Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Watch List
Here's a little blurb about Connor Williams, OT-Texas

Quote:NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah compares Texas junior T Connor Williams to Joe Staley and writes that Williams is an "exceptionally talented player in both the run and passing game."

"Both guys are natural athletes and play with a physical edge," Jeremiah wrote. The 6-foot-6, 320-pound Williams went No. 9 to the Jaguars in a 2018 mock draft published by Rotoworld's Thor Nystrom over the spring. "As a run blocker, he takes good angles, rolls his hips on contact and shows a nasty demeanor to keep moving opponents both to and through the whistle," Jeremiah wrote. "When you have a mauling run blocker, that player often lacks some athleticism as a pass protector. That's not the case with Williams. He's a graceful mover with tremendous knee bend, balance and the ability to redirect."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here's a little blurb about Connor Williams, OT-Texas

I think 2018 will be a good year for OT.
McGlinchey, Williams, and Rankin.
I'd probably say McGlinchey if picking top 10, Williams if around the middle, Rankin if the early 20's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see three OL selected next year. OT, OG, and C.
Maybe even all three in the first three rounds...?
Maybe LB also mixed in there if the Bengals get a third round comp as expected.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Here's a little blurb about Connor Williams, OT-Texas

Doesn't say anything about him being able to play Guard but if Og continues to struggle this could be the guy to watch.

BTW, pretty crazy a QB from Wyoming is being talked about as the #1 overall pick, pretty sweet. Cool
Reply/Quote
If our season somehow goes up in flames Derwin james is the pick.
Reply/Quote
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker.

Iv got a couple names I'm watching.

Jordan Whitehead Safety from Pitt. Nice fast, athletic safety. I would love to see us land a star Safety. I really like this guy. Has some character issues so we could get what is a first round talent in another round.

Jerome Baker, OSU's blazing fast OLB. I've seen him listed as a prospect who could go between rounds 2-4 but if he has a great year with how fast he is, I can see his stock skyrocketing and him going on the first round. Also let it be stated I am a Michigan fan, so this isn't coming from a buckeye homer lol.

Two mid-late round offensive linemen I have my eyes on are 1) G, Larry Allen Jr from Harvard and 2) C, Coleman Shelton from Washington.

Both linemen are big, fast linemen. Allen has put on weight last few yrs in prep for the NFL. Little underweight. His father is a HOF, so it's in his blood. Shelton if he stays under the rated will make for a mid-late round steal. He's started everywhere on the line. As I mentioned before both these guys are fast for linemen, so that is a plus with the evolution of run blocking.

A lot of people are expecting Oline in first few rounds. I don't think so though. A lot of fans see it as a huge need. I think if it was as big as a need in the coaching staffs eyes it would of been addressed this offseason but it wasn't. I think that says a lot about the what the staff things. I think they are high on what we have and I'll optimiscally believe in them lol.

A playmaker I have my eyes on in mid rounds is Brandon Powell from Florida. Fast, short under the radar receiver. Just a playmaker to add.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a big late round receiver. We always take one. None have appealed to me yet.

I'm also watching the QBs closely. I'm expecting AJ Mccarrons replacement to come in the third round. Hopefully AJ will be starting somewhere next year as he's in the last year of his contract. Best of luck to him!
Reply/Quote
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker.

Iv got a couple names I'm watching.

Jordan Whitehead Safety from Pitt. Nice fast, athletic safety. I would love to see us land a star Safety. I really like this guy. Has some character issues so we could get what is a first round talent in another round.

Jerome Baker, OSU's blazing fast OLB. I've seen him listed as a prospect who could go between rounds 2-4 but if he has a great year with how fast he is, I can see his stock skyrocketing and him going on the first round. Also let it be stated I am a Michigan fan, so this isn't coming from a buckeye homer lol.

Two mid-late round offensive linemen I have my eyes on are 1) G, Larry Allen Jr from Harvard and 2) C, Coleman Shelton from Washington.

