Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Aggressive Coaching Wins Super Bowl
(02-05-2018, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin is a dud, but the Eagles have also cycled through multiple GMs and HCs since we started the Mike/Marvin era.  They also traded the farm to get Carson Wentz, and have done other sort of aggressive things that go well beyond the on-the-field calls.  Marvin is complicit in this, don't get me wrong, but he's just another symptom of the Mike Brown school of changing nearly nothing.

Yep. During the Marvin years, Philly has a Title, , 2 Super Bowl appearances, 4 NFC championship appearances, and about 9 more Playoff wins than Marvelous Marvin and Mike. People talk about the Philly fans suffering. They have nothing on Cincy.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:28 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was quite shocked at how wide open the NE WRs were for most of the game. 

I kept telling my wife the way Philly defended the TE was learned (not) from watching the Bengals. That crap had better stop with a new DC!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:41 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Said the same thing on here last night, and got flamed for it.  

Also, Belichick really effed up benching Malcolm Butler it seems.  

Bilicheck is a genius but at some point even he would start believe his own mythology.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote