Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to agents, our front office sucks
This is not surprising at all. They aren't willing to spend money and probably ask stupid questions.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 02:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Think about when Warren Sapp said the Bengals "played with the numbers" after they'd agreed to a deal. Maybe stuff like that goes on more than we know? Who knows? I don't see why agents would lie in an anonymous survey though. I also doubt it's that the Bengals are "winning" so many deals. If that were the case, wouldn't it translate to the field? 

The thing that worried me the most was being voted "the most unprepared for contract negotiations". That's supposed to be Katie's job. The one we're hoping will be different.

I'm sure theres a lot of stuff that goes on that we dont know or hear about that would definitely paint the front office in a bad light. Why else would agents unanimously say this if there wasnt some truth behind it.

I think as a person who is either running the team or a key component of the management you want your organization to be attractive to impending free agents whether their already playing here or coming from the outside. Consistently putting together successful seasons and having a tradition of being a good competitive place to play where a player feels like they have a shot to win something is one way, and the other way is providing the player with the idea that they know they can come here and get a good deal that benefits both sides. The Bengals obviously don't give off the impression that this is a legitimate place where a player can come and win a ring, and we tend to strictly offer contracts that are considered "team friendly". To me this is not representative of an attractive place to come and play.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't care how the agents rate our front office.  

That is like asking criminals who is their favorite police officer.

I gotta give you something on that one Fred, now THAT'S funny as well as true!
Reply/Quote
Agents probably dont like us because we usually dont hand out giant stupid contracts to shitty players.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Agents probably dont like us because we usually dont hand out giant stupid contracts to shitty players.

Wouldn't that go for most successful teams? Teams that have actually won championships? Why aren't those teams all ranked low?  Hmm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:23 AM)wcu Wrote: USA Today did a poll of NFL agents asking them to rate clubs on various subjects. They rated the Bengals as the worst prepared team for contract negotiations and Mike Brown as the 4th least trustworthy GM. Pretty sad, though not entirely surprising.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/19/nfl-agent-poll-bruce-allen-redskins-bill-belichick-demaurice-smith/528741002/

Yeah well, according to our FO, agents sukk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Maybe the reason the Bengals are normally big on resigning some of their lesser desired players is because agents try to steer their clients away from the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 03:09 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Maybe the reason the Bengals are normally big on resigning some of their lesser desired players is because agents try to steer their clients away from the Bengals.

Could be. Agents are big on guaranteed money - for obvious reasons - and the Bengals are one of very few teams (maybe the only one) that tries to limit guaranteed money on contracts.

I know JJo pointed to that as a reason he opted to sign with the Texans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote