Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Free Agents
1.  Who do you say should get signed, other than Nugent.   Sarcasm
2.  Who do you think Brown will sign, other than Nugent.

1.  Not sure if Whit intends to stay or has another year left.  I would say Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, and Burkhead, maybe Thompson.
2.  I say he signs everyone except Nugent, Winston, Brown, Boykin?, and LaFell.

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34
Domata Peko DT 32
Brandon LaFell WR 30
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27
Kevin Zeitler G 26
Mike Nugent K 34
Eric Winston RT 33
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Margus Hunt DE 29
Wallace Gilberry DE 31
Brandon Thompson DT 27
Chykie Brown CB 29
Brandon Boykin CB 26
Rex Burkhead RB 26
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Who do you say should get signed, other than Nugent.   Sarcasm

1.  Not sure if Whit intends to stay or has another year left.  I would say Kirkpatrick, Zeitler, and Burkhead, maybe Thompson.

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34
Domata Peko DT 32  NO
Brandon LaFell WR 30 ?
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27
Kevin Zeitler G 26
Mike Nugent K 34 NO
Eric Winston RT 33
Cedric Peerman RB 30 ?
Margus Hunt DE 29 NO
Wallace Gilberry DE 31
Brandon Thompson DT 27
Chykie Brown CB 29 NO
Brandon Boykin CB 26 WHO?
Rex Burkhead RB 26
Any chance that Whitt opts for a year or two with a SB-likely team (or any other FA for that matter) ?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 07:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Who do you say should get signed, other than Nugent.   Sarcasm

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34  No choice, you have to.  Still the best olineman on the team
Domata Peko DT 32          No.  
Brandon LaFell WR 30      Yes. short term deal
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27        Yes, no choice.  No one else behind him who has proven they can start.
Kevin Zeitler G 26             Yes, again no choice. 2nd best olineman.
Mike Nugent K 34             No.  
Eric Winston RT 33           No.  
Cedric Peerman RB 30      No.  
Margus Hunt DE 29           No.  
Wallace Gilberry DE 31        No.  
Brandon Thompson DT 27  No.  
Chykie Brown CB 29            No.  
Brandon Boykin CB 26       On the Bears roster. But if his hip is healed, then bring him in.  He's very good.
Rex Burkhead RB 26          Yes.

Reply is in bold beside name.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Main ones to me would be

Kirkpatrick
Whit
Zeitler
Peerman

The rest only if the price is right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Whit's showing his age too. Frankly Kirkpatrick and Zeitler are the priorities. Hopefully you can afford to sign both. After that, you hope to keep Lafell because he's been productive. Burkhead should still be cheap so that's an easy one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hunt get re-signed for cheap. I say this even understanding that we're drafting in a place in the 1st round that has some very good DEs. Maybe Michael Johnson is cut to save cap though he has a lot of dead money. The other option is he becomes more of a DE-LB. We saw him doing good things dropping back into coverage Sunday. Brandon Thompson might be someone they let test the free market then bring back if the price is right.

Reply/Quote
Dre should be the only priority. Big Whit because we blew the 2015 draft. Those are the only two.

We do have options when it comes to Zeitler. If Westerman can't take his spot, then we need to get something out of Fisher before he becomes a free agent and we don't get anything out of yet another 2nd round pick. Z can be replaced.

Westerman looked good in the preseason, but without any change he'll never get a shot on the oline. Pre Draft had him comparable to Mack. As a center. Yet again with Marvin loyal to vets he won't get a shot there either.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick is the only one I'd be worried about making a priority.

Reply/Quote
We need to resign Whit and Big Z along with Swag. That allows us to draft DL and OL (Center for one).

What we really need to do (but won't) is actually play in Free Agency this time and get a competent Center and Right Tackle. Also a new OL coach who will coach our linemen to actually get low and fire off properly into their defenders.
Reply/Quote
I personally think both Zeitler and Kirkpatrick will test free agency, and would not be surprised to lose them both. Whitworth is interesting because he is still the best lineman on the team, but will be 35 next season. I would say you bring him back on a two year deal, assuming he still wants to play.
Reply/Quote
100% resign
burkehead
zeitler (PAY THE MAN)
whitworth (MAKE HIM RETIRE WHERE HE SHOULD)

maybe if they are cheap
peerman
dkp

rest if they are really cheap
Reply/Quote

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34
Domata Peko DT 32
Brandon LaFell WR 30
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27
Kevin Zeitler G 26
Mike Nugent K 34
Eric Winston RT 33
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Margus Hunt DE 29
Wallace Gilberry DE 31
Brandon Thompson DT 27
Chykie Brown CB 29
Brandon Boykin CB 26
Rex Burkhead RB 26
I'd look to resign:
Whit to a 1 year deal 
Lafell to a 1-2 year deal
Kirk to a 2-3 year deal
Zeitler to a 4-5 year deal
Winston(maybe) 1 year deal
Hunt(maybe) 1 year deal
Boykin 1-2 year deal
Burkhead 2-3 year deal and give him some meaningful snaps.
Reply/Quote

