Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 HC Candidates......
sadly its not too early to look at 2018 HC candidates...........anyone you like on the list?

Potential 2018 Head Coaches...

Out of that list I would take Tom Coughlin, we need a hard disciplinarian to get rid of the troublemakers (Pac Man) and someone who would stand up to Mike Brown in the conference room..........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think Todd Haley is our best choice, but who would be his OC? He won't come here as an OC, but I want his scheme and his style of play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The writer and everyone else needs to simply quit talking about Gruden, he isn't coming back. The rumor is he is about to become the highest paid sports broadcaster of all time.
Reply/Quote
Moot point.....it's gonna be Paulie.  Alexander will be back, prolly Kenny Z too.  If those two return, I'm leaving.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I brought up this topic when i predicted we wouldn't win more than 3 games this year.

#1 is Jon Gruden who has ties to the area and is always listed on similar threads. He's a tough coach with a star quality and a ring.

#2 Matt Patricia is a guy who has the potential to be the next great coach. He isn't flashy, but he's put in the work with the patriots for 13 years and consistently proven to be a winner.

#3 The guy the browns will pick and that's Paul Guenther. Paul has stepped up and proven himself a quality defensive coordinator that has the potential to be a quality head coach.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As much as I'd like an outside hire, the team has all but confirmed they'll promote from within. It's likely either Guenther or Urban. Honestly, I don't care who it is. As long as it's not Marvin (or Alexander), it'll be a welcome change
Reply/Quote
Any of the Patriots' coordinators.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:03 AM)Okeana Wrote: I brought up this topic when i predicted we wouldn't win more than 3 games this year.  

#1 is Jon Gruden who has ties to the area and is always listed on similar threads.  He's a tough coach with a star quality and a ring.

#2 Matt Patricia is a guy who has the potential to be the next great coach.  He isn't flashy, but he's put in the work with the patriots for 13 years and consistently proven to be a winner.  

#3 The guy the browns will pick and that's Paul Guenther.  Paul has stepped up and proven himself a quality defensive coordinator that has the potential to be a quality head coach.

Honestly......I don't mind Guenther, and IF we were to go outside the organization to find a HC, I would want him retained.  As you said, he has become a fine DC.....and he held the defense accountable last season, until dumbass Marv stepped on his junk.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:03 AM)Okeana Wrote: I brought up this topic when i predicted we wouldn't win more than 3 games this year.  

#1 is Jon Gruden who has ties to the area and is always listed on similar threads.  He's a tough coach with a star quality and a ring.

#2 Matt Patricia is a guy who has the potential to be the next great coach.  He isn't flashy, but he's put in the work with the patriots for 13 years and consistently proven to be a winner.  

#3 The guy the browns will pick and that's Paul Guenther.  Paul has stepped up and proven himself a quality defensive coordinator that has the potential to be a quality head coach.

If there was a DC brought in to be the next HC, I also like Matt Patricia. But Paul Guenther would probably get it if it's a DC being made HC.

I'd prefer an offensive mind that becomes next HC.
Jim Bob Cooter if an up-and-comer.
I'd be nervous about Todd Haley or Josh McDaniels given they weren't great HCs in their past. They seem to be better suited as OCs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:04 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: As much as I'd like an outside hire, the team has all but confirmed they'll promote from within. It's likely either Guenther or Urban. Honestly, I don't care who it is. As long as it's not Marvin (or Alexander), it'll be a welcome change

....if Piano Man and Brat 2.0 are retained, it won't matter if they dig Tom Landry up and summon his soul......we'll still be losers.  Piano Man still has the stench of the 90s all over him....he's a LOSER.

Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels.

We need an offensive minded coach. There is no excuse for the offense performing this bad.

I'm not opposed to Paulie, but we still need to bring in an offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....if Piano Man and Brat 2.0 are retained, it won't matter if they dig Tom Landry up and summon his soul......we'll still be losers.  Piano Man still has the stench of the 90s all over him....he's a LOSER.

Agreed. PA must be incredible at giving Mike handj**s or something. There is no reason he should still be coaching in this league. And I think the best we can hope for Zampese is a demotion to his old position or something. He's been here forever too. He's got to be friends of The Family by now. 
Reply/Quote
How about if you can spell football you get the job. That would be better than Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:45 AM)corpjet Wrote: sadly its not too early to look at 2018 HC candidates...........anyone you like on the list?

Potential 2018 Head Coaches...

Out of that list I would take Tom Coughlin, we need a hard disciplinarian to get rid of the troublemakers (Pac Man) and someone who would stand up to Mike Brown in the conference room..........

Pacman played really well... was the spark the defense needed... He will be aged out of the league soon
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly......I don't mind Guenther, and IF we were to go outside the organization to find a HC, I would want him retained.  As you said, he has become a fine DC.....and he held the defense accountable last season, until dumbass Marv stepped on his junk.

Guenther would be my Choice but I like him as the DC as well..  As long as he can find someone to run his D for him.  And someone competent to run the offense. he would be a fine choice..  He was holding them accountable and just retooled the defense.  wantd to bench some of them last year but marvin wouldn't allow it.

Darrin Simmons would also be a good choice as special teams coach he works with all players and our STs unit is usually one of the better in the league.

If we are looking for Offensive minded coaches.. Todd Haley
Reply/Quote
Coughlin is pushing 80 -- I'll pass on him.

I want Haley, Josh McDaniels, or Scott Linehan -- creative OCs with HC experience -- as i think they're best suited to turn our team around ASAP. I'd be happy with Russ Grimm or Jim Schwartz as well.

Too bad Marvin wasn't canned last year -- we could have had a shot at Sean McDermott (now in Buffalo), Vance Joseph (Denver), or Kyle Shanahan (SF), three guys I liked.

Of course, we all know our next HC will be Guenther ...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:11 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Josh McDaniels.

We need an offensive minded coach. There is no excuse for the offense performing this bad.

I'm not opposed to Paulie, but we still need to bring in an offensive mind.

There is nothing special about Josh McDaniels. Brady makes O Coordinators look good, but the reality is even when they leave they find another guy off the street and he becomes the next great coaching candidate. Patricia is much more impressive taking a bunch of guys we never have heard of and making solid defenses.

I want an offensive minded head coach for one simple reason, continuity. As coordinators come and go the HC can keep a general offensive philosophy. I feel like as we have cycled through offensive coordinators we have gone through weird stages of philosophy that have caused a lot of up and down. I want an offensive minded coach to come in evaluate the QB situation and stress the importance of rebuilding this line, and doing it quickly.
Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia and Hue Jackson have to be my favorite picks so far.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I don't care who it is, anyone other than Marvin will be e breath of fresh air at this point.

Reply/Quote
I feel pretty certain that if Marvin is gone and Guenther is still here that Guenther will be the HC.

The big question imo is what is he going to do with the premier members of the Mike Brown loyalty club, Zampese and Alexander.
Reply/Quote