Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real reason why Hue left
(04-11-2016, 07:49 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-coach-hue-jackson-sticks-with-plan-to-call-plays-completes-offensive-coaching-staff-welcomes-defensive-coordinator-ray-horton-1.656652

When I read that I thought they were moving away from the analytics stuff (basically it says Hue is going to be the offensive signal caller). I don't see how you can manage a team, manage your staff, come up with an offensive gameplan, call plays AND base those plays off of data. A HC only has 168 in a week. Take a third out for sleeping and eating, and he's got 100 hours each week to make sure all his staff is doing what they're doing, meet with players and help develop them, come up with a plan and try to base that plan off the analytics reports.

That's going to be rough.

I thought the analytics was just going to be used for personnel decisions (draft/FA). If they use it for game planning and Hue is calling plays (plus all of his other duties), yeah that could get messy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 08:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought the analytics was just going to be used for personnel decisions (draft/FA). If they use it for game planning and Hue is calling plays (plus all of his other duties), yeah that could get messy.

Ah, I may have misunderstood that. I thought they were going to use it in game, as far as personnel decisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 12:23 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This makes no sense because Jackson becoming Head Coach would have happened and Jackson is a fool for leaving.

We all know how Mike Brown is and we all know Mike Brown wasn't going to agree to anything because it takes leverage away from the organization.

Hue Jackson, in two years time, would be inheriting a Super Bowl caliber team but rather than wait two years for Marvin Lewis to get to the big game or win a ring, he decides he will go to Cleveland and try to build a team?

I guess there's something to building a Championship caliber team from scratch, because that is what's going on in Cleveland, rather than having the team handed to you. Maybe Jackson wants to build his own team so people don't say, "He won only because Marvin Lewis built the team", I don't know. Mike Tomlin gets that criticism and maybe Jackson doesn't want it.

Imagine though, Hue Jackson building a team and taking that team to the Super Bowl and winning in 5 or 6 years. That will make Hue Jackson an automatic HoF Coach right there if Cleveland gives him that time to do it.

I would have rather had Vance Joseph though so maybe in two years, he will be the coach. He'll get some more expierience, I can't remember where he went, and in two years, the Bengals will come knocking.

I imagine he will bring stability and make improvements, BUT building a championship team? Bellichick couldn't do that there, or they booted him before he got that far. Brown would rather have Guenther, less name recognition, and therefore MUCH cheaper. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2016, 07:49 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-coach-hue-jackson-sticks-with-plan-to-call-plays-completes-offensive-coaching-staff-welcomes-defensive-coordinator-ray-horton-1.656652

When I read that I thought they were moving away from the analytics stuff (basically it says Hue is going to be the offensive signal caller). I don't see how you can manage a team, manage your staff, come up with an offensive gameplan, call plays AND base those plays off of data. A HC only has 168 in a week. Take a third out for sleeping and eating, and he's got 100 hours each week to make sure all his staff is doing what they're doing, meet with players and help develop them, come up with a plan and try to base that plan off the analytics reports.

That's going to be rough.

What's to analyze?  They selected no less than 4 busts in the first rounds in the past 4 years and their only talented player would rather smoke weed than play football.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 04:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: He made the right decision.

For benefit of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 09:29 PM)tlotharw Wrote: For benefit of the Bengals.

Yea, our offense stunk last year.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 11:58 PM)Football Bender Wrote: http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25548212/heres-why-hue-jackson-left-the-bengals-to-take-the-browns-job

Has anyone read this??  Marvin wanted to groom Hue for the HC job for the Bengals and give him the keys in two years.  Mike Brown couldn't guarantee it because that's too far down the road.  So Hue takes his stuff and heads over to the rival to prove a point??  Interesting and disappointing at the same time.

Son of Paul strikes again......he just loves to kick us fans in the junk....."it's the gift that gives the whole year through Clark".

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 10:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Son of Paul strikes again......he just loves to kick us fans in the junk....."it's the gift that gives the whole year through Clark".

Marvin and Mikey are just like a ho-hum couple that may as well stick it out because neither one wants to go through the trouble of courting someone new.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 10:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Son of Paul strikes again......he just loves to kick us fans in the junk....."it's the gift that gives the whole year through Clark".

