Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
After watching the OSU/Maryland game I like Tre Watson, Maryland's LB!! Kid has great instincts and can tackle!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: After watching the OSU/Maryland game I like Tre Watson, Maryland's LB!! Kid has great instincts and can tackle!

What round is Watson projected to go in draft?  Anyone know?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Troy Dye, Dakota Allen, and Germain Pratt are three guys to keep an eye on come April. Also Sean Lee, Anthony Barr, and KJ Wright in free Agency should gain some interest.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Troy Dye, Dakota Allen, and  Germain Pratt are three guys to keep an eye on come April. Also Sean Lee, Anthony Barr, and KJ Wright in free Agency should gain some interest.

Sean Lee is Eifert equivalent on defense.  I have no faith in the front office to bring in a quality free agent to help this team unless it is an athlete UDFA.  They seem to hit on those.  Also, if you could list the teams that Dye, Allen, and Pratt are on it would help.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
For some reason many mocks have us moving on from Andy and picking QB first despite all the other glaring needs at offensive line, TEs, LBs, etc. 
Offensive line is still a huge problem with no real viable RT, a struggling LT and an amemic running game. 
Linebackers are a complete wash and yet the mockers seem to think we are going to move on from Andy first without addressing the offensive line.  
Call me skeptical ,but I don't think they're ready to move on from Andy unless he pulls a CP number and just quits before the season begins. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: For some reason many mocks have us moving on from Andy and picking QB first despite all the other glaring needs at offensive line, TEs, LBs, etc. 
Offensive line is still a huge problem with no real viable RT, a struggling LT and an amemic running game. 
Linebackers are a complete wash and yet the mockers seem to think we are going to move on from Andy first without addressing the offensive line.  
Call me skeptical ,but I don't think they're ready to move on from Andy unless he pulls a CP number and just quits before the season begins. 

There is no way the front office moves on from Andy.  
Team needs two backers, RG, RT, probably TE and safety.  Now I can see maybe next year or two yes, a new QB.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Sean Lee is Eifert equivalent on defense.  I have no faith in the front office to bring in a quality free agent to help this team unless it is an athlete UDFA.  They seem to hit on those.  Also, if you could list the teams that Dye, Allen, and Pratt are on it would help.

1.) Agreed on Sean Lee just throwing the name out there.
2.) Well the one position we do sign is LB so maybe with Brown and Rey being free agents we will actually sign a good one.
3.) Troy Dye- Oregon, Dakota Allen Texas Tech, and Germain Pratt NC State.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Troy Dye, Dakota Allen, and  Germain Pratt are three guys to keep an eye on come April. Also Sean Lee, Anthony Barr, and KJ Wright in free Agency should gain some interest.

It won't matter who we get. As soon as Merv and Haslet get them, they turn to shit...just saying!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: It won't matter who we get. As soon as Merv and Haslet get them, they turn to shit...just saying!

Ok buzz killington
J24

Reply/Quote
I haven't seen many LBs that I have faith would be good pickups in the 2nd round or later. I think Mack Wilson could definitely go in late Rd 1, so I put him up there with Devin White.
What are some "sleeper" LBs that people like that have a high chance of being available in Rds 2+ that fit what the Bengals need (mainly coverage, rangy, speed)?

If there really aren't good candidates after Rd 1, the Bengals might have to go LB in Rd 1 and then OL on Day 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The possibility that the Bengals will be drafting in the top half, maybe even close to the top 10 of next year's draft, is becoming very real. Does this change any of your opinions on what positions the Bengals should target? Obviously, if we're in the top 10, then franchise LT or top of the class LB could be available. We all know that Mike Brown likes CB and WR at the top of the draft, but how do you feel?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The possibility that the Bengals will be drafting in the top half, maybe even close to the top 10 of next year's draft, is becoming very real.  Does this change any of your opinions on what positions the Bengals should target?  Obviously, if we're in the top 10, then franchise LT or top of the class LB could be available.  We all know that Mike Brown likes CB and WR at the top of the draft, but how do you feel?

I'm curious to know how the Bengals feel about Cordy Glenn after he's undoubtedly disappointed so far this year. Would this team consider looking for a franchise LT in the draft or continue to roll with Glenn and instead look for RT? Or perhaps they look for someone who could start immediately at RT but then flex to LT eventually?

I feel the only other options for Rd 1 have to be either LB (Devin White or maybe Mack Wilson but harder to make case for Wilson the earlier you pick in the round) or potential next franchise QB (also unlikely unless there's a big coaching changeup).

This team won't go OG in the first round, especially if picking in the top half of the draft. Day 2 might be perfect for a new RG though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I haven't seen many LBs that I have faith would be good pickups in the 2nd round or later. I think Mack Wilson could definitely go in late Rd 1, so I put him up there with Devin White.
What are some "sleeper" LBs that people like that have a high chance of being available in Rds 2+ that fit what the Bengals need (mainly coverage, rangy, speed)?

