Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Watch List
(09-20-2017, 06:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: FWIW, si had the bengals taking Derwin James 4th overall in their latest mock today.

Very strong no to a DB. Bengals desperately need OL or a QB if Dalton by chance does get cut. Just say no to defense in Rd 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
QB Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State.
Reply/Quote
I watched the whole USC-WSU game last night, which had Darnold vs Falk.

Darnold did not look great throwing the ball, but he did have a couple scrambling TDs. Some bad turnovers. We'll see how Darnold finishes the year, but some are questioning now whether he should declare for the draft or stay another year.

Falk is a pure pocket passer, not a dual threat QB at all. He reminds me of Palmer in that aspect. The stats may not show how accurate he was, as his receivers made quite a few critical drops that affected his completion percentage. He likes to go through all of his progressions before throwing the ball away, and it results in sacks. Falk is a very good QB but will need a solid OL given his tendency to hold onto the ball while going through progressions and unable to scramble well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
OG/C- Will Hernandez-UTEP
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Very strong no to a DB. Bengals desperately need OL or a QB if Dalton by chance does get cut. Just say no to defense in Rd 1

Agree on DB but we need Dline desperately considering both Atkins and Dunlap are A old and B will be in the final year of their contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:38 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Agree on DB but we need Dline desperately considering both Atkins and Dunlap are A old and B will be in the final year of their contract.

They aren't Whitworth-old. They should at least get a 3-year contract from someone, as they are still performing well.
I'm not opposed to bringing in one DE and DT for potential replacement, but not a first round pick when OT has very good prospects this coming year and there is a clear need.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They aren't Whitworth-old. They should at least get a 3-year contract from someone, as they are still performing well.
I'm not opposed to bringing in one DE and DT for potential replacement, but not a first round pick when OT has very good prospects this coming year and there is a clear need.

The drop off for pass rush production is insane after a certain age with only a few very rare players able to maintain. 
It's coming. 3T is a big need. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The drop off for pass rush production is insane after a certain age with only a few very rare players able to maintain. 
It's coming. 3T is a big need. 

I've been trying to find a nice mid-round DT that could be groomed, but I'm not seeing a lot of candidates for 3T.
I like Christian Wilkins but he'll likely go in the first round and I just don't see the Bengals taking a 3T that early.

Maybe Maurice Hurst or Dre'Mont Jones, but only if they are available in the third round or later. I want two offensive players in the first two rounds.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been trying to find a nice mid-round DT that could be groomed, but I'm not seeing a lot of candidates for 3T.
I like Christian Wilkins but he'll likely go in the first round and I just don't see the Bengals taking a 3T that early.

Maybe Maurice Hurst or Dre'Mont Jones, but only if they are available in the third round or later. I want two offensive players in the first two rounds.

Committing to a side of the ball with a pick is how you get Russell Bodine and Will Clarke.
They needed a center. There was a run on IOL and they panicked and just took one. 

They needed a DE, there weren't any good ones who fit their "prototype" so they forced the pick of Will Clarke. 

Draft good football players, almost regardless of position and you will be better off. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Committing to a side of the ball with a pick is how you get Russell Bodine and Will Clarke.
They needed a center. There was a run on IOL and they panicked and just took one. 

They needed a DE, there weren't any good ones who fit their "prototype" so they forced the pick of Will Clarke. 

Draft good football players, almost regardless of position and you will be better off. 

That's fair to say, but I think there will be a nice mix of BPA and need for OT and C within the first two rounds of 2018 (assuming neither addressed in FA).
I wasn't saying reach for an untalented player just because of position of need.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair to say, but I think there will be a nice mix of BPA and need for OT and C within the first two rounds of 2018 (assuming neither addressed in FA).
I wasn't saying reach for an untalented player just because of position of need.

As of right now, there's only 1 OT I would take in the first round given our likely high pick. That's McGlinchey from Notre Dame. 
If he isn't there, OT isn't the pick. 
There's really not a center worth a top 10 pick either. 

I think DT would be the most likely pick, outside of a top 2 pick and then we take a QB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: As of right now, there's only 1 OT I would take in the first round given our likely high pick. That's McGlinchey from Notre Dame. 
If he isn't there, OT isn't the pick. 
There's really not a center worth a top 10 pick either. 

I think DT would be the most likely pick, outside of a top 2 pick and then we take a QB. 

I agree on no C worth a top 10 pick. I mean C in Round 2 or Round 3.

I also like McGlinchey and would like to see him in Cincinnati. You don't like Connor Williams or Trey Adams?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree on no C worth a top 10 pick. I mean C in Round 2 or Round 3.

I also like McGlinchey and would like to see him in Cincinnati. You don't like Connor Williams or Trey Adams?

I'm not sold on Connor Williams as an NFL tackle. Very heavy feet. Add in he put on a lot of weight this offseason and looked bad to start the year...Throw in he's injured and would likely be questionable to start the year...

I like Trey Adams but I still have more I want to see from him. He's the only other one I'd consider as of now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm not sold on Connor Williams as an NFL tackle. Very heavy feet. Add in he put on a lot of weight this offseason and looked bad to start the year...Throw in he's injured and would likely be questionable to start the year...

I like Trey Adams but I still have more I want to see from him. He's the only other one I'd consider as of now. 

I like Trey Adams a lot.

A guy I think could push to be a 1st rounder is Martinas Rankin
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:55 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I like Trey Adams a lot.

A guy I think could push to be a 1st rounder is Martinas Rankin

I haven't watched any Rankin.

I just want to see more power from Adams. Part of it is the Husky offense but I do have some concerns there. 
Reply/Quote
Rankin is the guy who has that versatile label this year. It's possible he could be a center.
Reply/Quote
It's probably a classic trade down draft. A lot of late first/early second line talent in this one.
Reply/Quote
Derwin James, S, FSU

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Vita Vea, DT, Washington
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Very strong no to a DB. Bengals desperately need OL or a QB if Dalton by chance does get cut. Just say no to defense in Rd 1

U would say no to kam chancellor?
Reply/Quote
This is how the draft should go. 1. Mike mcglichey or trey Adams at left tackle . 2. Jamarco jones, Orlando bloom, or Micah Hyatt at right tackle. Trade into late second for c/guard billy price in the pat elflien mold. Atkins looks as dominant as ever and Jordan Willis is supposed to be a great lde not rde. We can wait on 3 tech
Reply/Quote