Texans L

Ravens W

9-7 too.  Good enough to get into the WC game this year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
@ Jets W - are they going to be rolling with Geno Smith? Please!
@ Pitt L - no Burfict, in Pittsburgh...meh
Denver W - Sanchez...or is Lynch going to be thrown into the fire by then?
Miami W - prime-time win, no less
@ Dallas L - Romo and Ezekiel Elliot should be able to hold serve at home
@ NE L
Cleveland W
Washington L - I'll count this as our "prime-time" folly of the year
@ Giants L - Or do we botch this one?
Bills W
@ Ravens L
Eagles W
@ Browns W
Pitt W
@ Texans W
Ravens W

10-6

The oddest part of my prediction would be the 5-6 Bengals winning 5 in a row to get a playoff spot (wild card or winning the division by a tie break)...could happen!
Reply/Quote
I've looked over that schedule. Have to be Frank here. I don't see a loss on there anywhere.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 03:14 PM)jason Wrote: I've looked over that schedule.  Have to be Frank here. I don't see a loss on there anywhere.

I assume you're being facetious.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume you're being facetious.

Yeah. There are no ninjas on the mobile version.

I'm feelin' 10-6 or 11-5.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
4th easiest schedule in the nfl based on last year.... (last year we had 2nd hardest and came out 12-4...) I think

So.... Dalton out to prove last year was just the beginning. We might lose the first pitt game and maybe the new England game. but really nothing is a gaurateed loss anymore as they have proved they can hang with anyone..

2016.. the year of Pain.

13-3 1st seed AFC... + Advancement to at least the AFC Championship game is my prediction for 2016.

Bengals end the Season with the #5 offense and #2 Defense. (only cause a couple blowouts saw the b team)

5-1 in the AFCN
Reply/Quote
I'm going with 13-3.

Loss at Pittsburgh
Loss at New England
And an upset somewhere, I don't know which team.

Every year for the past five years, the Bengals win/loss ratio has been better than the year before, no reason to believe it won't be better this year than last. The Bengals could go 12-3-1 this year and it will be better than last year but I'm saying 13-3.
Reply/Quote
@ Jets -- agree we win

@ Pitt L this will be tough- L

Denver W--but will be tight

Miami W -get Burfict back

@ Dallas W-im not scared of them. We've had a good run against NFC in past few years

@ NE L-- the Brady mystique

Cleveland W- me & some buddies could prob pull this out

Washington W

@ Giants L

Bills W

@ Ravens L

Eagles W

@ Browns W

Pitt L (See game 2)

@ Texans L

Ravens W

**10-6; after last year I quit thinking we can beat Pittsburgh but no problems with rest of division. I like our depth. Big wild card not knowing how much Eifert we'll miss. Our D will be stout. But big ??? on Offense
Reply/Quote
13-3, maybe better.
Reply/Quote
@ Jets -- W - The Bengals stun the whole city of New York and leave them shocked on 9/11. And the NY QB search continues...

@ Pitt -- W - As a Squeeler fan tells me, if it is at Pitt, its a coin toss. Bengals squeek it out.

Denver -- W - The Bengals defense hold Denver to under 7.

Miami -- W - Gio Bernard goes insane for more than 120+ yards.

@ Dallas -- W - Tony Romo goes down. Bengals continue to be known as "the dirtiest team in the NFL."

@ NE -- W - Brady comes back and he goes Wild - but it is not enough. Brady scores what seems to be the game winning score with less than a minute. Andy and company has other plans.

Cleveland -- W - Hue comes back to Cincinnati - to be completely pounded. Walks into wrong tunnel.

Washington -- W - The game is out of control by the middle of the third quarter. Bengals are leading by 24 and its not even Noon.

@ Giants -- W - Again - another Dalton 4th quarter drive. This time in primetime.

Bills -- W - Sammy Watkins has the game of his career, but it is nothing to AJ Green. Sammy < AJ

@ Ravens -- L - The Bengals are handed their first loss in Baltimore. A healthy Ravens is a scary Ravens.

Eagles -- W - Die Eagles, Die

@ Browns -- L - The Browns are showing potential, and they really proved it here. Hue may turn this team around before 2020.

Pitt -- L - Andy scores a TD to take the lead with less than a minute to go. Burfict and Bengals D make a mistake- rack up a lot of penalties- and Pitt kicks a game winning FG with no time on clock.

@ Texans -- W - Brock just makes too many mistakes for Andy not to capitalize on.

Ravens -- W - Bengals holds control of game for the entire game, winning by 13.