If there really aren't good candidates after Rd 1, the Bengals might have to go LB in Rd 1 and then OL on Day 2.

I think Khalil Hodge from Buffalo will be someone who rises up draft boards. If he somehow falls because of being from a smaller school, I would scoop him up in a heartbeat in Round 2 or 3. 

Vosean Joseph from Florida would be an option in the second or around that area. 

Bryan London II from Texas State is undersized but he's a tackling machine. 

T.J. Edwards has been dropping on boards, which could make him a great value, so I think he would be a nice grab in the middle rounds.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:09 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I think Khalil Hodge from Buffalo will be someone who rises up draft boards. If he somehow falls because of being from a smaller school, I would scoop him up in a heartbeat in Round 2 or 3. 

Vosean Joseph from Florida would be an option in the second or around that area. 

Bryan London II from Texas State is undersized but he's a tackling machine. 

T.J. Edwards has been dropping on boards, which could make him a great value, so I think he would be a nice grab in the middle rounds.

I've seen Edwards projected all over. What has been making him drop? He seems to be a well-rounded LB so I'm surprised he's not consistently projected. I agree that if he drops, he might be a good depth pickup but I could also see how he might be viewed as a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy, and the Bengals might need someone who is more explosive?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to know how the Bengals feel about Cordy Glenn after he's undoubtedly disappointed so far this year. Would this team consider looking for a franchise LT in the draft or continue to roll with Glenn and instead look for RT? Or perhaps they look for someone who could start immediately at RT but then flex to LT eventually?

I feel the only other options for Rd 1 have to be either LB (Devin White or maybe Mack Wilson but harder to make case for Wilson the earlier you pick in the round) or potential next franchise QB (also unlikely unless there's a big coaching changeup).

This team won't go OG in the first round, especially if picking in the top half of the draft. Day 2 might be perfect for a new RG though.
Germain Pratt from NC State former Safety that moved to LB, Troy Dye OLB Oregon, and Dakota Allen from Texas Tech.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen Edwards projected all over. What has been making him drop? He seems to be a well-rounded LB so I'm surprised he's not consistently projected. I agree that if he drops, he might be a good depth pickup but I could also see how he might be viewed as a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy, and the Bengals might need someone who is more explosive?

The Bengals LB corps is chock full of "depth players", they need some bonafide star power.  The key to this team being successful on defense is first being able to stop the run.  I would look long and hard at Anfernee Jennings, from Alabama.  He is huge, at 6'3" 266, we should have much better success at shutting down the inside runs that the Bengals have been giving free passes to, for the past couple years.

If you're going to continue to run the 4-3, you gotta have a bona fide run stuffer.  Take the big man, put him in the middle, and build with speed and athleticism around him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen Edwards projected all over. What has been making him drop? He seems to be a well-rounded LB so I'm surprised he's not consistently projected. I agree that if he drops, he might be a good depth pickup but I could also see how he might be viewed as a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy, and the Bengals might need someone who is more explosive?

I thought Edwards was a solid prospect.  Not sure why he is rated inconsistently, but maybe he isn't the fastest LB in the draft is my only guess.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The possibility that the Bengals will be drafting in the top half, maybe even close to the top 10 of next year's draft, is becoming very real.  Does this change any of your opinions on what positions the Bengals should target?  Obviously, if we're in the top 10, then franchise LT or top of the class LB could be available.  We all know that Mike Brown likes CB and WR at the top of the draft, but how do you feel?

Man we NEED Devin white but if nkeal Harry is there? It would be INSANELY hard to pass him up. Passing him up is like passing on aj green. That's the type of prazr he's getting and rightfully so. I'd be okay on that if we were confident one of Allen,white,Wilson would be avalaible when we pick in rd2. No shutdown CB this year imo
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 07:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Man we NEED Devin white but if nkeal Harry is there? It would be INSANELY hard to pass him up. Passing him up is like passing on aj green. That's the type of prazr he's getting and rightfully so. I'd be okay on that if we were confident one of Allen,white,Wilson would be avalaible when we pick in rd2. No shutdown CB this year imo

I can definitely understand Harry from a future perspective because AJ probably only has a few years left, Boyd is set to hit FA after next year, and Ross still needs to fully blossom. However, it would be extremely frustrating to see the Bengals neglect clear positions of need like LB, OL, or even TE for the sake of future replacement. I wouldn't see Harry getting a lot of opportunities with the offense as a rookie as long as Green, Boyd, and Ross were healthy. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Germain Pratt from NC State former Safety that moved to LB.

Germaine Pratt is a guy I think is going to climb the boards throughout the draft process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote