Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017-18 Season, 2 keys, and 1 step up in each phase of the game
(06-14-2017, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, no one could say the Bengals didn't do everything they could (short of replacing them) to help.

More weapons on offense and a vertical threat like Ross to keep safeties back of the LOS.  A powerful running back that can also catch and help in blitz pick up.  A healthy FB/HB in Hewitt back 100%.  They have stood behind them as the RT and LT of the future heading in to mini-camps.  No one is pushing them out of the job.  It is sink or swim at this point.  I really believe that a full offseason of good health, and the aforementioned additions, that they will swim and swim well.  

Lap has been saying that they look better and expects them both to show this season.  And it sounds like they both toughened up in the off season, especially Og. 

I know it's a little early to be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I might just be taking a snort or two with a straw...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who needs to step up on offense? Ken Zampese. You will rarely see me call out any coach but if they split the tackles out wide 3 times in game 1 we are gonna be in for a long season...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've thought that Dielman was an interesting selection.  Though I admit that I haven't really watched him play, from what I've read, he was doing very well at Center the five games before the injury.

I watched him play a few times, he was the best all around lineman on that Utah front.

Better than Asiata cause he is also good in pass protection. Very versatile JJ is.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 02:01 PM)3wt Wrote: Lap has been saying that they look better and expects them both to show this season.  And it sounds like they both toughened up in the off season, especially Og. 

I know it's a little early to be drinking the Kool-Aid, but I might just be taking a snort or two with a straw...

I like hearing this from Lap, he knows his lineman. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like hearing this from Lap, he knows his lineman. :andy:

Agreed.  He had no problem ripping Og last season.  He calls it like he sees it, so this gave me some hope.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 02:12 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.  He had no problem ripping Og last season.  He calls it like he sees it, so this gave me some hope.

For sure, just read on bengals.com from Lap that Lawson has been really giving everybody problems, the only one
giving him a run for his money is Ced. This tells me that he can handle the shorter, speed rushers that gave even Whit
problems. Lawson is extremely physical too, this is also very encouraging.

Obguehi looks much buffer in the pics as well. He could be our comeback player of the year if he plays great.

We will see, but there is no reason right now not to be optimistic with Og and Fisher finally getting an entire offseason
to work at one position. Says Fisher put on 7 more pounds of slate and i saw those pics earlier in the voluntary camp
and the dude looked stacked and in the best shape of any lineman i have ever seen. But Og is pushing that.

We have two really athleticly fit guys at OT, hopefully they are extremely strong this year to boot and have great
techinque to go along with it. I cannot stand PA but these two look much better than last year and having a healthy
Boling next to Ogbuehi and a big bodied run blocker in Andre Smith next to Fisher could really help them out too.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, just read on bengals.com from Lap that Lawson has been really giving everybody problems, the only one
giving him a run for his money is Ced. This tells me that he can handle the shorter, speed rushers that gave even Whit
problems. Lawson is extremely physical too, this is also very encouraging.

Obguehi looks much buffer in the pics as well. He could be our comeback player of the year if he plays great.

We will see, but there is no reason right now not to be optimistic with Og and Fisher finally getting an entire offseason
to work at one position. Says Fisher put on 7 more pounds of slate and i saw those pics earlier in the voluntary camp
and the dude looked stacked and in the best shape of any lineman i have ever seen. But Og is pushing that.

We have two really athleticly fit guys at OT, hopefully they are extremely strong this year to boot and have great
techinque to go along with it. I cannot stand PA but these two look much better than last year and having a healthy
Boling next to Ogbuehi and a big bodied run blocker in Andre Smith next to Fisher could really help them out too.

I'd eat crow, wear a hair shirt and send Alexander a birthday card if those two pan out as good as he thought they were going to.  

And sleep well after doing it.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2017, 05:59 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd eat crow, wear a hair shirt and send Alexander a birthday card if those two pan out as good as he thought they were going to.  

And sleep well after doing it.

Lol, hair shirt. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've thought that Dielman was an interesting selection.  Though I admit that I haven't really watched him play, from what I've read, he was doing very well at Center the five games before the injury.

For some unexplained reason, I have a hunch that Dielman will have a positive impact on this team. In what form, I have no idea. Maybe it is only my overdeveloped sense of HOPE. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 06:46 PM)Derrick Wrote: For some unexplained reason, I have a hunch that Dielman will have a positive impact on this team. In what form, I have no idea. Maybe it is only my overdeveloped sense of HOPE. ThumbsUp

This would be awesome if it happens.

If we had a good Center our team would be leaps and bounds better.
Reply/Quote