Both linemen are big, fast linemen. Allen has put on weight last few yrs in prep for the NFL. Little underweight. His father is a HOF, so it's in his blood. Shelton if he stays under the rated will make for a mid-late round steal. He's started everywhere on the line. As I mentioned before both these guys are fast for linemen, so that is a plus with the evolution of run blocking.

A lot of people are expecting Oline in first few rounds. I don't think so though. A lot of fans see it as a huge need. I think if it was as big as a need in the coaching staffs eyes it would of been addressed this offseason but it wasn't. I think that says a lot about the what the staff things. I think they are high on what we have and I'll optimiscally believe in them lol.

A playmaker I have my eyes on in mid rounds is Brandon Powell from Florida. Fast, short under the radar receiver. Just a playmaker to add.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a big late round receiver. We always take one. None have appealed to me yet.

I'm also watching the QBs closely. I'm expecting AJ Mccarrons replacement to come in the third round. Hopefully AJ will be starting somewhere next year as he's in the last year of his contract. Best of luck to him!
Reply/Quote
Maybe Sam Darnold could be our next Carson Palmer? Probably worth watching how he does this Saturday against Texas.

Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:42 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Maybe Sam Darnold could be our next Carson Palmer? Probably worth watching how he does this Saturday against Texas.

Maybe. I'd rather get a stalwart LT before QB, otherwise said QB will get destroyed.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's early, but stock up so far...Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

Stock down...McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 06:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's early, but stock up so far...Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

Stock down...McGlinchey OT Notre Dame

I disagree with this quite a bit. 
McGlintchey had a rough game vs UGA, but his overall tape is still probably the best. 
He's not going to be Joe Thomas because he isn't quite as quick but that's kind of who he reminds me of in terms of being able to repeat his technique every rep. his technique is probably the best CFB at LT right now. 
Brown is huge. But that's it. 
He's not a good mover, he doesn't have overly good technique.
Yes his team is FAR better, but he's not a better prospect than McGlinchey.

1. McGlinchey
2. Trey Adams
3. Connor Williams

For me at least. 
Reply/Quote
Martinas Rankin is another guy at OT that might be worth a look in the 2nd round.

Top G prospects:
Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame
Billy Price, Ohio State
Braden Smith, Auburn
Tyrone Crowder, Clemson

Top C prospects:
Mason Cole, Michigan
Frank Ragnow, Arkansas
Will Clapp, LSU
Scott Quessenberry, UCLA
Reply/Quote
IF, and that's a big IF, the season keeps going the way it is, there's only 2 names on my list for the first round:

Josh Rosen
Sam Darnold

if neither of those guys are worth the pick, then I'd start moving to the other guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 12:15 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: IF, and that's a big IF, the season keeps going the way it is, there's only 2 names on my list for the first round:

Josh Rosen
Sam Darnold

if neither of those guys are worth the pick, then I'd start moving to the other guys.

And who protects one of those QBs?
IMO the Bengals should build up the OL before considering another QB.
The only good LT set to hit FA is Nate Solder, and he sure isn't coming to Cincinnati.
The Bengals' first round pick should be OT, and have it be someone who isn't a project based primarily on athleticism, potential, and bad tape.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 03:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Armani Watts.

We saw safeties go early this year, and deservedly so. Watts has been someone I've watched because of other prospects, but he's flashed and made me pay more attention to him. He's a ball hawk with great instincts and I think could take it to the next level this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a top 10 pick.

Another defensive back I like is Jaire Alexander.

Dude was a turnover machine and always got his hand on the ball. A dangerous returner as well. I think Alexander doesn't get enough recognition because he plays on Louisville, but he will get his dues. Certainly a sleeper IMO.

So far Armani Watts has looked good. 2 forced fumbles a 2 INTs through 3 games is pretty good for a safety. Granted, Texas A&M is a dumpster fire.

