Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019 Draft needs to hit 3 HRs( like John Dorsey did)
(12-25-2018, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: It's simple, really.  He just doesn't like many of our players.

Ok, so it just isn't me? Lol. Lots of people talking good about him. Even my coworkers who love Michigan and the Browns lol. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
the funny thing is the Browns oline was in question at the start of the year. especially losing Joe Thomas.
2 new OTs up front.
they signed Greg Robinson who was a bargain.
The Browns have the best OG tandem in the NFL. but it decent last year.
but trust me the ability and skill of Mayfield is a huge difference
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:57 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Ok, so it just isn't me? Lol. Lots of people talking good about him. Even my coworkers who love Michigan and the Browns lol. 

He's a good player, for sure.  Has had a nice rookie season.  Has a lot of versatility. He should only get better.   At least one of our third rounders did something.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:35 AM)samhain Wrote: If they draft 2 plug-and-play offensive linemen and sign a decent FA linebacker, things will trend up. The Bengals have all the offensive skill players that a team could hope for. John Ross has a knack for the red zone. Hopefully he'll take a year 3 leap like Boyd. He hasn't proven to be great, but he hasn't been totally incompetent, either.

Get 2 young, tough linemen and fix the problem that's plagued this team for 3 seasons.

Also, Cleveland worked FA with Landry as well. Gotta play the offseason game in all phases.

We punt in the off season and go 3 n out in the draft too.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 02:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the funny thing is the Browns oline was in question at the start of the year. especially losing Joe Thomas.
2 new OTs up front.
they signed Greg Robinson who was a bargain.
The Browns have the best OG tandem in the NFL. but it decent last year.
but trust me the ability and skill of Mayfield is a huge difference

We should have kept zeitler.

Mike brown is to the bengals fandom as a bullet hole is to my foot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ward needs to be careful or he may be finding his career ending a little quicker than he expected. How many concussions has he had this year? Three, or four? Not a great start, but when he plays, he does well.

Cincinnati has drafted well typically but whiffed on the recent picks (other than WJIII and Mixon). That's where the hole now comes in. Unfortunately, key players are also aging and declining. It's a tough spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ward needs to be careful or he may be finding his career ending a little quicker than he expected. How many concussions has he had this year? Three, or four? Not a great start, but when he plays, he does well.

Cincinnati has drafted well typically but whiffed on the recent picks (other than WJIII and Mixon). That's where the hole now comes in. Unfortunately, key players are also aging and declining. It's a tough spot.

Boyd is certainly not a whiff... Jesse Bates looks promising as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:03 PM)jason Wrote: Boyd is certainly not a whiff... Jesse Bates looks promising as well.

I was thinking Boyd was drafted further back. Basically, I just didn't think about him but yes, he is playing very well. 
Reply/Quote
Mortgage the next 2-4 drafts for players now.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:03 PM)jason Wrote: Boyd is certainly not a whiff... Jesse Bates looks promising as well.

Boyd will be gone too just like Jones and Sanu. 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:44 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'd say we need a stud DT even more than a LBer at this point.

The war is in the trenches might sound cliche, but that's what is killing us!

(12-25-2018, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A NT better than Billings would help.  Maybe Glasgow/Ringo can pick this up.  Who knows?

Finally!!! Thank you for stating the obvious, but seemingly unrealized.

Stopping the run with your front seven is the difference between good and bad Teams. And the NT is in the heart of it. You can't commit a safety to stop the run. Eight man fronts get eaten by the pass.

Ravens and NE have always placed a high value on NTs (Adams, Wilfork, Siragusa, Ngata, Shelton). Even the great Packers D with White, had Gilbert Brown at nose. Zimmer has him a nice NT in Linval Joseph.

We attempted to replace Domato with Billings. Has not worked. A blown up cruiserweight, is no heavyweight. Weight room strength does not always transfer to the field, where natural strength and stamina are needed to rinse and repeat play after play.

