Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 HC Candidates......
(09-15-2017, 11:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm expecting Paul Guenther.  I'd be very surprised if they hired someone outside of the organization (I haven't even been humoring the possibility), and he seems the most qualified in-house choice on paper.

If not Guenther, I actually wouldn't mind James Urban or Darrin Simmons getting a crack at it.  Or maybe Hue Jackson can come crawling back after Cleveland inevitably shit-cans him after this season.

I think Mike Brown would immediately go after Hue if he splits from Cleveland after this year. It'd basically be promoting from within while bringing in someone from the outside at the same time.

I wouldn't be surprised if was let go after their season. He seems to be having a problem with the FO already after the Haden release. I know there's been talk that he's being given 3 years to turn the team around, but they might let him go if he declares war on the FO.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I believe Hobson labled Pauline G as "the coach in waiting" after Hue passed on that role.

I'm really hoping MB retires along with not retaining Marv. This franchise needs a complete reboot. I'm hoping Katie would go looking for a young coach that was mentored by a tough aggressive guy like Coughlin or Zimmer or Saban if they look to the college ranks. Then let that coach make the call on the rest of the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:01 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF the season keeps going the way it is, this locker room will be toxic.  That's not something an insider can fix.

The only bright side is that Marvin won't need to be fired, his contract is done after the year.  Makes it much easier for Mikey to let him go since he doesn't have to "fire" him and he can honor his contract.

We need a change of culture which will only happen if someone from outside the current staff is brought in.

We need a complete house cleaning, the good HC candidates we had are gone (Hue and Him) please hire from outside.  We need a change of attitude!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Fire Marvin Lewis (and Ken Zampese) now, promote Darrin Simmons to Acting Head Coach and see where we are in December. Simmons' units always play well for him, and (apart from keeping Nugent around for too long) appear to have real accountability and a desire to play for him.

If that doesn't pan out, then go find the best OC in the league and make them our Head Coach. Doesn't matter who they are, just someone who can call plays and motivate QBs.
Reply/Quote
My choice is Josh McDaniels. He is a young, smart, and emotional coach. All qualities that Lewis lacks.

The Patriots have been the embodiment of preparation and performance in divisional, primetime, and playoff games. All things that the Bengals have failed in. Not only that, but the Pats always seem to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition and make necessary adjustments as needed during the game.

I definitely do not want Paul Guenther as the HC. Not only would that be sticking with the same style as Lewis, but I do not see the appeal of him as a DC. Apparently being a good DC in the league now is to have 4 DL rush the QB and everyone drop into a soft zone and hope the opposing QB doesn't find the proper windows.
Reply/Quote
What about David Shaw? I know the Colts probably will go after him to replace Pagano, but I wouldn't mind bringing him if possible. Maybe Chris Peterson from the Huskies even if he signed an extension. Just throwing good names into the hat.
Reply/Quote