Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(11-29-2018, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Germaine Pratt is a guy I think is going to climb the boards throughout the draft process.

I do not know where he goes( top 100 at the very least) but I honestly hope we get him. I could see him being a first Rd pick though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Move Bullock to LT and forget about even trying field goals. Let QBs all get hammered which forces us to draft 3 new QBs and let Huber play all 3 LB spots all at once !  

Ok, that's not really workable,  but fun to pretend Marvin might try it . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was looking at QBs after Dalton went down but it got me thinking, Do we even want to look at QBs if Marvin is still the coach?

I don't think he will look at QB if he is retained but lets say he did want to draft a QB, do we even want to go through this again or just wait until after next year when his 2 year deal is up and then look at QB with a new coach?

Also looking at QBs none of them really stand out to me, Tyree Jackson from Buffalo is interesting at 6'7 245 pounds has a nice arm and can actually move but not really sure the QBs are great this year.

Maybe the move is to grab OL, DT, LB, TE, and some DBs this years to get some talent and hope that Marvin is gone once his contract is up and let a new coach start fresh with a QB of his choosing.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 11:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I was looking at QBs after Dalton went down but it got me thinking, Do we even want to look at QBs if Marvin is still the coach?

I don't think he will look at QB if he is retained but lets say he did want to draft a QB, do we even want to go through this again or just wait until after next year when his 2 year deal is up and then look at QB with a new coach?

Also looking at QBs none of them really stand out to me, Tyree Jackson from Buffalo is interesting at 6'7 245 pounds has a nice arm and can actually move but not really sure the QBs are great this year.

Maybe the move is to grab OL, DT, LB, TE, and some DBs this years to get some talent and hope that Marvin is gone once his contract is up and let a new coach start fresh with a QB of his choosing.
That's not a reason to not draft a QB if there is a QB you believe in then draft him. Look at Chicago and LA when they didn't have a coach they still drafted a QB and it didn't hurt him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 11:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I was looking at QBs after Dalton went down but it got me thinking, Do we even want to look at QBs if Marvin is still the coach?

I would love Tyree Jackson to play for us if we have a fresh coaching staff next season. If Marvin is retained, then stay away. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:40 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: That's not a reason to not draft a QB if there is a QB you believe in then draft him. Look at Chicago and LA when they didn't have a coach they still drafted a QB and it didn't hurt him.

No doubt, although I havent seen anyone that looks like a potential elite QB just yet. Guess we will see who emerges as we get closer.

(11-30-2018, 01:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would love Tyree Jackson to play for us if we have a fresh coaching staff next season. If Marvin is retained, then stay away. 

Same way I feel, unless we end up in a spot where a Luck or Cam type of prospect was available(havent seen one yet) then I just dont see a real point in drafting a QB if Marvin is still here, no need for another fresh start with Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can definitely understand Harry from a future perspective because AJ probably only has a few years left, Boyd is set to hit FA after next year, and Ross still needs to fully blossom. However, it would be extremely frustrating to see the Bengals neglect clear positions of need like LB, OL, or even TE for the sake of future replacement. I wouldn't see Harry getting a lot of opportunities with the offense as a rookie as long as Green, Boyd, and Ross were healthy. 

This was looking at it as a long-term prespective no doubt. I'm all on the Devin white train. I love him. U only take Harry if u are 100 percent sure one of the top 3 lbers will be avaliable. Ideally I'd go white,Ford,hockenson. 1st 3 rounds. And honestly our lber Corp could be very decent after that if we let burfict go with Jefferson and vigil on the outside with white at mlb.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 06:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This was looking at it as a long-term prespective no doubt. I'm all on the Devin white train. I love him. U only take Harry if u are 100 percent sure one of the top 3 lbers will be avaliable. Ideally I'd go white,Ford,hockenson. 1st 3 rounds. And honestly our lber Corp could be very decent after that if we let burfict go with Jefferson and vigil on the outside with white at mlb.

I can agree with that statement. If White really has found out how to shed blocks and improve his coverage somewhat (he wasn't bad before but wasn't elite either), he'd be a great addition to the team. Jefferson needs to find a way onto the field. He could be a great fit as a see-and-chase LB with his speed. Vigil I think can be fine in that SAM role. A big problem though is even with Vigil-White-Jefferson as the starting group, the backups are not good, and getting rid of Burfict and letting Rey walk will only make things tougher. Bengals probably will need to bring in a cheaper vet FA for backup and also draft a mid-round LB. Maybe a guy like Khalil Hodge out of Buffalo. Dude is a tackling machine with quickness.

