Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 15
(12-20-2018, 09:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: So why did Merv hire a DC that would not play the type of D he wanted for the team?

I don't have a good answer for that question.  Maybe the guy interviewed well, maybe Marvin wanted to give the guy a break?  Either way, it didn't work out, and Austin is gone, and the defense is steadily improving with Marvin under direct control.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 09:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: So why did Merv hire a DC that would not play the type of D he wanted for the team?

Maybe because he's not the GM

As to the OP: How good is Phillip Rivers? Has excelled with nothing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 05:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. They switched a lot of coaches at position groups over and they actually made some guys worse.

It's really hard to pinpoint issues, which probably indicates it's 2-3-4 things.

Pistons, ever since Haslett has been here our Linebackers have been out of position, cannot tackle and cannot
cover.

Really easy to pinpoint the problem with the Linebackers. It is the coach, you don't just switch coaches and see
the players fall off and say it is hard to pinpoint. Move on and get someone competent. Think we did that with
Pollack even though he had a shit sandwich to work with, need to do this with all the Defensive coaches.

The reason why Belichick wins is he knows how to coach up mediocre players and he gets coaches that know
how to. This is what we need here, good coaches from the top down.

Marv is a good DC as we have seen but is not a good HC, just like Hue is a good OC but is a terrible HC.

Coaching, this is where it will start if we want to create a contender.

(12-20-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Would Henderson really be too pricey?  I say pay the man what he's worth.  It wouldn't be any different than if we were faced with signing Ogbuehi or Fisher to a second contract, if either of them would have panned out.  Quality Tackles cost money, and trying to find them via the draft is a gamble..

I agree, hope we pay Henderson, if we did this and drafted a playmaking LB and a RG in the 2nd round it sure
would be a great start. These are our two obvious weaknesses this Offseason, the right side of the O-line and the
terrible Linebackers which as i just said is also a symptom of their coach who is bad.
Reply/Quote