Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 1st rd pick # 9-ish
(12-09-2017, 10:29 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Need to upgrade the QB position if we want a shot at the Lombardi.

No more reaches for skill positions. This game is won in the trenches. Haven’t we learned that lesson yet?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t understand some of the thinking going on here. What’s our #1 need? Fix the OLine. Fix the OLine. Fix the OLine! So what should we do? Grab a QB? What? No, fix the OLine! Pick a LB? No, fix the OLine. Pick a #2 receiver? NO! Fix the OLine!

It’s not rocket science.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I agree with the offensive line and I would start with a Center first. That said, if Derwin James happened to be available............
Reply/Quote
We rank 30th in rush offense. We rank almost just as bad defensively...28th in rush defense. Kind of the poster child of what you don’t want to be.
Reply/Quote
Control the trenches, control the game. Zimmer does that and who does he have at QB? Case Keenum? Well, hey...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 01:28 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I agree with the offensive line and I would start with a Center first. That said, if Derwin James happened to be available............

James is an interesting player. Could be a BPA pick. From what I can gather on him, might be more of a strong safety type. Not sure if he is a rangy free safety. But sometimes the secondary just tackles atrociously and he’d be an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
Rd 1 - Oline
Rd 2 - Oline
Rd 2a - (When we trade AJM) LB
Rd 3 - Oline
Rd 4-7 - BPA
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No more reaches for skill positions. This game is won in the trenches. Haven’t we learned that lesson yet?

Well some say our biggest mistake recently was reaching for the trenches.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Fix the O-line, the D-line and the special teams and the HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Draft a guard with a top 10 pick? I think I vomited a little...

He's not just any guard. He's viewed as the next Logan Mankins and most mocks have him going top 10...Maybe before we even pick.

Of course...we don't value interior line and likely wouldn't resign him, so there's that to consider.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The best offensive lineman available. this thread should be one comment long if we are all watching the same team. dreamers and non realistic people who dont think that are the reason why we took an injury ridden fast guy in John Ross....LMAO. hilarious.

Football will always start with Offensive and Defensive line....either would be terrible without a good one.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:35 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: with comments like this how can anyone take u serious.  Nelson best prospect at a guard since Mankins
Look at will hernandez. Dude is legit. 2016 pff grades he graded out with a 94.3 overall and ,listen to this, a 99.8 pass block effeciency. There is legitimate debate as to who the best guard is. Imo hernandez is slightly better. And the hype is growing for Hernandez with the neck roll.
(12-09-2017, 11:43 AM)Steve Wrote: OT Jones will probably go in rd #2

if we get Nelson in rd #1
 i'd like to then get Jones in rd #2
U overrate Jones. He's a mid third round prospect at best. He's got top 5 talent but needs to sit a year to tone down the technique issues. Players like Hyatt, Rankin etc will go before him in Rd 2. Plus rd2 is where the great guards are.
(12-09-2017, 01:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: James is an interesting player. Could be a BPA pick. From what I can gather on him, might be more of a strong safety type. Not sure if he is a rangy free safety. But sometimes the secondary just tackles atrociously and he’d be an upgrade.
James is a hard hitting safety WTH range and is a ball hawk. Think honey badger 2.0.hea better than he was coming out. Dude can absolutely lay the wood, but can also track the ball and get some ints. Derwin James is a absolute monster and a top 5 talent. He's gonna destroy the combine, and best part is he can play ss, fs, or CB at a very high level.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 10:29 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Need to upgrade the QB position if we want a shot at the Lombardi.

Need an upgrade in quite a few places, we have tons of holes.

Of EVERY quarterback drafted since 2009, there is only one starting quarterback right now who has won a playoff game.

Cam Newton.

You need more than just a QB to win.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 07:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Need an upgrade in quite a few places, we have bs of holes.

Of EVERY quarterback drafted since 2009, there is only one starting quarterback right now who has won a playoff game.

Cam Newton.

You need more than just a QB to win.

Russell Wilson, TJ Yates, Andrew Luck and probably a couple others have won playoff games as well. That said, I agree with your point though.

Stafford, Carr, Winston, Mariota, etc and many of these young QBs aren't over the playoff hump yet. They're not playing for Marvin Lewis, either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This time of year we should be talking about playoffs, not draft picks.....oh..wait....
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 11:37 AM)Synric Wrote: Draft a guard with a top 10 pick? I think I vomited a little...

do you want to be able to run the ball....??
do you want the QB to be protected..??
do you want a pro bowl OG.??

check his rankings......he's projected to go in the top 10....
there's a reason for that.....he's that good....6' 5" road grader.....

but perhaps you want another fast little toy WR like last year...
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 06:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's not just any guard. He's viewed as the next Logan Mankins and most mocks have him going top 10...Maybe before we even pick.

Of course...we don't value interior line and likely wouldn't resign him, so there's that to consider.

I would love to have a pro bowl OG here ....I know it's not the bengals style to have quality Centers or Guards.....but maybe this year w/ the line so bad they will pick a pro bowl quality OG.....
get an OT in rd #2....Center in rd #3
try to stabilize this mess....& really we need 2 OT's not one...b/c Fisher & Ced are both weak...
just seems to me there is no pro bowl caliber OT in the top 10  
& it should be BPA to fix our O-line....in rds 1, 2 & 3....
that would be Nelson.....if he's still on the board when we pick....he may come off in the top 6....pro bowl quality players are rare....
Reply/Quote
We gotta draft tackles next year. Super weak tackle class this year. It's an amazing ot class next year. So build the line from the inside out this year. Draft a elite center and guard in 1 and 2(price Hernandez)get that middle running game doninant which opens up the passing game. and then next year go ot back to back when there's a projected 8-10 ots with first round grades next year. Can't build it All back in one off season.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:46 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No more reaches for skill positions. This game is won in the trenches. Haven’t we learned that lesson yet?

BINGO....!!!
I agree 100%....  

BUT...

when we pick trench players we can't whiff on them....
Ced & Fisher are not starter quality....

OG Nelson coming out this year is....
he's a can't miss pick....
it's why some teams can run the ball while other teams like us can't....
players like him are on championship teams...
so I guess that means we won' get him.... Cry
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 08:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Russell Wilson, TJ Yates, Andrew Luck and probably a couple others have won playoff games as well. That said, I agree with your point though.

Stafford, Carr, Winston, Mariota, etc and many of these young QBs aren't over the playoff hump yet. They're not playing for Marvin Lewis, either.

Quick glance at the NFL says 14 of the 32 teams have a starting QB who has won 1+ playoff game(s) in his career.  And that's counting guys like Palmer/Luck/Cutler who aren't factoring much into this season due to injury/being Jay Cutler.  Take them out and it's more like 1/3rd of the NFL has a guy who has won a playoff game under center.

Dalton could have fallen ass first into a playoff win like a number of the no-name guys who have more post-season success than him if he played elsewhere.  I'm still surprised Dalton didn't make a push to get onto the Texans before this point in his career. It would have fit so well with Palmer and Boomer leaving here to go to their home areas of Oakland and NY...well, probably with less 4-win seasons.
Reply/Quote