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34
Domata Peko DT 32
Brandon LaFell WR 30
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27
Kevin Zeitler G 26
Mike Nugent K 34
Eric Winston RT 33
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Margus Hunt DE 29
Wallace Gilberry DE 31
Brandon Thompson DT 27
Chykie Brown CB 29
Brandon Boykin CB 26
Rex Burkhead RB 26

My choices in bold.  Bengals have 4 compensatory picks (2 additional 4th rounders and 2 additional 6th rounders).  Maybe they parlay a few late picks in to a fourth 4th rounder, but there are a lot of "nuts and bolts" pieces that are old and tired and need replaced.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 09:24 AM)Crowe Wrote: I'd look to resign:
Whit to a 1 year deal 
Lafell to a 1-2 year deal
Kirk to a 2-3 year deal
Zeitler to a 4-5 year deal
Winston(maybe) 1 year deal
Hunt(maybe) 1 year deal
Boykin 1-2 year deal
Burkhead 2-3 year deal and give him some meaningful snaps.

Kirk will be looking for a long-term deal, and he has earned it.  He's not the best tackler, but the coverage with this lack of pass rush is very good.  
Reply/Quote
I'm not entirely sold on Zeitler. It's funny, the offensive line is something we all complain about but we are hoping they re-sign both Whit and Zeitler.
I would re-sign Kirkpatrick and Burkhead to long-term deals.
LaFell, Hunt and Thompson to a one year deal.
Everyone else can go.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Kirk will be looking for a long-term deal, and he has earned it.  He's not the best tackler, but the coverage with this lack of pass rush is very good.  

He's been much better this year. I think the thing that hurts him is his inconsistencies. He'll get a multiyear deal, but I'm willing to bet it won't break the bank so I'd be ok giving him anywhere from a 3- 5 year deal as long as he can remain healthy and not regress.
Reply/Quote

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34
Domata Peko DT 32
Brandon LaFell WR 30
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27
Kevin Zeitler G 26
Mike Nugent K 34
Eric Winston RT 33
Cedric Peerman RB 30
Margus Hunt DE 29
Wallace Gilberry DE 31
Brandon Thompson DT 27
Chykie Brown CB 29
Brandon Boykin CB 26
Rex Burkhead RB 26
This is a good post.  I never know where to find these contract things that are correct.  I was just looking at CBS Draft Prospects and I do not like the Top 5 for us.  You are right.  Who do we keep ? .......Then, what free agents do we add ? .....and then the draft......I'm going to streamline this......Kirkpatrick and Zeitler MUST BE KEPT due to top draft picks and still in their 20's. .....I would NOT try to resign any of the rest.  I repeat, I would NOT try to resign any of the rest. .......The rest suffer from getting old or some youth of questionable ability including Burkhead who is way over rated on these posts....The Bengals always resign too many stiffs and let the best leave. I would do the opposite keeping the draft picks Kirkpatrick and Zeitler. I would not scuttle that years draft. .....The combined money of letting the others go is massive. It is the large amount of money needed to try to get to the Super Bowl ASAP with AJ Green, Atkins and Dunlap. .....So I would resign only two, and then look to adding free agents and draft picks. This team will win 3 or 4 games this year and it is time to fill the holes on this team. ...Hopefully the drafted Offensive Tackles develop. We need to add more talent to the O line.....We are in dire need of a top pick LB because we have avoided drafting one way too many years.....Burkhead NEVER will be any NFL teams star RB and I feel him and Peerman are a dime a dozen.  College turns out many RBs as good as these stiffs every year, many undrafted. 

So good post of names.....and I say only keep Kirkpatrick and Zeitler due to age and talent.....and take the money of the others and run.  Use this money to get back in the play-off hunt after this 3 or 4 win season.   We have a decent defense and could use drafting a LB, but we have a decent defense.....We have some offensive weapons but the O line needs a kick in the pants. Zeitler must be kept.  The drafted Tackles developed. Linemen drafted. Hopefully a free agent from another team. WE NEED BLOCKING.   

