Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2018 draft....1st 2 rds...most likely options
I'm still not quite convinced that Marvin will be gone next year and anyone even trying to supplant Mike Brown's decision making abilities with real logic is on a fools errand. What he should do and what he will do are not usually anywhere in the same universe. There's sound football decision making and then there's Mike Brown. Mikey making sound football decisions? This has occurred exactly how many times in the past 28 years? We all have more rectums on our bodies than Mike Brown has sound football decisions and that's not counting collectively. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown is prepared to have a half-empty stadium next year, by all means re-sign Marvin.

Christmas Eve or not, game attendance yesterday was pitiful.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 09:05 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: We will have driskel I asked the question about mccarron I just posted in another thread. If we don't take a qb in the first round I don't expect to get one till the 6th or 7th because driskel will be the clear backup next yr because mccarron won't be here

If McCarron doesn't win the arbitration case, he will be here....unless we get another good trade offer that actually goes through.  I still can't believe the NFL hasn't made a decision on that as of yet.  They wouldn't get away with that crap at pitt or NE. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 02:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No disrespect but U just lost all credibility when u said u don't need to watch the tape. That's what it's there for Stop just going off of what the talking heads say and form ur own opinions, with your own eyes. And there are more and .ore scouts who have Hernandez better than Nelson. And that will continue and continue. He's not rated as high bc of the school he goes to. If he went to say OSU he's a top 5 lock.

This is where you are starting to lose your credibility.

It makes ZERO difference where a guy goes to school these days.  I can't count how many small school guys go in the first round.  This isn't the 1980s.  The electronic age has made it easy to scout these guys.

NOBODY is a secret anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 06:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is where you are starting to lose your credibility.

It makes ZERO difference where a guy goes to school these days.  I can't count how many small school guys go in the first round.  This isn't the 1980s.  The electronic age has made it easy to scout these guys.

Please name the last small school guard to go in the first round. Go ahead I'll wait. Small school skills positions go early yes, but oline, they're regarded as not having gone up against good competition. So they are picked way later than their talent is.
Reply/Quote
Give me an OT in first (Kolton Miller or Conner Williams look like they'll be available) and a OG in second (jpoore's boy Hernandez might make sense here). After that, hoping for picks at C, LB, S, and TE (assuming Eifert gone), along with another body in late rounds at OT or OG.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 01:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Please name the last small school guard to go in the first round. Go ahead I'll wait. Small school skills positions go early yes, but oline, they're regarded as not having gone up against good competition. So they are picked way later than their talent is.

Best I can tell, the best example would be Mike Iupati, G, Idaho, who went 17th in 2010.

Not a G, but Eric Fisher as a T went number one overall in 2013. He was Central Michigan.

Interestingly, Joe Staley, also Central Michigan went in the 1st as a T in 2007.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 06:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is where you are starting to lose your credibility.

NO.
Nelson is ranked #4 on the BIG board...
Hernandez is ranked #39

do the math..... Cool

I work 2 jobs...I am not going to sit on my couch watching hundreds of hrs of film....
i'll just look to the "supposed experts" as listen to them as a group....

old Chinese proverb:
to know the road ahead, ask those who have already followed it....

you need to get over your man crush on Hernandez....he's ranked #39 on the BIG board for a reason.....
I now see OG Nelson going to the 49ers to protect their new franchise QB.....they have fine OT's already....but they need interior help...
   so I now see the Bengals picking the #6th ranked guy...
Safety Derwin James...6' 3"s 211 lbs very fast athletic freak.....can do everything in the back field...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 01:27 AM)Steve Wrote: NO.
Nelson is ranked #4 on the BIG board...
Hernandez is ranked #39

do the math..... Cool

I work 2 jobs...I am not going to sit on my couch watching hundreds of hrs of film....
i'll just look to the "supposed experts" as listen to them as a group....

old Chinese proverb:
to know the road ahead, ask those who have already followed it....

