Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 schedule is a killer
It is hard to predict wins and losses in 2018 based upon 2017 records but the Bengals are going to have a very hard time next year.

4 games against the Steelers and Ravens and 8 games against the AFC West and the NFC South.

We will be the underdog in all  12 of these games if the Tampa Bay and Oakland games are away.

I think we will also get Houston again ( always a loss) and Miami.

Seriously looking at a 3 to 6 win season next year absent some major changes in the offensive line and possibly a new QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Home
Baltimore
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Denver
Oakland
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Miami

Away
Baltimore
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
LA Chargers
Atlanta
Carolina
either the Texans or Colts (depends on who wins on Sunday)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What looks tough now could drastically change before the start of next year. I'd reserve any predictions until we see how the draft/free agency period pans out across the league. Not to mention the fact that one injury can change the dynamic of an entire team be it in the coming postseason and/or next year's preseason.

I will agree with you though, that on paper, this looks pretty tough at the moment.
Reply/Quote
a lot of will change between now and then but what else do we have to do but debate stuff?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:37 AM)pally Wrote: Home
Baltimore - L
Cleveland - ???
Pittsburgh - L
Denver - W
Oakland - L
New Orleans -L
Tampa Bay - L
Miami - L

Away
Baltimore - L
Cleveland - L
Pittsburgh - L
Kansas City - L
LA Chargers - L
Atlanta - L
Carolina - L
either the Texans - or Colts - (depends on who wins on Sunday)

Just a quick run-through....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:53 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Just a quick run-through....

So what you're saying is.....we're looking at a 1-15 season next year?

This is savagely gloomy.

LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:47 AM)NKYRob Wrote: What looks tough now could drastically change before the start of next year. I'd reserve any predictions until we see how the draft/free agency period pans out across the league. Not to mention the fact that one injury can change the dynamic of an entire team be it in the coming postseason and/or next year's preseason.

I will agree with you though, that on paper, this looks pretty tough at the moment.

First of all free agency isn't going to help the Bengals at all because it never does because Mike Brown doesn't understand free agency. The simple fact is that the team almost always loses in free agency.

If you go year by year in free agency and look at talent departing versus talent arriving there is almost always more talent leaving. In fact, I do not recall the last year that we had more talent arriving.

Part of the problem is that even if the coaches want a certain player already on the team to be re-signed, the front office and Mike Brown may not agree and the coach will be left with Ogbuehis and Bodines to work with.

So it's down to a new coaching staff and the draft.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: First of all free agency isn't going to help the Bengals at all because it never does because Mike Brown doesn't understand free agency. The simple fact is that the team almost always loses in free agency.

If you go year by year in free agency and look at talent departing versus talent arriving there is almost always more talent leaving. In fact, I do not recall the last year that we had more talent arriving.

Part of the problem is that even if the coaches want a certain player already on the team to be re-signed, the front office and Mike Brown may not agree and the coach will be left with Ogbuehis and Bodines to work with.

So it's down to a new coaching staff and the draft.

Believe me, I understand that free agency is taboo inside the walls of PBS. I was referencing more the effect it has on other teams. You know, the ones that actually participate!
Reply/Quote
You guys are'nt giving the new coaching staff a benefit of the doubt!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:15 PM)firstand10 Wrote: You guys are'nt giving the new coaching staff a benefit of the doubt!

Who are these new coaching staff members that you speak of?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:53 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Just a quick run-through....

I think we will lose to Denver.

It could really by 1-15 or worse.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:50 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I think we will lose to Denver.

It could really by 1-15 or worse.

Hilarious

No way. There's no way this team will only win 1-2 games next year unless they gut the core of the team (not happening). C'mon! Now 5-8ish wins, sure. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Come on guys, we all know that with a change of HC and a few coaching tweaks this team will make the SB.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 11:22 AM)bengals67 Wrote: It is hard to predict wins and losses in 2018 based upon 2017 records but the Bengals are going to have a very hard time next year.

4 games against the Steelers and Ravens and 8 games against the AFC West and the NFC South.

We will be the underdog in all  12 of these games if the Tampa Bay and Oakland games are away.

I think we will also get Houston again ( always a loss) and Miami.

Seriously looking at a 3 to 6 win season next year absent some major changes in the offensive line and possibly a new QB.

Basing on this years records sure...

But next year is a new year for every team.

and just cause we faultered this year doesn't mean we will the next...   (pssss... several of those playoff years was when we had top 5 S.o.S.)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 12:56 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Hilarious

No way. There's no way this team will only win 1-2 games next year unless they gut the core of the team (not happening). C'mon! Now 5-8ish wins, sure. 

Hoofhearted

I have been around for 50 years so I know that there is no floor on how far things can drop for this franchise.

No signed free agents, Marvin returns or they hire a current staff coach, star players want out or are not focused ( i.e. Aj Green), another bad draft with no impact starters added, and 1  to 3 wins is very possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Hoofhearted

I have been around for 50 years so I know that there is no floor on how far things can drop for this franchise.

No signed free agents, Marvin returns or they hire a current staff coach, star players want out or are not focused ( i.e. Aj Green), another bad draft with no impact starters added, and 1  to 3 wins is very possible.

You may need to take a break from the Bengals. 

Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I predicted, before Preseason for an 8-8 season this year, and thought I was being very conservative.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Hoofhearted

If Marvin is brought back, especially after all this crap, I am f***ing done. That would be it for me. And I would implore every fan here to join me as I say good riddance to Mike Brown and his family business.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2017, 02:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You may need to take a break from the Bengals. 

Rock On

let's check notes after the 2018 season if Marvin or staff coach is made Head coach and no free agents are signed.

You may need a break
Reply/Quote
Beat the rush! Start fretting over next year before this year even ends!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote