Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 17
(01-09-2019, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when Minny was great for making all those moves to get that elite oline?

To be fair, PFF had Minnesota's OL ranked 22nd after the 2017 season.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-from-the-2017-nfl-season

But this made me think of something else...are we overrating Ohio St centers coming out of college?
Pat Elflein has been mediocre at best since coming into the league, and Billy Price has also been poor thus far.
Perhaps this whole "shifting guards to C their senior year of college" thing really doesn't make them as good as we thought as a C (at least for their first few years).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's no way I regret the trade. We gave up very little. Hopefully Glenn can perform at LT like he used to, but worse case; we move his big ass to the strong side. 

This.  Glenn played through a couple or more injuries this season too.  If he can remain healthy, he should be much improved.....or a good road grader on the right.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Glenn played through a couple or more injuries this season too.  If he can remain healthy, he should be much improved.....or a good road grader on the right.

This was his 3rd year in a row where he had a lot of injuries.

As he's nearing 30...I just don't know that we can ever bank on health for him. 6 foot 7, 340 lb guys tend to have A LOT of stress on their bodies.

That said...I'm not ready to give up on him either. Same with Price.
Reply/Quote