Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Bengals Schedule Predictions
Looks like we will be starting on the road this year with the Reds home the weekend of Set 6-12

Week
1- Away (I say in Cleveland, the Indians are away this weekend)
2 - Home (will this be another Thursday night game like years past?)
3 - Home
4 - Away (Reds are in town unless they give us the Thursday night game this week)
5 - ?????

Your thoughts? Early bye? Another early Thursday night game?

Do we end the season at home against Baltimore?

Lets see your thoughts......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Week 1 at Pittsburgh since Burfict is out
Week 4 vs Pittsburgh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 07:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Week 1 at Pittsburgh since Burfict is out
Week 4 vs Pittsburgh

Pretty much what the NFL wishes it could do... Or can they? Isn't there some rule requiring games between two division opponents to be spaced out over a certain amount of time?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 08:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Pretty much what the NFL wishes it could do... Or can they? Isn't there some rule requiring games between two division opponents to be spaced out over a certain amount of time?

No, I recall the Steelers playing the browns twice in 3 weeks last year
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
I predict we'll have 1 primetime game. The Thursday night football game only.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 07:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Week 1 at Pittsburgh since Burfict is out
Week 4 vs Pittsburgh

Meh, that was supposed to happen last year and it didn't.

EDIT: Right? Wasn't it last year when Burfict was suspended for the start of the season and we preemptively bitched that we'd play the Steelers once, if not twice in that span?
Reply/Quote
Week 4 vs Pittsburgh

Id say Pittsburgh Week 4 since Burfict is out. They'll space it out and have one later in the season when he's (most likely) not suspended so that the talking heads have something to talk about. 

If we win the first game, all they'll talk about the second is if Burfict's penalties will cost them the second. 
If we lose the first, they'll talk about how we can't win if we ain't dirty.
Reply/Quote
I predict the Bengals will NOT open at home...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping that we start in Cleveland (although they could be better this season).

Denver at home on Thursday night in week 2 because they'll want to get it out of the way early and they'll also want to give Denver a game that they think they can easily win.

I think we end the season in Pittsburgh because they think that either we'll both be in hunt for the division or that it will be a layup to help the Steelers get into the playoffs.

I also think we'll play Baltimore in the last three weeks because they'll want to beat us up as much as possible for the final Steelers game (or the playoffs because they don't make much money off of us advancing).
Reply/Quote
We will start and end with Baltimore like always.

Reply/Quote
Week 4 vs Pittsburgh

Beat me to it

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 01:15 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: We will start and end with Baltimore like always.

The Orioles are away that weekend so this could happen......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think we'll get the Steelers at home on Monday Night Football in week 6, the Dolphins at home for Thursday Night Football, and in Indy on Sunday/Monday Night Football.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 11:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, that was supposed to happen last year and it didn't.

EDIT:  Right?  Wasn't it last year when Burfict was suspended for the start of the season and we preemptively bitched that we'd play the Steelers once, if not twice in that span?

We did play them once without Burfict last year. It was the game before his suspension was over.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 11:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We did play them once without Burfict last year. It was the game before his suspension was over.

Yep and i bet it happens again this year in the first 4 games. Whatever
Reply/Quote
What I'd love would be eight homes games on Sunday at 1:00. **** that Monday night/Thursday night bullshit. Let's play our primetime games on the road.

- Cranky old STH
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We only have one west coast trip.  I'd like to open against the Chargers and get it out of the way.  KC is the next longest trip.

Both florida teams come here.  Like to get them in December.

Probably no Monday night games for us.  I say we play the Steelers on a Sunday Night.

Big prediction.  We play the Colts back to back in the last game of the preseason and the first of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2018, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We only have one west coast trip.  I'd like to open against the Chargers and get it out of the way.  KC is the next longest trip.

Both florida teams come here.  Like to get them in December.

Probably no Monday night games for us.  I say we play the Steelers on a Sunday Night.

Big prediction.  We play the Colts back to back in the last game of the preseason and the first of the regular season.

Like your thoughts, esp getting the west coast road trip out of the way but selfishly as a fan I would like to go to Los Angeles late in the year when its cold at home.

I agree no Monday night, worse case if we have one we will be on the road.

If we do get a Sunday night game it will be late in the year in case they need to "flex" us out of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 09:23 PM)Clep Wrote: No, I recall the Steelers playing the browns twice in 3 weeks last year

PIT @ CLE was Week #1.
CLE @ PIT was Week #17
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 04:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: Looks like we will be starting on the road this year with the Reds home the weekend of Set 6-12

Week
1- Away (I say in Cleveland, the Indians are away this weekend)
2 - Home (will this be another Thursday night game like years past?)
3 - Home
4 - Away (Reds are in town unless they give us the Thursday night game this week)
5 - ?????

Your thoughts?  Early bye?  Another early Thursday night game?

Do we end the season at home against Baltimore?

Lets see your thoughts......

Far as I know I think both Browns & Indians have played at home at the same time.
Reply/Quote