Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Easiest Prediction Of All Time
(04-13-2016, 11:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People thought teams like the Denver Broncos and Golden State Warriors were crazy for firing their former head coaches when they kept advancing in the postseason but not winning it all. Broncos fired John Fox and got Gary Kubiak. Golden State fired Mark Jackson and hired Steve Kerr. Both teams have since won it all after these head coaching changes the very next year.

The problem that began in the 90's has been the FO never went outside to find that really great coach...they liked to promote from within! Right now the assistant-cupboard looks pretty bare which may force the FO to finally look outside the city limits for a coach. Just sayin...if they continue in that mode we will never see the VL trophy in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is where you lost touch with reality.

You are wrong.  We win a playoff game this year.

Don'tknow why people like Godfather think they can see into the future when they have been proven wrong themselves so many times before.  I hav eseen all of the haters around here repeatedly say that we would be worse next season only to be rpoven wrong againg and again.  Then they try to act like they can see into the future.

What a joke.

Not only repeatedly be wrong but disappear. It's awesome to only see them in the game day thread chicken little everything. Then evaporate when they win.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We win a playoff game this year.

Hmm, if you can show me proof that you correctly predicted we'd lose 5 playoff games in a row I might give this prediction enough merit to change my mind.  Hell, show me that you knew we'd lose to the Chargers alone, and I'll believe!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 08:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your argument would merit if you were forced to eat those beets every day, year after year...

Is anyone holding a gun to your head forcing you to be a Bengals fan? I'm guessing not.
Hey, it's your choice to gripe about Lewis all day long if you want. It's not going to get Marvin fired though.
5 straight seasons with winning records isn't chicken feed and few head coaches do it. It's not AS IF there are 1000 head coaches in the league who can boast 5 straight winning seasons and even fewer who have 5 straight winning seasons with a super bowl win or even playoff wins to go with it.
Lewis isn't the greatest coach of all time, far from it, but he's not a bottom feeder among coaches either.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 03:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: 5 straight seasons with winning records isn't chicken feed and few head coaches do it. It's not AS IF there are 1000 head coaches in the league who can boast 5 straight winning seasons and even fewer who have 5 straight winning seasons with a super bowl win or even playoff wins to go with it.
Lewis isn't the greatest coach of all time, far from it, but he's not a bottom feeder among coaches either.

By the second week of January he's sitting on the same couch with all those other coaches, so whats the difference?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 01:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, if you can show me proof that you correctly predicted we'd lose 5 playoff games in a row I might give this prediction enough merit to change my mind.  Hell, show me that you knew we'd lose to the Chargers alone, and I'll believe!

My predictions have been closer to correct than those who predict we will slip backwards every year.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 04:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: By the second week of January he's sitting on the same couch with all those other coaches, so whats the difference?

The difference is winning is better than losing, and every single member here who claims the regular season does not matter comes here and bitches after regular season losses.

Just a bunch of hypocrites.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The difference is winning is better than losing, and every single member here who claims the regular season does not matter comes here and bitches after regular season losses.

Just a bunch of hypocrites.

The difference is if every single member here was taking the stance you are, then you would be taking the opposite view and start studying the percentages to prove your point! 

Its as predictable as Mike Brown resigning Lewis every year...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 04:36 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Think about that... how in the hell do you get a two year extension after going 3-13?  There is ludicrous, and then there is that...

Here's the article I found talking about the extension: http://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/30/sports/sports-people-nfl-bengals-give-shula-a-2-year-contract.html

Quote:MIKE BROWN, Cincinnati's vice president and general manager, said, "He has done a good job under trying circumstances, and I'm confident he can shape the Bengals into a winner in the near future."

Whatever

(04-13-2016, 04:45 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's not just that he got an extension after 3-13. It's that he got hired in the first place. Outside of his last name, he had nothing to show that he earned a HC job. He was OC for the Cowboys for Jerry Jones first two seasons, where they went 8-24.

I think the fact that he was the son of a famous football coach (like Mike Brown) and played football at Dartmouth (like Mike Brown) probably earned him some points.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My predictions have been closer to correct than those who predict we will slip backwards every year.

I don't listen to them, either.
Reply/Quote