Alexander has been hurt and his stock is certainly going to drop. They missed him against Clemson
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were to consider cutting Dalton to invest that $$ elsewhere, I have my eye on Luke Falk out of Washington State. I really like that guy's game. He reminds me of Derek Carr, except he plays in a Power 5 conference.

I wouldn't take him over Sam Darnold, but maybe over any other QB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 09:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And who protects one of those QBs?
IMO the Bengals should build up the OL before considering another QB.
The only good LT set to hit FA is Nate Solder, and he sure isn't coming to Cincinnati.
The Bengals' first round pick should be OT, and have it be someone who isn't a project based primarily on athleticism, potential, and bad tape.

I’m under the impression that this is a 1 year blip and that we won’t be in a spot to take a franchise type QB for quite some time.

The bust rate for top five tackles is pretty high lately. Give me a QB and then a LT at the top of round 2.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 04:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I’m under the impression that this is a 1 year blip and that we won’t be in a spot to take a franchise type QB for quite some time.

The bust rate for top five tackles is pretty high lately. Give me a QB and then a LT at the top of round 2.

I like the potential QBs at the top of round 2 better than I like the potential OTs in the top of round 2.
I'd be worried on waiting on OT to the 2nd unless there was some assurance one of Williams, McGlinchey, or Trey Adams would be there.

I see the Bengals being no worse than the third pick in the draft. I see the Bills and Jets being for sure ahead of the Bengals and possibly the Browns, Jags, and maybe Colts if Luck doesn't return by midseason.

Sam Darnold should go 1st overall if it's Bills or Jets at 1. After him, I expect it to be Rosen or Rudolph, but I'm not a big Rosen or Rudolph guy. Rosen only completed 60% of his passes in 2015-2016. I'm also not a big fan of Mason Rudolph either, but maybe that's because I get a bad feeling he'll turn out like former Oklahoma St QB Brandon Weeden.

After those three, I think some team will fall in love with Josh Allen. But to me, Allen is too potential and not enough production against quality competition. Hard pass on Josh Allen.  Let someone else take Jamarcus Russell or Joe Flacco 2.0.

I could see Lamar Jackson taken in the back half of the draft. The running QB never appealed to me, as they very rarely work out. He's also not accurate enough for my liking (see a trend here?). I see Lamar Jackson following the same fate as RG3.

When all is said and done, I think the Bengals can nab the second-best QB in the draft class in the second round. That player is....Luke Falk. He has ideal size, he has great touch, and above average arm strength. What I like most about him though is his extreme accuracy. He's completed ~70% of his passes the past two seasons and has a plethora of other passing stats to boot. He reminds me a lot of Derek Carr, which I loved in the 2014 draft. Derek Carr also fell to the early 2nd and Oakland scooped him up. He's been better than all those other QBs in that draft class and he was the 4th QB taken.

This QB draft class is deep, and the Bengals should be able to snag a very good QB in the early 2nd round.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals were to consider cutting Dalton to invest that $$ elsewhere, I have my eye on Luke Falk out of Washington State. I really like that guy's game. He reminds me of Derek Carr, except he plays in a Power 5 conference.

I wouldn't take him over Sam Darnold, but maybe over any other QB.

I like Falk, so far have him as my #5 QB. Would like to see him do more progression work along with footwork in dropbacks. He has great arm talent, but he has some raw aspects. If he can get the fundamentals down and improve in those areas, I could see him being a VERY good QB in this league.

I have Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Jackson above him. However, this is a VERY good quarterback class. I would like to watch these guys further down the road, they've all done very well so far.

I know some OSU fans won't like this, but Baker Mayfield has also looked really good this year. He struggled BADLY against OSU last year, but that was a huge turning point in his career. He's looked stellar since then.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
FWIW, si had the bengals taking Derwin James 4th overall in their latest mock today.
Reply/Quote