As for Ford, I've seen him being discussed in late 1st according to some sites. If he's not available when Bengals pick in Rd 2, who would you go with next?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Considering we hardly ever play with 3 LBs, we really only need to find 1 guy that can cover and tackle.

I doubt that they go that route in the first round unless they are drafting outside the top 10 - which is highly unlikely at this point.
Reply/Quote
LB-Really want Josh Allen, don't think he'll be there when we draft.

QB-Intrigued by Haskins, what do you Ohio State fans think? Doubt we take him in round 1 and he probably won't make it to our second pick.

OL-Not really sure who I like, intrigued by Little from Ole Miss.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 10:23 PM)tBengal Wrote: LB-Really want Josh Allen, don't think he'll be there when we draft.

QB-Intrigued by Haskins, what do you Ohio State fans think? Doubt we take him in round 1 and he probably won't make it to our second pick.

OL-Not really sure who I like, intrigued by Little from Ole Miss.

Little is a player to keep an eye on during draft.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 03:23 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Little is a player to keep an eye on during draft.  

I wonder if they are already thinking of replacing Glenn at LT. If so, you'd like to find an OT who could probably play both RT and LT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder if they are already thinking of replacing Glenn at LT. If so, you'd like to find an OT who could probably play both RT and LT.

Trey Adams probably could play both spot and is highly rated, but has injury issues; so maybe he IS a good fit.    Ninja
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
A couple Linebackers to keep an eye

1-Tevon Coney Notre Dame ILB: Runs 4.6 40        Projected to go in round 2
2-TJ Edwards  Wisconsin ILB  4.7 40                    Projected round 3
3- Josh Allen Kentucky OLB  4.59 40                    Projected round 1
4- Christian Miller Alabama OLB 4.76 40               Projected round 3
5- Chase Hasen Utah  OLB 4.67 40                      Projected round 2-3  

Bengals can grab a couple backers between rounds 2-3 which means they can address O-Line in round 1 with the likes of Trey Adams or Greg Little or Kaleb McGary from Washington.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Josh Allen won college football defensive player of the year, would love to have him but think he's gone by the 5th pick.

Would someone like Polite be available in the second if we took OL in the first?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 01:47 PM)tBengal Wrote: Josh Allen won college football defensive player of the year, would love to have him but think he's gone by the 5th pick.

Would someone like Polite be available in the second if we took OL in the first?

It would be close.  Depends on where the Bengals pick.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 01:47 PM)tBengal Wrote: Josh Allen won college football defensive player of the year, would love to have him but think he's gone by the 5th pick.

He will be a top 10 pick which by the end of the season we will have.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can agree with that statement. If White really has found out how to shed blocks and improve his coverage somewhat (he wasn't bad before but wasn't elite either), he'd be a great addition to the team. Jefferson needs to find a way onto the field. He could be a great fit as a see-and-chase LB with his speed. Vigil I think can be fine in that SAM role. A big problem though is even with Vigil-White-Jefferson as the starting group, the backups are not good, and getting rid of Burfict and letting Rey walk will only make things tougher. Bengals probably will need to bring in a cheaper vet FA for backup and also draft a mid-round LB. Maybe a guy like Khalil Hodge out of Buffalo. Dude is a tackling machine with quickness.

As for Ford, I've seen him being discussed in late 1st according to some sites. If he's not available when Bengals pick in Rd 2, who would you go with next?
I love Hodge. He's a absolute beast. I love Ford due to his versatility ala boling. If Ford isn't there my guard 2 is Lindstrom from Boston college. Also white cover grade this year was 90+.

Quite a few scouts think allen is MASSIVELY over and havr a day 2 grade on him. He's not a fit at all for a 4-3. White better and a better fit.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I love Hodge. He's a absolute beast. I love Ford due to his versatility ala boling. If Ford isn't there my guard 2 is Lindstrom from Boston college. Also white cover grade this year was 90+.
Quite a few scouts think allen is MASSIVELY over and havr a day 2 grade on him. He's not a fit at all for a 4-3. White better and a better fit.

If Lindstrom is there in round 3 he would be great addition to the Bengals.  

-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I love Hodge. He's a absolute beast. I love Ford due to his versatility ala boling. If Ford isn't there my guard 2 is Lindstrom from Boston college. Also white cover grade this year was 90+.

I too think Allen makes more sense as a 3-4 OLB, not in a 4-3. However, if Marvin isn't HC after this year, could we end up seeing a shift to a 3-4?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote