Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Draft Position Set
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is not a strong QB class and the best one (Herbert) went back to Oregon.

Completely agree we need a QB but not in this year's first round. 

Disagree , we need a offense line... very few QBs survive without a decent line.. 11 pick go tackle or guard... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:07 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hmm. Seattle has very limited talent on offense. Carson is not that good n Baldwin is a small possession wr. New England has terrible talent. Edelman is a Erickson clone n Gronk is half as good as he used to be . Mixon , Green n Boyd are as good as any of those guys above. Brady n Wilson are that good. They elevate everyone on their team.

Brady and Wilson are both better than Dalton but you’re foolish to think Edelman, Gronk, Carson, and Baldwin are rubbish. Carson ended with over 1300 yards from scrimmage and 9 TDs, 4.7 YPC. Baldwin, Edelman, Gronk are older but still have shown they can perform at a high level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As most people have said the first four rounds of this draft should be o-line and linebackers unless there is some unseen miracle in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:40 PM)sandwedge Wrote: No it didn't, if you think Herbert was better that Haskins then you are fooling yourself.

Don't take my word for it - go by what the draft people say, not by what you read on Buckeye message boards. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree needing OL and LB, but Green and Eifert has missed a lot of time the past few seasons. Boyd was unseen last season and Mixon was still pretty unknown last season. I'm not saying Andy is top flight, but let's not act like when these guys are in game, he can't win, because he has. Andy's problem has been this O-line for the last 3 seasons.

Oh, we can win with Dalton, just not in the playoffs. The weak OL coincides with our non-playoff seasons. Green is A1 except for the injuries, which really weren't long lasting until this year. I really don't see Eifert finishing a full season in the future.

The OL, LBs and a top flight WR are needed. Ross just doesn't show that he's the answer to take the heat off AJ and he's had two years to show something.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Disagree , we need a offense line... very few QBs survive without a decent line.. 11 pick go tackle or guard... 

Totally agree.  Really sick of watching this o-line flounder for the last 2 seasons.  We need long term answers everywhere.  The skill players are on the roster.  Time to get some guys that can win in the trenches and take advantage of the kind of player we have in Mixon.
Reply/Quote
We went OL in the 1st last season and Price was worse than the guy he replaced.

We need a day 1 impact player with a pick this high.

If not QB, take the best LB available. We need a difference maker at LB in the worst way. With Burfict looking done we don’t have one on our roster, and the defense was close to being historically bad because of it.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We went OL in the 1st last season and Price was worse than the guy he replaced.

Now that is heresay LOL 

But he definitely was not as good as I was hoping.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We went OL in the 1st last season and Price was worse than the guy he replaced.

We need a day 1 impact player with a pick this high.

If not QB, take the best LB available. We need a difference maker at LB in the worst way. With Burfict looking done we don’t have one on our roster, and the defense was close to being historically bad because of it.

A lineman is an impact player, price was a rookie and played ok for the most difficult job on the line, go tackle if someone warrants 11 pick
Reply/Quote
I don't think Haskins makes by the Giants or Jacksonville. I think he needs another year but he is special. But also, he gets rattled in the pocket and the Bengals O-Line needs replacements at possible 2-3 positions.

I say go linebacker then address O-Line and TE in rounds 2-3. The Bengals really need 2 impact linebackers this draft because I do not think Burfict is the answer at this point.

But if that Bama DT is there (92- Q. Williams), then grab him. Geno will not last forever, and the guy is a beast.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: A lineman is an impact player, price was a rookie and played ok for the most difficult job on the line, go tackle if someone warrants 11 pick

A stud LB is much more likely to come in and be an instant impact player than just about any OL. The OL is only as good as its weakest link. Look at how bad ours was even when we still had Whit and Zeitler. Unless we utilize FA or trades it’s gonna take a while to fix this mess.

And I disagree Price was “ok.” He was awful for the most part. Hopkins was a far better center C for us.

Reply/Quote
Bengals have had the 11th overall pick twice before.

1976: Billy Brooks, WR
1986: Joe Kelly, LB

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL is only as good as its weakest link. Look at how bad ours was even when we still had Whit and Zeitler.

The reason for this was due to one incompetent boob named Paul Alexander.  I honestly believe if this organization had someone else coaching the line during this time span the team would had at least won one playoff game.  In all but one playoff loss, the lines were over matched, not prepared and overwhelmed by the aggressive defenses.  Remember, Alexander liked the line to play passive.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:33 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Hell no on Haskins!  I love all the OSU homers who think the latest OSU QB will be the answer!  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, being from Dayton perhaps the last UD QB is the next stud .. Yeah?  No? 
Never gonna happen..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote