Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 offensive Rookie of the yr
I'm going to go with Christian McCaffrey. The Panthers already have a good team and a very good quarterback who will get McCaffrey the ball.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. Marvin has continued to play veterans even when vastly superior rookies/young players are ready to play. The "fisher price package" didn't start full time until 2012 (Dunlap and Atkins drafted in 2010) despite being clearly superior to the entrenched starters such as Geathers, Tank, Sims, Odom and Rucker. They gave all 16 starts to Geathers and he gave them 1 sack haha. They always cited his "reliability" and his "knowledge of the system" despite poor stats.

Then, in 2011, Rucker and Geathers started a total of 24 starts and provided 6.5 sacks. Johnson gave them 6 sacks with only 5 starts and Dunlap 4.5 sacks with only 1 start.

Granted, starts don't tell the whole story, especially in regards to commonly rotated things like slot corner, WR3, TE etc (where the start is given to whatever formation is the first play of the game), but DE and DT are relatively stable in terms of starts vs total snaps.

I expect Mixon and Ross to be the new "fisher price package" that they play far less than they should. Then, the Bengals will continue to start the likes of Hill and Lafell because of their "reliability" and "knowledge of the system."

Mixon will probably average 4 or 5 yards per carry, but only get 5 to 10 carries a game haha. Meanwhile, Hill will be providing a robust 3.2 ypc average and be given 15 to 20 carries per game XD.

Well CJD, kind of hard to argue with the absolute truth.

Just hoping this shit changes and the coaches can actually evaluate the talent and start the best player opening day. Mellow

You are completely correct though, great post.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm going to go with Christian McCaffrey.  The Panthers already have a good team and a very good quarterback who will get McCaffrey the ball.

Good one, could see this for sure. How could i forget about McCaffrey? Nervous
Reply/Quote
I think it'll come down to Watson or Fournette.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Mike Williams WR SD.
no one else worthy of throwing it to that can be counted on for a full season.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 05:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm going with Mike Williams WR SD.
no one else worthy of throwing it to that can be counted on for a full season.

agreed. williams should get plenty of looks as long as allen can stay healthy enough to stay on the field. if allen is out for a good chunk, it might hurt williams in that he'll (i'm assuming) move up to the top target and draw better coverage.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm going to go with Christian McCaffrey.  The Panthers already have a good team and a very good quarterback who will get McCaffrey the ball.

that and the Fact hes a WR/RB/Whatever just get the ball into his hands guy...

If he'd drop one more spot he'd probly be a bengal
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well CJD, kind of hard to argue with the absolute truth.

Just hoping this shit changes and the coaches can actually evaluate the talent and start the best player opening day. Mellow

You are completely correct though, great post.

Believe me, I'd love to be wrong, Nate haha.

I just don't think this head coach knows how to use a playmaker rookie from the beginning of the season unless he's absolutely forced to, like in 2011 with Dalton and Green, where all 3 incumbent starters left after 2010 (Palmer, Owens, Johnson/Ocho), Shipley was injured and Caldwell was....Caldwell.

With any luck, Mixon will be starting by week 8, like Hill did in his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
Reading comprehension fail. Assumed the title was Bengals ROY

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 09:23 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Believe me, I'd love to be wrong, Nate haha.

I just don't think this head coach knows how to use a playmaker rookie from the beginning of the season unless he's absolutely forced to, like in 2011 with Dalton and Green, where all 3 incumbent starters left after 2010 (Palmer, Owens, Johnson/Ocho), Shipley was injured and Caldwell was....Caldwell.

With any luck, Mixon will be starting by week 8, like Hill did in his rookie year.

Dalton might have a say now hopefully eh CJD?

It is his Offense. Would hope that he sees some things these offensive coaches do not excluding Urban who is awesome.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 06:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that and the Fact hes a WR/RB/Whatever just get the ball into his hands guy...

If he'd drop one more spot he'd probly be a bengal

Nah I think the bengals got who they wanted all along in 1 & 2.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 12:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Nah I think the bengals got who they wanted all along in 1 & 2.

I think so too.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 01:35 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. Marvin has continued to play veterans even when vastly superior rookies/young players are ready to play. The "fisher price package" didn't start full time until 2012 (Dunlap and Atkins drafted in 2010) despite being clearly superior to the entrenched starters such as Geathers, Tank, Sims, Odom and Rucker. They gave all 16 starts to Geathers and he gave them 1 sack haha. They always cited his "reliability" and his "knowledge of the system" despite poor stats.

Then, in 2011, Rucker and Geathers started a total of 24 starts and provided 6.5 sacks. Johnson gave them 6 sacks with only 5 starts and Dunlap 4.5 sacks with only 1 start.

Granted, starts don't tell the whole story, especially in regards to commonly rotated things like slot corner, WR3, TE etc (where the start is given to whatever formation is the first play of the game), but DE and DT are relatively stable in terms of starts vs total snaps.

I expect Mixon and Ross to be the new "fisher price package" that they play far less than they should. Then, the Bengals will continue to start the likes of Hill and Lafell because of their "reliability" and "knowledge of the system."

Mixon will probably average 4 or 5 yards per carry, but only get 5 to 10 carries a game haha. Meanwhile, Hill will be providing a robust 3.2 ypc average and be given 15 to 20 carries per game XD.

i agree w/ you in general....
but I think at this point in time there's more urgency to win "now"....if Mixon is the best RB we have he needs to get the lions share of the carries....do I expect this from day 1....? no....but if he has a few 40-60 yard scoring plays, whether it's on a short pass or a draw, he will get more carries...let's say by game 7-10...?   Hill will start but as the season progresses I think Mixons carries will increase, Hill's drop off...
w/ 3 quality RB's & only 1 ball let's all hope this works out well....Gio should always be on the field on 3rd down..
we should have a top 10 offense this yr....I think the O-line will hold up ok...  AD plays all 16 games....haha
Can't wait..!!!!
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Ross get it (I'm a big fan). I think Mixon can really do some damage this year though. Not sure if politics would be against Mixon winning? He may have to take it to a higher level than others.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote