Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Team Slogan
We all know that Marvin comes out with a slogan for each season. Here's this year's slogan.

https://twitter.com/Local12Skinny/status/890601822490177536
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Translation: fart early, and fart often. Or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought it would be something inspiring and memorable like

"Fifty is Nifty"!

In all seriousness, that is an astonishingly embarrassing "slogan". I hope that's just a joke...

That's the most embarrassing thing the team has come up with since monkeys riding on dogs
Reply/Quote
You know, Marvin sure likes to preach variants of "Do your job!" He needs to look in the mirror when he says it because he's often at fault for not doing a good job. He should be held to the same "slogan" as the players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
But what if I'm one of those fancy new electric models?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 05:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know, Marvin sure likes to preach variants of "Do your job!" He needs to look in the mirror when he says it because he's often at fault for not doing a good job. He should be held to the same "slogan" as the players.

It is downright hypocritical but this one is laughable too.

Dude has to go after this season even if we win the SB.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is being literal with this one. He doesn't want anyone borrowing gas money or anything.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 05:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: But what if I'm one of those fancy new electric models?

Tesla Model 3 please!

[Image: section-initial-touch.jpg?20170719]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 04:54 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I thought it would be something inspiring and memorable like

"Fifty is Nifty"!

In all seriousness, that is an astonishingly embarrassing "slogan". I hope that's just a joke...

That's the most embarrassing thing the team has come up with since monkeys riding on dogs

Hey man, those monkeys did their job though Pat, gotta admit.
Reply/Quote
Does he even know how much the price of gas is?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn.

I was hoping for "Use the clock and time outs effectively at the end of every half."

I think Marv kissed the baby with this one.
Reply/Quote
"Run on your own gas"?

Meh, I guess it's better than "Why can't we be friends?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"Run on your own gas"..... What???

Sounds like he's saying "You are all on your own - every man for himself".
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, those monkeys did their job though Pat, gotta admit.

Did they? From where I was sitting, the dogs did their job. The monkeys were just along for the ride, those freeloading bastids  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Will wait to look for context of the words before slamming the quote.

Perhaps it means that you should not look for anyone else to give you a ride

Perhaps it points to fitness and running out of gas late in a game and/or season
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Will wait to look for context of the words before slamming the quote.

Perhaps it means that you should not look for anyone else to give you a ride

Perhaps it points to fitness and running out of gas late in a game and/or season

Perhaps Mike Brown is about to announce that those spoiled millionaires he has playing for him are going to have to man up and start chipping in for the costs associated with transporting their over-paid assess all over the country!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 06:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Did they? From where I was sitting, the dogs did their job. The monkeys were just along for the ride, those freeloading bastids  Hilarious

Freeloading bastid monkeys Whatever
Reply/Quote
How about "Lets kick the Steelers in the nuts, Ready brake."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps Mike Brown is about to announce that those spoiled millionaires he has playing for him are going to have to man up and start chipping in for the costs associated with transporting their over-paid assess all over the country!

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps Mike Brown is about to announce that those spoiled millionaires he has playing for him are going to have to man up and start chipping in for the costs associated with transporting their over-paid assess all over the country!

Don't give him any ideas. I'm surprised he hasn't started charging for the bag of peanuts, half a soda, tiny blanket, and pillow,yet. This is the guy who rented TVs to the players at training camp during Hard Knocks.

Next year, maybe the slogan can be a picture of Arthur Fonzarelli water ski jumping over Marvin?
Reply/Quote