you need to get over your man crush on Hernandez....he's ranked #39 on the BIB board for a reason.....
I now see OG Nelson going to the 49ers to protect their new franchise QB.....they have fine OT's already....but they need interior help...
   so I now see the Bengals picking the #6th ranked guy...
Safety Derwin James...6' 3"s 211 lbs very fast athletic freak.....can do everything in the back field...
I assume this was directed at me bc he is for Nelson. I'm for Hernandez. There are more and more scouts that say they would rather have Hernandez than Nelson. And that number will continue to grow and grow as we get closer. He dosent allow his qb to get his and is a elite run blocker. Allowed less qb pressures and sacks while playing more passing snaps. The closer we get he will rocket up big boards. And I work 3, jobs but still an able to watch tape. Draft breakdown has whole games 10 minutes long. All u need to do is watch ur eyes to know that he's gonna be great.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 10:09 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If Mike Brown is prepared to have a half-empty stadium next year, by all means re-sign Marvin.

Christmas Eve or not, game attendance yesterday was pitiful.

That ship has sailed for me and my tickets. I think they will lose at least 25% of their season tickets holders in 2018.

They earned this result by lousy management of this team. I won't speak for others, but it will take a great year in 2018 to get me back at PBS in 2019.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 11:15 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Eb?

Emperor Brown, i'm guessing. I like Czar better though.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That ship has sailed for me and my tickets. I think they will lose at least 25% of their season tickets holders in 2018.

They earned this result by lousy management of this team. I won't speak for others, but it will take a great year in 2018 to get me back at PBS in 2019.
the Bengals will retool....
they'll come back in 2018 & be fine....
they may lose 1% of the season tix holders....no more....
most ppl aren't that fickle....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 06:48 PM)Steve Wrote: the Bengals will retool....
they'll come back in 2018 & be fine....
they may lose 1% of the season tix holders....no more....
most ppl aren't that fickle....

There is absolutely NOTHING fickle about a fan not renewing season tix based on the last couple years + Marv's Bengals tenure.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 08:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And I work 3, jobs but still an able to watch tape. Draft breakdown has whole games 10 minutes long.

(11-21-2017, 08:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: 1. I am a scout.

Wow, three jobs and "scouting" internet highlights isn't even one of the three? Clark Kent, is that you?
Reply/Quote

Starting?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wow, three jobs and "scouting" internet highlights isn't even one of the three? Clark Kent, is that you?
Lol I watch every game on on every prospect, highlight videos are just that, highlights.they don't show the bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 05:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lol I watch every game on on every prospect, highlight videos are just that, highlights.they don't show the bad.

Every game on every prospects while working 3 jobs and correcting everyone's mock drafts here seven days a week? That doesn't leave much time to watch tape on Jake Kumerow.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 11:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There is absolutely NOTHING fickle about a fan not renewing season tix based on the last couple years + Marv's Bengals tenure.

most fans don't expect perfection.....
they go to watch the games b/c they love Pro football & they want to root for the HOME team.....win or lose....
if anyone wants to not watch....fine....see ya....
there's always new fans to jump on the next years bandwagon to take your place...

fickle fans remind me so much of baseball......a guy strikes out the fans scream, FIRE him...!!!   he's a bum....
his next at bat he hits a home run....the same fan screams...I love this guy.....sign him to a new 5 year contract....
I love the Bengals win or lose.....I want them to win yes....but I don't expect perfection from them...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Every game on every prospects while working 3 jobs and correcting everyone's mock drafts here seven days a week? That doesn't leave much time to watch tape on Jake Kumerow.
Working overnights has its perks.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wow, three jobs and "scouting" internet highlights isn't even one of the three?  Clark Kent, is that you?

hahaha
I agree....

I admit I don't have that amount of free time....& even if I did I wouldn't want to watch all that tape....

it's so much easier just to listen to all the talking heads.....find a consensus....check several mocks & big boards....
find an average....cancel out the highs & lows....
Reply/Quote