I will add the Offensive Coordinator is awful.  I do not see us winning with him.  Many want Coach Lewis fired.  Look, if he was fired, and new coach is going to get rid of the old players and all the coach and fan favorite stiffs anyway.....NOW is the time to keep Kirkpatrick and Zeitler and use the money of the others to quickly rebuild. ....Sadly Whitworth and Peko are getting old. Their blocking and tackling skills on the decline only to get worse with age. Those contracts alone create large money to get top talent. They were Great Bengals and it is hard to say it is time to move on, but it is time to move on. This 3 or 4 win season demands it. We have the defense to be a power in 2017 with the right moves.

I keep Zeitler because he is the best offensive lineman we have now.....I keep Kirkpatrick because he is the best CB we have now....As for Dennard and Jackson, I hope they develop...If any CB is the odd man out, it is Pacman Jones of age and declining skills....I'll add that I would draft an Alabama Linebacker in Round One. I would solve that problem quick and fast and then devote the rest of the draft to mostly the problems of this awful offense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34 Yes, 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option.  Let him retire a Bengal
Domata Peko DT 32 No
Brandon LaFell WR 30 No, it's time for a youth movement at #2,3,4WR (Boyd, Wright, Core)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27 Yes, should be a priority
Kevin Zeitler G 26 Yes, should be another priority.  With a better C and RT he can focus on his job and not try to cover for them
Mike Nugent K 34 NO!
Eric Winston RT 33 No, but I can see them resigning him during camp for depth
Cedric Peerman RB 30 Yes just because they love him
Margus Hunt DE 29 Yes on a short term cheap deal.  They have no DE depth
Wallace Gilberry DE 31 No
Brandon Thompson DT 27 No, can't stay healthy
Chykie Brown CB 29 Only if someone gets hurt during camp
Brandon Boykin CB 26 Yes if he is in fact available
Rex Burkhead RB 26 Yes, should be cheap and eventual replacement for Peerman

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
I really don't get why people think Margus Hunt should be re-signed. He's not really done anything except block a couple of kicks. As others have said, the Bengals need DE depth. The problem is Hunt isn't good DE depth. He's strictly a decent ST player. That's it.

Let Hunt walk and get a new DE in the offseason that could actually contribute something worthwhile on defense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 11:34 AM)TheWhoDeyKid Wrote: 2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34 Yes, 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option.  Let him retire a Bengal
Domata Peko DT 32 No
Brandon LaFell WR 30 No, it's time for a youth movement at #2,3,4WR (Boyd, Wright, Core)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27 Yes, should be a priority
Kevin Zeitler G 26 Yes, should be another priority.  With a better C and RT he can focus on his job and not try to cover for them
Mike Nugent K 34 NO!
Eric Winston RT 33 No, but I can see them resigning him during camp for depth
Cedric Peerman RB 30 Yes just because they love him
Margus Hunt DE 29 Yes on a short term cheap deal.  They have no DE depth
Wallace Gilberry DE 31 No
Brandon Thompson DT 27 No, can't stay healthy
Chykie Brown CB 29 Only if someone gets hurt during camp
Brandon Boykin CB 26 Yes if he is in fact available
Rex Burkhead RB 26 Yes, should be cheap and eventual replacement for Peerman
We agree that keeping Kirkpatrick and Zeitler are top priority. .....I am for dumping the rest and you have more loyalty to a couple.....I fear the Bengals will lose Kirpatrick or Zeitler or both and maybe why they drafted Dennard and Jackson.  The Bengals are known for letting their better players leave and resigning the sludge and the mud.  We agree they should not do this. ....I can almost agree with Whitworth back because he also can play guard if these drafted tackles develop. ...We agree Kirkpatrick and Zeitler must be kept......Are both their contracts over at years end, because I can see Bengals Franchise Tagging one and letting one go....Bengals are bad at not resigning CBs.  They are very stupid in their history on this.  Parrish, Joseph....Letting Hall and Kirkpatrick leave back to back years is this stupid franchise all over the place. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

2017 Free Agents
Andrew Whitworth LT 34 Yes, even though he's older best lineman we have
Domata Peko DT 32 Heck no...he's worthless 
Brandon LaFell WR 30 Nah, I'm good...
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 27 Yes he's been looking decent 
Kevin Zeitler G 26 Yes
Mike Nugent K 34 Nope, goodbye 
Eric Winston RT 33 Yes
Cedric Peerman RB 30 Yes
Margus Hunt DE 29 No
Wallace Gilberry DE 31 Yes
Brandon Thompson DT 27 Yes