Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft: Linebackers, Offensive OT/Guard & DB
(10-22-2018, 03:56 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Will Trey Adams be there when the Bengal's pick?
Probably not but nobody saw Derwin James being available that late either. If he's there u take him. He would have been the first olineman taken last year. I compare him to whitowrth and that's not bc he was a Bengal. Most scouts compare him.to Taylor lewan. Put him at left tackle move Glenn to right and our oline is set.
(10-22-2018, 04:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It's Risner, Williams, or Little.  Adams is currently a huge gamble, to me anyway, what with ACL last year and back surgery this year.  
Well the back issue was due to the ACL. Ur talking about getting a top 3 talent in the draft(if he comes out) in the mid 20s. U do that every time. Peterson admitted he rushed him back a little too quick. His back was overcompensating and so he decided to have surgery.
(10-22-2018, 07:27 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Agree on Trey Adams. I'm not comfortable drafting a guy with knee and back problems at a position where leverage is key. 
Read above comment.
Reply/Quote
Some draft pundits are saying this might be the best TE draft in a long time. We definitely need to snag one if it falls that way.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Some draft pundits are saying this might be the best TE draft in a long time. We definitely need to snag one if it falls that way.

I would be shocked if the Bengals did not draft TE early next draft.  Maybe even two.  I also think they will draft two backers.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen, Troy Dye, and Dakota Allen would all look good in stripes next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Some draft pundits are saying this might be the best TE draft in a long time. We definitely need to snag one if it falls that way.

Yeah, i have seen a lot of good looking TE's this year that should be able to replace Eifert's non-existance pretty easily. Mellow

Guards : Dieter the Guard for Wisconsin is a good one.

LB's : Was really impressed by Devin Bush in the last game on that vaunted Michigan LB core. He seems more of a 3-4 backer tho.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 11:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Some draft pundits are saying this might be the best TE draft in a long time. We definitely need to snag one if it falls that way.
Noah fant is who I'm targeting in rd2. Think George kittle. Blocker and passer.
(10-24-2018, 05:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i have seen a lot of good looking TE's this year that should be able to replace Eifert's non-existance pretty easily. Mellow

Guards : Dieter the Guard for Wisconsin is a good one.

LB's : Was really impressed by Devin Bush in the last game on that vaunted Michigan LB core. He seems more of a 3-4 backer tho.
This. Yeah bush always seems to be bitzing and rushing.
Reply/Quote
I don't see us drafting safety early, but Marvell Tell III, USC looks amazing.
I think he could outplay Shawn Williams over time, and also be our nickel LB.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 12:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Noah fant is who I'm targeting in rd2. Think George kittle. Blocker and passer.
This. Yeah bush always seems to be bitzing and rushing.

Good one on Fant. Like what i have seen from him myself. Kittle was a big time steal for those Niners.

Bush just has a non stop motor and fire you want in your D players.
Reply/Quote
I know I said this before but if you guys can watch Georgia, watch their Center Gaillard. I think that dude is for real and would be awesome at RG for the Bengals. I think he is better than Price at Center.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Not sold on any of Georgia's OL, right now. After watching Florida stone them at the GL like 7 plays in a row..

However, watching a bit of Iowa this season, Noah Fant appears to be more than solid. I haven't really focused on his blocking ability, but I see that he's got a big frame, great hands, moves well after the catch. Not to the level of a Tyler Eifert, but a sturdy, reliable TE.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bush just has a non stop motor and fire you want in your D players.

Do u trust him in man to man coverage though? I'm not. Not.like I am in white. White has the cover skills of a coverage safety in a lber body.
Reply/Quote
I just know with Burfict's history of suspensions and injuries they need Two backers. They also need TE, and of course RT. White may be worth first round pick.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 03:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just know with Burfict's history of suspensions and injuries they need Two backers.  They also need TE, and of course RT.  White may be worth first round pick.

Truthfully they need at least two but probably three. I think they get rid of Vontaz this off season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 11:45 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Truthfully they need at least two but probably three. I think they get rid of Vontaz this off season. 

I'm done with Tez to be honest.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 03:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I just know with Burfict's history of suspensions and injuries they need Two backers.  They also need TE, and of course RT.  White may be worth first round pick.

If this team refuses to give Westerman a shot at RG by the end of this season, they need a new RG too. And I expect the Bengals to be drafted in the 15-25 range, which would fit perfectly for taking a dominant RG/RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If this team refuses to give Westerman a shot at RG by the end of this season, they need a new RG too. And I expect the Bengals to be drafted in the 15-25 range, which would fit perfectly for taking a dominant RG/RT.

The lack of developing Westerman is confounding.  He was highly touted as the next Center rated similarly to Mack and was projected to go in the 2-3 round.  I thought he did well last year in a few snaps.  

I still like Gaillaird from Georgia.  He is a beast.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If this team refuses to give Westerman a shot at RG by the end of this season, they need a new RG too. And I expect the Bengals to be drafted in the 15-25 range, which would fit perfectly for taking a dominant RG/RT.
We need a rg much more than rt. That said, if kneal Harry or Devin white is available that late? Man..... It would be very hard to pass him up.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 04:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: We need a rg much more than rt. That said, if kneal Harry or Devin white is available that late? Man..... It would be very hard to pass him up.

"Much" more? I'd disagree. Both have been pretty bad.
Alex Redmond PFF = 54.9
Bobby Hart PFF = 56.4

Neither have been good by any means. Meanwhile, Westerman has a PFF score of 74.3 in the limited snaps he's played. He deserves a shot at RG IMO. And if he can solidify himself by end of season there, the Bengals could then shift away from RG and prioritize RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 09:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: "Much" more? I'd disagree. Both have been pretty bad.
Alex Redmond PFF = 54.9
Bobby Hart PFF = 56.4

Neither have been good by any means. Meanwhile, Westerman has a PFF score of 74.3 in the limited snaps he's played. He deserves a shot at RG IMO. And if he can solidify himself by end of season there, the Bengals could then shift away from RG and prioritize RT.

It makes absolutely no sense! Yestermna .needs to be starting. He's obviously the second best guard on the team! That said Redmond has allowed the most qb hits, pressures, and penalties of any guard in the NFL. And the reason I said much more is because u can when around a tackle. Te/rb chios etc etc. Not so much around a guard... And gart when he's good is pretty decent. He's just too inconsistent. U know I'm a Trey Adams guy through and through so if we could get Adams at left tackle put westerman at rg and Glenn at rt? Man all of a sudden that's a pretty nasty oline. But again. I go back to if white or Harry is there? If Harry is there? That's a pick that would piss off the fan base me included but he's a top 3 talent in this draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 07:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It makes absolutely no sense! Yestermna .needs to be starting. He's obviously the second best guard on the team! That said Redmond has allowed the most qb hits, pressures, and penalties of any guard in the NFL. And the reason I said much more is because u can when around a tackle. Te/rb chios etc etc. Not so much around a guard... And gart when he's good is pretty decent. He's just too inconsistent. U know I'm a Trey Adams guy through and through so if we could get Adams at left tackle put westerman at rg and Glenn at rt? Man all of a sudden that's a pretty nasty oline. But again. I go back to if white or Harry is there? If Harry is there? That's a pick that would piss off the fan base me included but he's a top 3 talent in this draft.

Who in the heck is Yestermna?  And, Cordy Glenn at RT??  I don't think so.  His big knock is his drive blocking, or lack thereof..  You most definitely want a strong, run blocking Tackle on the Right side.  While Hart sucks at pass pro, his run blocking is about his only saving grace.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote