Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 offensive Rookie of the yr
i'm going w/ Mixon....
2nd choice was Ross....

pretty nice though when we have 2 different Rookies that could win this award....
    ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2017, 08:23 PM)Steve Wrote: i'm going w/ Mixon....
2nd choice was Ross....

pretty nice though when we have 2 different Rookies that could win this award....
    ThumbsUp

I agree with your pick. Mixon already can pick up the blitz and the RB position is a big question mark with all our guys.

Gio coming off injury and never being the same since the Shazier hit...

Hill having an identity crisis... Peerman is a great ST'er but is getting up there in age...

Ross will have a big time effect on this Offense but not as much as a talented RB this year.

Brandon Wilson might be a dark horse here on Special Teams, dude seriously blew me away watching his tape.
Reply/Quote
If Watson leads the Texans to playoffs then it will be him.

All he has to do is be a game manager!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leonard fournette. Easiest path to starting job outta the gate and tons of opportunities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Corey Davis has a great opportunity in Tennessee given their lack of receiving threats behind Delanie Walker.
Dalvin Cook and Joe Mixon have great chances too.
Mike Williams and John Ross will have a tougher time because they won't be the top WRs on their depth charts.
Fournette could easily take it if the Jags can get a lead early and their defense steps up, but I'm banking on more of the same from them in playing from behind and throwing a decent amount still.
OJ Howard or David Njoku could be dark horses if their QBs form a rapport with them early.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll give it to our new FG kicker Elliott.  Technically not offensive, but it's still points on the board. Who knows..maybe he'll kick 30 60 yard FGs this year.. I kind of doubt that'll happen, but if it does he gets my vote. 
I think there's a better chance of Burfict accidentally forgetting to suit up and running out on the field in his BVDs.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If it is Mixon, he needs to be roty by a long shot. They will try everything to not give it to him. He will need to have a Zeke like season and not have any other rookie even close to his production. If Watson takes the Texans to the playoffs they would probably give it to him over Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Mixon before Ross. Mixon touches the ball more this year.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
2nd choice was Ross....

ThumbsUp

If either of them snags a majority of the playing time sure they have a shot.

Ross will be splitting time with Boyd and Lafell in some spots

And mixon has Hill and gio to contend with.

If either has the stats to win despite that it will be a great season indeed.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 09:45 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: If it is Mixon, he needs to be roty by a long shot. They will try everything to not give it to him. He will need to have a Zeke like season and not have any other rookie even close to his production. If Watson takes the Texans to the playoffs they would probably give it to him over Mixon.

I think you're right about Mixon having to win in a landslide. I think he has a good chance though. I feel like Ross will have to fight his way past Lafell more than Mixon has to fight past Hill for playing time in the beginning.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Neither Ross or Mixon, it'll be a defensive player.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:05 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Neither Ross or Mixon, it'll be a defensive player.

[Image: picgifs-wut-confused-9590169.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 11:05 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Neither Ross or Mixon, it'll be a defensive player.

Ok, I'll bite.

What defensive player is going to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year?
Reply/Quote
I didn't think Steve was talking about the whole NFL, but guys that wouldn't surprise me are Watson and Fournette.

Dalvin Cook as well. Watson seems to be the one with the best shot since he is the best QB with the least amount of competition behind him.

Fournette is on the Jags and they have some good receivers but Bortles turns it over too much. They should rely more on the running game to
prevent this but as the other poster said they may be playing from behind a lot. I think with us we should have the lead much more so Mixon
might be the safer pick except for the terrible mistake which will haunt him.
Reply/Quote
I gonna go with Corey Davis of Tennessee. Their offense should be explosive and he'll put up some big numbers early in that offense. As for Bengals, gotta go with Mixon who will phase out Jeremy Hill from offense (other than goal line situations) by mid-year.
Reply/Quote
I think Mixon will be good, but I think the OROY will go to a team that had no answer at RB or QB before drafting one.

Trubisky if he wins the starting job and they have an 8 win season, Fournette or Watson are my early front runners.

Mixon still has to contend with sharing carries with Hill and, eventually, Gio.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:28 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: I gonna go with Corey Davis of Tennessee. Their offense should be explosive and he'll put up some big numbers early in that offense.  As for Bengals, gotta go with Mixon who will phase out Jeremy Hill from offense (other than goal line situations) by mid-year.

I didn't list Corey Davis cause i think it will take a year going from the small college to the NFL.

But i think both him and Ross will be studs in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think Mixon will be good, but I think the OROY will go to a team that had no answer at RB or QB before drafting one.

Trubisky if he wins the starting job and they have an 8 win season, Fournette or Watson are my early front runners.

Mixon still has to contend with sharing carries with Hill and, eventually, Gio.

Eh, in the past it seemed we had great competition at RB, now? Not so much with both Hill and Gio's problems.

Like i said, Mixon already knows how to block in the passing game. This is a major deal in rookies starting. Mixon is much
more versatile than Hill and Dalton is already speaking of this. Mixon has ten times better vision than Hill. I honestly find it
more far fetched that Hill with him trying to be something he is not (a scatback) and Gio coming off of injury will start ahead
of this guy. But i could be wrong and Hill might find his true self (a powerback) and Gio will find his inner self and get healthy
and be too much for Mixon to get ahead of early in the season. Could happen but i doubt it.

Mixon has a great shot at starting this year here and it would be the best for this team IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 12:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, in the past it seemed we had great competition at RB, now? Not so much with both Hill and Gio's problems.

Like i said, Mixon already knows how to block in the passing game. This is a major deal in rookies starting. Mixon is much
more versatile than Hill and Dalton is already speaking of this. Mixon has ten times better vision than Hill. I honestly find it
more far fetched that Hill with him trying to be something he is not (a scatback) and Gio coming off of injury will start ahead
of this guy. But i could be wrong and Hill might find his true self (a powerback) and Gio will find his inner self and get healthy
and be too much for Mixon to get ahead of early in the season. Could happen but i doubt it.

Mixon has a great shot at starting this year here and it would be the best for this team IMHO.

I dunno. Marvin has continued to play veterans even when vastly superior rookies/young players are ready to play. The "fisher price package" didn't start full time until 2012 (Dunlap and Atkins drafted in 2010) despite being clearly superior to the entrenched starters such as Geathers, Tank, Sims, Odom and Rucker. They gave all 16 starts to Geathers and he gave them 1 sack haha. They always cited his "reliability" and his "knowledge of the system" despite poor stats.

Then, in 2011, Rucker and Geathers started a total of 24 starts and provided 6.5 sacks. Johnson gave them 6 sacks with only 5 starts and Dunlap 4.5 sacks with only 1 start.

Granted, starts don't tell the whole story, especially in regards to commonly rotated things like slot corner, WR3, TE etc (where the start is given to whatever formation is the first play of the game), but DE and DT are relatively stable in terms of starts vs total snaps.

I expect Mixon and Ross to be the new "fisher price package" that they play far less than they should. Then, the Bengals will continue to start the likes of Hill and Lafell because of their "reliability" and "knowledge of the system."

Mixon will probably average 4 or 5 yards per carry, but only get 5 to 10 carries a game haha. Meanwhile, Hill will be providing a robust 3.2 ypc average and be given 15 to 20 carries per game XD.
Reply/Quote

Seems legit, people consider this pick to be quite offensive.
Reply/Quote