Draft a true NT. Doesn't have to be in the first round, but you need quality at nose, because two thirds of your defense runs through him. Good ones don't last long. The top two NTs this year went 12 and 13 (Vea and Payne). 

And you don't get good young ones in FA, because Teams don't let the heart of their run defense leave - especially because they are relatively inexpensive. Poe was let go because his franchise tag was $13+ mil and had back problems.  

Reply/Quote
Lot easier to hit homeruns with top 5 picks. Bengals might have to tank a year or two to get a true impact QB like Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
I know it’s a pipe dream but I would KILL for josh Allen from Kentucky! Dude can play linebacker or De. Absolute stud and would love to have him as a bengal. He would be my dream pick
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:46 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Lot easier to hit homeruns with top 5 picks.  Bengals might have to tank a year or two to get a true impact QB like Mayfield.

That's why the Bengals will Hire Hue as the new HC. Just look at what he did for the Browns rebuild lol
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ward needs to be careful or he may be finding his career ending a little quicker than he expected. How many concussions has he had this year? Three, or four? Not a great start, but when he plays, he does well.

Actually it is not a tough spot as long as you are not in salary cap hell, which they are not by any means. In fact we have many slugs we could cut and save cap for free agents. We simply dont operate that way. For a qualified GM, this would be a rather easy team to build from average up.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 12:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Actually it is not a tough spot as long as you are not in salary cap hell, which they are not by any means. In fact we have many slugs we could cut and save cap for free agents. We simply dont operate that way. For a qualified GM, this would be a rather easy team to build from average up.

Right, I’m speaking from Cincinnati’s perspective. They typically aren’t incredibly active in FA, so it ends up being homegrown talent from the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:22 AM)jj22 Wrote: Give MB two top 5 picks and his odds would be just as good.

MB has had 10 top 6 picks and a total of 14 top 10 picks, for what it's worth.  Is that the most a GM has ever received in the history of the NFL?  Lordy, in 27 years the guy has had a top 10 pick more than half the time.

So basically we have Marvin Lewis, the only HC who can keep his job for 17 years without winning a playoff game, and Mike Brown the only GM(?) who can make 14 top 10 picks without losing his job or winning a playoff game?  Eep.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 11:46 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Lot easier to hit homeruns with top 5 picks.  Bengals might have to tank a year or two to get a true impact QB like Mayfield.

I think Baker Mayfield has looked decent this year but how is anyone so sure that this guy is amazing? I mean getting the Browns to .500 is a good feat considering where the Browns have been but I would slow down on the  HOF jacket  until this guy proves something first. 

I mean we have a QB that was having an MVP type season in 2015 and he was having basically the same statistical year that Baker Mayfield is having now before he got hurt and that is with Bobby Hart and Redmond on the right side all year.

I really dont think that QB is problem with this team. LB, O line and TE are bigger priorities.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:35 PM)bengalhoel Wrote:  I think Baker Mayfield has looked decent this year but how is anyone so sure that this guy is amazing? I mean getting the Browns to .500 is a good feat considering where the Browns have been but I would slow down on the  HOF jacket  until this guy proves something first. 

I mean we have a QB that was having an MVP type season in 2015 and he was having basically the same statistical year that Baker Mayfield is having now before he got hurt and that is with Bobby Hart and Redmond on the right side all year.

I'm not saying Mayfield is a HOF-er, but the fact that you are comparing his first year starting for a squad that won 1 game out of their past 33 to the best year of Dalton's 8 year career might be a bit telling.

It just seems like you are saying you don't see what the Mayfield hype is all about since Andy Dalton played better than him for most of one season in 8 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:53 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Hubbard is third in rookie sacks. He is now getting a lot of playing time. Motor never quits
 Always around the ball even when he is around the QB running the opposite side of the field to chase down a running back going the opposite way. I'll give you Price....however, Hubbard has been impressive. Am I missing something? 

Hubbard makes some splash plays...and he's improving of late. I wouldn't call him Good this year...but I think in 2-3 years he might develop into a solid player.

The Browns have atleast 3 rookies better than him.
Reply/Quote