Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 draft
(12-21-2016, 10:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I like him better too......at least Cook won't be sitting out his bowl game and abandoning his teammates.  That's Bush League.

Fournette has been dealing with an ankle injury. That's the reason he's sitting out. The "abandoning his teammates" thing is just a lazy narrative. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2016, 05:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's also not a free safety - he's a strong safety.

I can't see a scenario where I would want him in the top 10 if I'm the Bengals.  I can't actually see drafting safety in the first round if I'm the Bengals either.

(12-21-2016, 07:09 PM)blt4584 Wrote: Fournette has been dealing with an ankle injury. That's the reason he's sitting out. The "abandoning his teammates" thing is just a lazy narrative. 

Didn't stop him from playing against Florida when he got pissed. And didn't he say he wasn't playing BBC he wanted to prepare for NFL draft? He said he talked to his coach and they agreed same as mccaffrey.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 08:03 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Didn't stop him from playing against Florida when he got pissed. And didn't he say he wasn't playing BBC he wanted to prepare for NFL draft? He said he talked to his coach and they agreed same as mccaffrey.

It was dumb of him to get mad and play and it was dumb of the coaching staff to let him. To be honest, him playing with that injury probably hurt the team, especially with the way Guice played this season. Maybe they talked about that and it influenced the decision for the bowl game. None of us were invited to the meeting, so none of us know what was actually said.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 08:41 PM)blt4584 Wrote: It was dumb of him to get mad and play and it was dumb of the coaching staff to let him. To be honest, him playing with that injury probably hurt the team, especially with the way Guice played this season. Maybe they talked about that and it influenced the decision for the bowl game. None of us were invited to the meeting, so none of us know what was actually said.

That's true. I honestly would not want him if he fell to us anyway. He has had those ankle injuries. Now if mccafery fell to the third... dream scenario
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 01:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: That's true. I honestly would not want him if he fell to us anyway. He has had those ankle injuries. Now if mccafery fell to the third... dream scenario
To be honest, if we wanted another LSU back, I would wait for Guice to come out next year. I actually like Fournette, but I also think we have bigger needs in the 1st than another RB.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, the Steelers aren't anything special and we could of beat them in their place the first time around if they
didn't have the refs in their pockets. I know they have Bell back and Ladarius Green might hurt us a bit but i
think our Defense will be pumped after Bell's comments. Our Defense gives Pitt problems, especially Ben.

The Texans Offense is terrible and our Defense has been playing much better lately.

The Texans coach isn't Kubiak either who Marv always had a tough time coaching against.

We should beat the Ravens in our place.

You could be right but i see us winning out and picking in the middle of the first.

Looks like you were right Hammerstripes and i was completely wrong.

We might beat the Ravens now, doubt we beat the Texans with Burfict out.

Top 10 pick is looking very likely.

(12-21-2016, 10:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I like him better too......at least Cook won't be sitting out his bowl game and abandoning his teammates.  That's Bush League.

And Fournette was injured this year and i find Dalvin Cook to be a better RB all the way around...
Reply/Quote

Lane Kiffin abandons another team once again. 
Reply/Quote