13-3, 1st in the AFC. No wildcard round for us!
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2016, 10:48 PM)Gohards Wrote: @ Jets -- W - The Bengals stun the whole city of New York and leave them shocked on 9/11. And the NY QB search continues...

@ Pitt -- W - As a Squeeler fan tells me, if it is at Pitt, its a coin toss. Bengals squeek it out.

Denver -- W - The Bengals defense hold Denver to under 7.

Miami -- W - Gio Bernard goes insane for more than 120+ yards.

@ Dallas -- W - Tony Romo goes down. Bengals continue to be known as "the dirtiest team in the NFL."

@ NE -- W - Brady comes back and he goes Wild - but it is not enough. Brady scores what seems to be the game winning score with less than a minute. Andy and company has other plans.

Cleveland -- W - Hue comes back to Cincinnati - to be completely pounded. Walks into wrong tunnel.

Washington -- W - The game is out of control by the middle of the third quarter. Bengals are leading by 24 and its not even Noon.

@ Giants -- W - Again - another Dalton 4th quarter drive. This time in primetime.

Bills -- W - Sammy Watkins has the game of his career, but it is nothing to AJ Green. Sammy < AJ

@ Ravens -- L - The Bengals are handed their first loss in Baltimore. A healthy Ravens is a scary Ravens.

Eagles -- W - Die Eagles, Die

@ Browns -- L - The Browns are showing potential, and they really proved it here. Hue may turn this team around before 2020.

Pitt -- L - Andy scores a TD to take the lead with less than a minute to go. Burfict and Bengals D make a mistake- rack up a lot of penalties- and Pitt kicks a game winning FG with no time on clock.

@ Texans -- W - Brock just makes too many mistakes for Andy not to capitalize on.

Ravens -- W - Bengals holds control of game for the entire game, winning by 13.

13-3, 1st in the AFC. No wildcard round for us!

What? Do we have to wait til tomorrow for the box scores?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
9-7

2-3 games could have gone either way.

On a happy note, we win our wild card appearance.

Reply/Quote
We will not lose to Pittsburg in week 2 and we will not lose in week 14 no Martavias Bryant no problem can focus all our attention on ab plus we will sweep our division the only losses I could see is patriots because it will be Brady's first home game back from suspension and the Texans bc well we can never find a way to beat them... So afc north tittle number one seed home field advantage especially if they play kumerow in the redzone
Reply/Quote
Some of these predictions are funny to me....We sit and talk about the players not being motivated and ready to play for prime time and playoffs but our own fan base looks at our schedule and one of the best teams/rosters in the NFL and predict barely over .500 record....That is ridiculous...There is not one game on this schedule that the Bengals should lose....If this is supposedly one of the best teams in the NFL then every game should be predicted as a win...One player out for a game against a specific opponent should not make a difference...One player does not make a team...One player on another team does not make that team unbeatable.....Call me stupid....I will predict nothing less than 12-4....I believe in this TEAM...This is not my Daddy's Bengals...This is one of the top teams in the league....Do you think that the Patriots fans are predicting a 9-7 season? Do you even think that Pittsburgh fans are predicting 9-7?

I see 9-7 as laughable....A a top team in the NFL there should be 8 automatic wins....4 against Cleveland and Baltimore (they are both horrible) and 4 against the NFC East (this division has a .500 record team go to the playoffs every year) Horrible.... Take the rest of the games and there should be nothing less than 4-4 in the other 8 games......

Believe in your team...believe the hype....WHODEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2016, 01:24 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We will not lose to Pittsburg in week 2  and we will not lose in week 14 no Martavias Bryant no problem can focus all our attention on ab plus we will sweep our division the only losses I could see is patriots because it will be Brady's first home game back from suspension and the Texans bc well we can never find a way to beat them...  So afc north tittle number one seed home field advantage especially if they play kumerow in the redzone
We beat the Texans in 2014 22-13 at Houston...
Reply/Quote
Ill keep mine short. I think we've got a great shot at 11+ wins this year. I'll go with 12-4 when its all said and done. Probably lose to Pitt once, NE, then a couple random losses. Wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose in England, to the Cowboys, or any of the prime time games, but overall I expect much more good than bad.

Some other comments, the Cowboys should be solid but i don't think they'll be as good as some here seem to think, potential 4-6 seed in the nfc.
The Ravens are horribly overrated, they will be 9-7 at best and probably closer to 6-10. People keep blaming injuries for last year but they weren't good when healthy. Plus Flacco, smith, etc all coming off injury I think a lot of people's favorite turn around pick this year will severely disappoint.
Reply/Quote
11-5 if Dalton stays healthy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
14-2

Loss at Pitt and NE

First round bye in playoffs.
Reply/Quote