If Mike Brown had given Marvin a 2 year extension you would have made the exact same post.

It doesn't matter what choice Mike Brown makes you whine and cry.

This is pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't matter what choice Mike Brown makes you whine and cry.

Has Mike Brown made a lot of different choices lately that I missed?  It seems like he re-ups Marvin every so often and the biggest overhaul the organization had was entirely initiated by Marvin and Palmer in response to Mike Brown NOT making changes in any sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Has Mike Brown made a lot of different choices lately that I missed? 

In this case Wyche was crying about Mike Brown NOT giving Marvin a 2 year extension.

Wyche would also have cried if Mike had given Marvin a 2 year extension.

So it didn't matter which choice Mike made Wyche would still have been bawling about it.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In this case Wyche was crying about Mike Brown NOT giving Marvin a 2 year extension.

Wyche would also have cried if Mike had given Marvin a 2 year extension.

So it didn't matter which choice Mike made Wyche would still have been bawling about it.

No....actually it was about the lack of foresight regarding Hue Jackson as an excellent replacement for Marvin when he decides to hang it up.  However, continue with totally incorrect conjecture.....it's quite entertaining to watch such epic and exponentially pathetic failure.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: No....actually it was about the lack of foresight regarding Hue Jackson as an excellent replacement for Marvin when he decides to hang it up.  However, continue with totally incorrect conjecture.....it's quite entertaining to watch such epic and exponentially pathetic failure.

Are you seriously trying to claim that you would not have been shrieking and squealing if it was announced that Marvin got a two year extension?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin and Mikey are just like a ho-hum couple that may as well stick it out because neither one wants to go through the trouble of courting someone new.

Sure as shit seems that way....

(04-14-2016, 11:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Has Mike Brown made a lot of different choices lately that I missed?  It seems like he re-ups Marvin every so often and the biggest overhaul the organization had was entirely initiated by Marvin and Palmer in response to Mike Brown NOT making changes in any sense.

Right.  Son of Paul has made some horrible choices, and some that are absolutely abhorrent.....yet some kiss the dog turds he steps in around here.  Go figure..... WTF

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you seriously trying to claim that you would not have been shrieking and squealing if it was announced that Marvin got a two year extension?

First of all, I don't shriek or squeal, I merely express an opinion.....the entire premise of a message board.  Secondly, if I knew it was to keep Hue Jackson (or even Mike Zimmer beforehand) on board, no, I wouldn't have.  In the case of Hue Jackson, we would have known that was the case because it was reported that Marvin tried to counter Cleveland's offer, if Hue stays, we know what's coming.....your memory is worse than mine.  Now, we know that dumbass Mike Clown overruled Marv, much like the Chris Henry episode.....making it an even bigger fail. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 11:29 AM)GodFather Wrote: Hue answered that question in an interview why he left. It was pretty clear:

"I wanted to know what it felt like to win a playoff game"

Lol so he went to the Browns. Thats like hopping off the Cruise ship that has a faucet leak and on to the Titantic.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: First of all, I don't shriek or squeal, I merely express an opinion.....the entire premise of a message board.  Secondly, if I knew it was to keep Hue Jackson (or even Mike Zimmer beforehand) on board, no, I wouldn't have.  In the case of Hue Jackson, we would have known that was the case because it was reported that Marvin tried to counter Cleveland's offer, if Hue stays, we know what's coming.....your memory is worse than mine.  Now, we know that dumbass Mike Clown overruled Marv, much like the Chris Henry episode.....making it an even bigger fail. ThumbsUp

Hue Jackson is a worse head coach then Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hue Jackson is a worse head coach then Marvin Lewis.

I'd say at least equal.  Weren't both 8-8 in their inaugural season?  So far, that is Hue's ONLY season, and that was also an awful team he took over.  Hue strikes me as an aggressive type, whereas Marvin is way too passive....just my opinion.  Hue is definitely more offensive minded, and really helped elevate Andy's game.  I'd take my chances on him replacing Marv versus Guenther or freakin Zampese.

Reply/Quote